• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Doesnt stack up = half the team/squad weren't at the club under Poch or Jose

Forster, Porro, Royal, Romero, Lenglet, PEH, Skipp, Bentancur, Sarr, Bisouma, Perisic, Richie, Kulu etc - none of these played under Poch. Most of these didnt play under Mourinho

Exactly, it’s a curse, there is nothing else that makes sense, we keep hiring the best managers in the game, signing players with incredible potential, and it always ends in tears.

Which? Kane? I can't imagine Dier or Davies have that much influence. Kane is selfish on the pitch but equally carries the team at times

You’d think so, and it would be sad, ironic and deeply fudging Sp ur sy, that the best striker we’ve ever had, was the problem.

I don’t know what to think anymore, but we keep hiring great managers that have spent their careers overachieving and they hit a wall with us.

Exactly, it’s a curse, there is nothing else that makes sense, we keep hiring the best managers in the game, signing players with incredible potential, and it always ends in tears.

OK, if we're descending to the level where curses are the answer, then there's not much conversation to be had! Not having a go at you, but there's reasons why the club has fallen short at different times

At the moment, we're rebuilding the squad. We need a couple CBs and a GK and then most (not all) of the rebuild has been done. Then we need a manager who will be here for the long-term and fine-tune the squad based on how they want to play

OK, if we're descending to the level where curses are the answer, then there's not much conversation to be had! Not having a go at you, but there's reasons why the club has fallen short at different times

At the moment, we're rebuilding the squad. We need a couple CBs and a GK and then most (not all) of the rebuild has been done. Then we need a manager who will be here for the long-term and fine-tune the squad based on how they want to play

I agree, but I think that takes longer than a year and a half.

We can’t keep resetting.

Knives are out for Conte today, but the tactics were sound and it was a game we should have won comfortably, but individual errors cost us.

Pretty sure there are posts of me saying the same thing under Nuno and Jose.

They had 17 shots....I doubt that comes from being set up soundly IMO, that comes from inviting pressure

mostly low xG ones though, albeit Forster shat himself with one and gave away a cheap corner that led to the second goal, another individual mistake

the system is to win it back and break quickly, that’s the game plan, when we do it properly we win

I’m struggling to think of a great manager that wasn’t a moody clam.

For us? Could name a few. Maybe after getting the same questions from the media each week they might be a bit down. But there were a few that could have a smile and a bit of a joke.

For us? Could name a few. Maybe after getting the same questions from the media each week they might be a bit down. But there were a few that could have a smile and a bit of a joke.

the great managers we’ve had were moody clams

AVB, Jose, Poch, Burkinshaw, Rowe, I’m assuming Cameron, everyone was a moody clam in the old days

Lol. Avb and jose? To young to remember the others.

Poch moody?

that’s my considered opinion having analysed the resources available and return of every single one of our managers

Remember Poch at Burnley, when saying he was just the coach, when banging on about lemons.

Moody is good, happy people don’t live in the real world, where everything is brick.

Back