• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

I think that's harsh.

I can't see any reason for doubting his application or attitude, he's just not suited to our style of play. I wouldn't criticise a player who isn't pacy for being incapable of running faster, equally I won't criticise a player who doesn't have the swiftness of mind required to play our football for being unable to do that. I don't think he should be at our club past January, but I think it's more than a little unfair to make it personal.

True, not his fault he's rubbish, but I guess it's because "I've heard" he's a bit of a rooster, plus the monday spat - admittedly not exactly great evidence, but still, just makes me dislike him.

Ah, just read that article, so it was his fault, he was being a prick (Shocker) and apologised for it. So I want to reiterate everything I said initially. Odious useless prick ;)

He's certainly rising through the list. I've been nothing but impressed with Poch since he turned up. Wasn't my first choice, FDB was, but he quickly got me on side and he gets better every month. On and off the pitch he is class, had a vision and is sticking to it, but more importantly making it happen.

Could not agree more, like you I wanted FDB but I have been impressed by the progress we have made as a team and that is down to Poch and the way he handles his players. Long may it continue.

I felt that was the end for Townsend, he has been axed from the squad

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/andros-townsend-axed-tottenham-squad-6767198?

The fact that it was done in public just makes it worse, you don't mess with Poch or the staff

Poch gave Lennon 2 chances (the dressing room confrontation and then the nightclub incident). I suspect Townsend has just used up his only warning.

Although I like Townsend, Poch's integrity/conduct is absolutely outstanding - up there with Bill Nich, Burkinshaw and Jol.

Poch gave Lennon 2 chances (the dressing room confrontation and then the nightclub incident). I suspect Townsend has just used up his only warning.

Although I like Townsend, Poch's integrity/conduct is absolutely outstanding - up there with Bill Nich, Burkinshaw and Jol.

What was the nightclub incident? Been in and out of all the news.

Just seen this, and it will hopefully accelerate his departure from the club. That said, I genuinely don't hate the guy, and i really wish him all the best.
Yes, he stepped out of line, but i actually he's an honest geezer who would run through walls for Spurs, and always gives 100%
The reason he's best gone is because he's not suited to us, or Pochs style, so no argument there.
The other upside from this, is that it sends the right message to the other players.

Best if we cash in while he is still an England regular. I don't think we will get the £15m Southampton wanted to give us last summer but £10m will do or a part exchange for Berahino.

He wouldn't get on the bench when everyone is fit anyway.

Not sure I like the going public but from Poch on a player who has been around since the academy but then again we don't know all the details and from what we do know he acted in a very poor manner. Shame really. Hope he gets a good club in January and goes on to have a good career. Will always be cheered at the lane regardless one likes to think.

Back