• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

I've always thought Townsend was utter turd. Even when he 'broke through' and did well for England I thought he was cack and England masking how bad he clearly is. He's been brick 95% of the time ever since. On Thursday he was, again, GHod awful, how does anyone defend him? It also, another thing thing I've been saying for a long time, dispelled the myth this man has pace, he doesn't, he is direct, but he isn't fast. But ultimately, the guy is atrocious and I can't wait until we sell him. January hopefully.

Tottenham fans have lost patience with Andros Townsend, want him sold

There is probably no way back for Andros Townsend at Tottenham now.

Last season, game after game, the winger would frustrate supporters and they would question whether he could ever return to form in north London. This term, he spoke of how his fitness was letting him down before and how he is now ready to deliver at White Hart Lane.

Let's be honest, that was never the case. Townsend simply isn't good enough for Tottenham and the winger may now have blown his last chance.

Of course, those very words have been written before and, due to injuries and perhaps even sympathy from Mauricio Pochettino, the 24-year-old somehow finds his back in the Spurs line-up from time to time.

But that might not last much longer as Tottenham fans have simply had enough.

If Pochettino is at all able to gauge how the White Hart Lane faithful feel, Townsend won't be given another sniff unless he miraculously doubles his performance levels in training. At Anderlecht on Thursday night, there was the usual from the winger. Cutting inside, losing the ball and shooting aimlessly. Over and over again.

And Spurs fans have made their Townsend feelings clear through various comments on the HITC Sport pages...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/2...-lost-patience-with-andros-townsend-want-him/

------------------------------------------------------

Have the same feeling about Townsend. For all his dribbling skills and pace, his finishing is shyte. And his long range shots are getting bad to worse as well. Has never been convinced of him ever since he started to play for us. He is now already 24. Just can't see him improving suddenly to become a usefull player for us.

The final straw????

Quite possibly.

I've thought for a while that he's quite far down the pecking order. Injuries to Son, Chadli and perhaps even Pritchard has somewhat disguised that fact. If he is in deed behind Pritchard too he's essentially 6th (behind Eriksen, Son, Lamela, Chadli and Pritchard) for one of those 3 attacking midfield slots. Now it seems Dembele is considered ahead of him too for that role. If Mason and perhaps now even Onomah are getting game time ahead of him he really is falling way back. Despite it arguably only being him, Son and Chadli that wouldn't prefer a #10 role to a wide role out of those players.

Can understand his frustration. He's working hard in training by most reports and is obviously desperate to succeed at Spurs. Can't really fault him for reacting if he did react (journalists are clams with images). But he's far enough down the pecking order that a move in January might be the best for everyone.

If Pritchard returns before January I think and hope it will be the end of Andros' career for Spurs. If not, then next summer.
Don't think he's a turd tbh, just not a very good player, mainly a hugely frustrating player.

If Pritchard returns before January I think and hope it will be the end of Andros' career for Spurs. If not, then next summer.
Don't think he's a turd tbh, just not a very good player, mainly a hugely frustrating player.

And a player not particularly well suited to our style of football.

I've compared him to Adam Johnson in the past and continue to think it's a decent comparison.

Townsend's best football has come for QPR in a counter attacking setup that defends deep and where "shift it and shoot" to finish up an attack and get back well organized is seen as a good thing 9 out of 10 times. And where slow buildup play meant you passed it from the goalie to a centre back who then hoofed it towards Zamora/whoever instead of the more direct route of the goalie hoofing it directly. It's about as opposite to our preferred style as you're likely to come.

Not without context. Maybe the trainer admitted to Townsend that he'd pranged his prize car in the car park when he arrived?

Exactly. Its easy to criticise without anyone knowing any facts.

They say a picture paints a thousand words but not always the right ones in my opinion

The guy isn't happy as Onomah gets to come on while sits on the bench, naturally it causes frustration for him. I think he just doesn't fit in the best 11 under Poch and he isn't happy with this possibly so a move may be best for him.

Andros has fantastic focus and work ethic when training and his commitment to Spurs is unquestioned.

However, he remains the same player he was 3 seasons ago. He hasn't come on at all.

And may i suggest that if i was the manager and i'm trying to coach, develop and improve a player for the greater good of him and the team, the one thing that would reduce my trust and belief in a player is the impression that he is not taking a blind bit of notice of what im telling him.

Doubt we'll get more than 6-7m for him. Other teams will know he's surplus to requirements too and I don't think more than 1 or 2 clubs will be interested in him even for that price

Back