• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

It does make me wonder how Poch would have handled this if it was a more important player. Now of course there wouldn't have been the frustration built up in him from getting left on the bench in favour of an 18 year old kid, but still, I wonder if Poch would have come down so hard on him if it had been Kane or Lloris...
Absolutely no differently I hope. Good man management applies to all of the squad, not some chosen favourites

Absolutely no differently I hope. Good man management applies to all of the squad, not some chosen favourites

In theory of course. And the fact that this is the first time that a player has publicly stepped out of line means that there's no precedent and Poch can come down as hard as he likes.

I like to think it would be the same for everybody, but the truth is it's far harder to do it if you know you rely on that player. Remember how quick Jol was to cast Ghaly aside after the shirt incident, yet continued to pick Berbatov when he refused to get warmed up...

In theory of course. And the fact that this is the first time that a player has publicly stepped out of line means that there's no precedent and Poch can come down as hard as he likes.

I like to think it would be the same for everybody, but the truth is it's far harder to do it if you know you rely on that player. Remember how quick Jol was to cast Ghaly aside after the shirt incident, yet continued to pick Berbatov when he refused to get warmed up...
That's a fair point about Berbs... maybe a better manager such as Poch would have handled that incident differently. Whatever, the action taken by Poch in this case seems firm and proportionate, and clearly sets a marker for the behavior he expects from the squad

It does make me wonder how Poch would have handled this if it was a more important player. Now of course there wouldn't have been the frustration built up in him from getting left on the bench in favour of an 18 year old kid, but still, I wonder if Poch would have come down so hard on him if it had been Kane or Lloris...

Frankly, can't blame Townsend for being frustrated. Pochettino should not have put Townsend on the bench if he had wanted to play 18 year old Onomah ahead of him. I think any player will feel offended if an unknown 18 year old play ahead of them.

Frankly, can't blame Townsend for being frustrated. Pochettino should not have put Townsend on the bench if he had wanted to play 18 year old Onomah ahead of him. I think any player will feel offended if an unknown 18 year old play ahead of them.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Poch has no idea how the game is going to go or what type of player will be needed at some stage. A manager will select the bench on the best available players who allow him to cover most eventualities.

had townsend played we would have lost possession after him trying to shoot from an impossible distance or angle ... giving them a chance to score ... poch made the only decision viable with villa breathing down our necks

Hard to believe there were calls for him to play over Lamela even up until the end of last season.

Lamela always offered "something" with the high possibility of improving, and has improved.

Townsend hasn't changed in years, and except for a small spell at QPR which raised my hopes a bit, hasn't looked like doing so.

Have to say i still feel some sympathy for him being as he's Tottenham and him watching the adulation aimed at Kane and to a lesser extent at Mason and Bentaleb, must be absolutely gutting.

Always was more of an athlete than a footballer.

Head down and predictable would be his legacy at Spurs.

Wish him all the best. Just not a top player in my opinion.

Choosing to cross the ball is a very good example of why he doesn't fit our team.
Again your vampire like hatred of crosses. Bayern Munich tore Ars.anal to shreds last night with crosses, won 5-1. Giroud also scored from a cross. Unless you aren't calling a pass from wide to centre, a cross. Hopefully our buys will also tear Ars.anal to shreds with 'wide passes' (crosses) on Sunday.

Again your vampire like hatred of crosses. Bayern Munich tore Ars.anal to shreds last night with crosses, won 5-1. Giroud also scored from a cross. Unless you aren't calling a pass from wide to centre, a cross. Hopefully our buys will also tear Ars.anal to shreds with 'wide passes' (crosses) on Sunday.
Crosses are good to open up when teams are defending narrow - not when you are running out of options with you head down...
And to be clear: A cross is not from centre to wide, for me it's from one side of the pitch to another.

I actually feel sorry for him. We as fans see his limitations but clearly the managers see him as a real player

But the reason I feel sorry for him is he is "fighting back" becaus he wants to play for spurs and that for me shows his passion for the club and the game and that's not a bad thing. Yes he should have been smarter with his actions but at least it's because he wants to play for us

We will sell him and he will have a decent career somewhere but let's not forget he is spurs through and through

I actually feel sorry for him. We as fans see his limitations but clearly the managers see him as a real player

But the reason I feel sorry for him is he is "fighting back" becaus he wants to play for spurs and that for me shows his passion for the club and the game and that's not a bad thing. Yes he should have been smarter with his actions but at least it's because he wants to play for us

We will sell him and he will have a decent career somewhere but let's not forget he is spurs through and through

He is also one of our own. But not as good as some of the others who are also one of our own.

It's not about whether you can score from them, it's how many attempts it takes. Pretty much every other option leads to a higher chance of scoring.

I don't dislike crosses, they're good as a variation on a style, but they're utterly pointless against park the bus teams (most of our opponents) and players who continually choose to head down the outside and cross are pointless in modern football.

Crosses are good to open up when teams are defending narrow - not when you are running out of options with you head down...
And to be clear: A cross is not from centre to wide, for me it's from one side of the pitch to another.
You are misinterpreting the meaning of the word. Cross = Innlegg (in norwegian for those of you wondering) You are mixing it up with another word we use in norwegian, crossball, which is a diagonal or square pass from one side of the pitch to the other.

You are misinterpreting the meaning of the word. Cross = Innlegg (in norwegian for those of you wondering) You are mixing it up with another word we use in norwegian, crossball, which is a diagonal or square pass from one side of the pitch to the other.
Good to know, Townsend isnt good at that either ;)

Back