• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Something that did stick out to me yesterday was how Ayew would've been absolutely perfect for our system. Great movement, excellent workrate, he is tenacious, has good touch, pace, seems to have good awareness, is happy both going wide and coming inside and seems to be a real team player. I know his wages were high but overall he still looks to be a real bargain

Agreed. We missed out on a good signing there. Wasn't he on a free transfer as well? Oh, well, no use crying over spilled milk.

Agreed. We missed out on a good signing there. Wasn't he on a free transfer as well? Oh, well, no use crying over spilled milk.

I think he looks quite impressive. I would reserve my judgement on him until the end of the season though. Plenty of players before have started well and then gone missing, Patinkle Cisse to name but one. Here's a hypothetical. Would you rather him or Son or N'Jie? I think it's too early to tell.

Apparently his wage/bonus asks was quite ridiculous ... that's why nobody else went for him.
i thought I read that the total, combined ask was £75k a week?.... Which over a 4 year contract is equivalent to a £6 million transfer fee and £45k a week of wages, whch is still something of a bargain I'd say.

I think he looks quite impressive. I would reserve my judgement on him until the end of the season though. Plenty of players before have started well and then gone missing, Patinkle Cisse to name but one. Here's a hypothetical. Would you rather him or Son or N'Jie? I think it's too early to tell.
I like the look of Son, but think that Ayew currently looks a lot more accomplished than N'Jie.

I like the look of Son, but think that Ayew currently looks a lot more accomplished than N'Jie.

I think Ayew is certainly further along than Njie, but give Clinton a season and he will start to become dynamite. When he gets the early wide-ball, his ability to beat the man and out in a low, accurate ball has already been proven fantastic.

Pretty much how I feel about it at the moment and as for the bolded bit I think Son who is two years younger (then Ayew and proved himself in a stronger Lge ( Germany) then Ayew ( France)) whould get my vote so far, As for N'jie its probably to early to tell as you say.

Something that did stick out to me yesterday was how Ayew would've been absolutely perfect for our system. Great movement, excellent workrate, he is tenacious, has good touch, pace, seems to have good awareness, is happy both going wide and coming inside and seems to be a real team player. I know his wages were high but overall he still looks to be a real bargain

At the start of the summer Ayew and Ings were the two players I most wanted us to sign (both on frees too). I thought with Ayew coming from a Biesla team would be ideal for us.

To be honest though, I'm very happy with what I've seen from Son and Njie, (albeit they cost us £30m more).

I don't think this relates to Townsend though, as all 4 of Son, Njie, Ayew and Ings prefer coming in from the left flank, whereas Townsend (and Lamela) come in from the right.

Back