• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

So you don't have stats to back it up then?

3 posters pulled you on it, btw - not just me

Wow you're unreal and see what you want. You and Steff "pulled me up on it" but did you notice how different your responses were?

Steff stated we created more than 1 clear cut chance then gave an example of a clear cut chance in the WBA game. That was a response that was in relation to my statement.

You on the other hand stated Dembele was not a clear cut chance (which you see what other posters thought of right?) and then linked me to stats that have nothing to do with what i said. you then actually had the nerve to twist my words lol. Answer my specific point with a response that is actually related to the statement i put forward and will in turn answer back but throw something at me that doesn't counter any statement i made and how can i respond? you won't get it though.

Please don't tell me what my argument was. My 'argument' was exactly what i said it was which was that we didn't create clear cut chances. Everyone that replied to it saw it as that but you're seeing it as something else which is up to you but please don't tell what my argument is ESPECIALLY when i've made it crystal clear.

our attacking football this season so far hasnt lived up to the AVB hype. No matter what any stats say, its obvious we dont create many clear cut chances.

so far most football observers have noted a lack of cohesion in our attacking play.

How did we treat Arry 'inappropriately' prior to Capello resigning in order to deserve that? 4m/year and the once in a life time opportunity to manage a team not fighting for relegation (we were never going down - plus I'm referring to season objectives)

Was kinda talkin about Jol

Show me stats which prove your initial/true/original point (or at least give it some substance) and I'll admit I was wrong. There is nothing wrong in admitting you were wrong.

edit: Leeds also made a comment at the time

Last edited:
I don't think we'll get top 4 this season. I actually think Everton will as they have a better manager and have a good balance in their squad. It's not the end of the world if we don't get 4th, provided we get top 6 at the minimum.

When it comes to the results, I'm prepared to give him time, but people are making excuses for him. Yes we've lost two of our best midfielders, but Fulham have lost their two best players from last season and that hasn't stopped them getting good results and playing some good football.

Steff, Arc, I'm all for giving AVB time, but the performances have been pony so far, and the football has been pretty dire. Dress it up all you like, but it has been.

Yes, I'm lucky enough to be able to watch every Spurs game on TV - mostly live

Ok this is a start.

in the Wigan game how many clear cut chances would you say we created? forget stats, forget everything...just in your opinion how many clear cut chances did you see us create in the 90 minutes?

Ok this is a start.

in the Wigan game how many clear cut chances would you say we created? forget stats, forget everything...just in your opinion how many clear cut chances did you see us create in the 90 minutes?

None from what I can remember

We spent the entire first half passing the ball along the back four

How is it obvious? Do you have statistical reference perhaps?

i told you i dont care much for stats, i rather go by what my eyes tell me, but here is a little table (after 8 games)

Chance-creation1.png

and this is a table based on finishing

Goal-scoring.png

Leeds show me where that indicates any clear cut chances please?

wait wait just so we're clear on this. Is your opinion that we created lots of clear cut chances vs WBA, Norwich, Wigan and QPR? and if so how many clear cut chances would you say we created?

Ignore.........I'm not going to rewatch the games and give you a detailed breakdown.

Needless to say the stats above indicate we are creating shots at goal.......a clear cut chance is subjective....shots on goal aren't and they are a key stat in looking at if a team is doing much wrong

I stand by what I've always said, the difference is a clinical striker. Chelsea get by with ludicrously good attacking midfielders. We could have put a lot of our games to bed in the first half with a great striker. I just don't think Defoe is it

If I remember correctly around 50 of those shots are attributable to Defoe and let's be honest majority of his shots are wayward or from ridiculous distances and angles

Ignore.........I'm not going to rewatch the games and give you a detailed breakdown.

Needless to say the stats above indicate we are creating shots at goal.......a clear cut chance is subjective....shots on goal aren't and they are a key stat in looking at if a team is doing much wrong

nobody asked for you to do that but i did have a very strong feeling this would be your answer.

The fact that you need to rewatch a whole game again to remember clear cut chances tell me everything though tbh. Usually when we create loads of chances and are unlucky it would be stuck in peoples heads for months how unlucky we are. I doubt you can name a handful of clear chances in those games because there wasn't much at all and we were turbobrick.

Ok just answer this then...were those 4 games even decent performances or were they well below average? or maybe even good?

Back