• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

That's a completely separate aspect and largerly unrelated.

To a larger extent it is unrelated but it is definitely related to a degree. If we treat one or two of our Managers inappropriately then we have to expect that what goes around will eventually come around. So we cant sit here and act all high and mighty.

Lets not go there though

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/repor...e-england-manager-job-after-euro-2012_1620454

i thought as in this web article,one of many i could have copied,that everyone knew that capello was going to leave after the euros anyway and that harry was favourite for the job,therefore it seems it didn't affect our form for another two half months when this came out in December.

the link with him wanting the england job and our poor form is a very weak indeed, every side hits poor form some time over 38 games it was just concidence it came to ahead at the wrong time for us and in most of those games we should have won anyway.If the squad had been boosted by quality signings rather than freebies we had we could have got third easily.

Wow....what a widely distributed and reliable source! :)

P0085.png

MONSTROUS OWNAGE!

Ta ta

Lets try and forget the past (however painful). It is the future we all need to believe in.

AVB needs time. Most agree with that. Most also agree that our performances this season have been disappointing.

The optimists among us (including Arc and Steff) think everthing will come good under AVB. I really hope so too - its just that I cant see any green shoots to base that optimism on at the moment. I know we have key players out and havent yet fully assembled the squad AVB wants, but the simple things still seem to be missing imv that is what is worrying me and the others who have already lost patience with his methods.

I think that whatever the results, AVB is likely to be our manager over the next year and a half at least so we all need to get behind him and really hope he is a quick learner.

Find some stats to back up your claim at least - you just categorically stated few posts up, your opinion is never passed on as fact.

Well, I have presented numerous numbers to counter-act your claim - the onus is now on you, I believe.

You "presented numerous numbers" showing the amount of shots we've had. Can you now point me to the stats you presented that countered my argument of "Clear cut chances" please?

I don't think you understand what "clear cut chances" actually means do you? i mean you seem to have the belief that dembele's goal vs Norwich was a clear cut chance so i think this will be very difficult.

Lets try and forget the past (however painful). It is the future we all need to believe in.

AVB needs time. Most agree with that. Most also agree that our performances this season have been disappointing.

The optimists among us (including Arc and Steff) think everthing will come good under AVB. I really hope so too - its just that I cant see any green shoots to base that optimism on at the moment. I know we have key players out and havent yet fully assembled the squad AVB wants, but the simple things still seem to be missing imv that is what is worrying me and the others who have already lost patience with his methods.

I think that whatever the results, AVB is likely to be our manager over the next year and a half at least so we all need to get behind him and really hope he is a quick learner.

This is the truth.

Self fulfilling prophecy otherwise

MONSTROUS OWNAGE!

Ta ta

Leeds show me where that indicates any clear cut chances please?

wait wait just so we're clear on this. Is your opinion that we created lots of clear cut chances vs WBA, Norwich, Wigan and QPR? and if so how many clear cut chances would you say we created?

Agree with this. I just hope this is the rough patch for him and he's able to ride the storm. The main worry for me remains man management. He can only ride through a rough patch if he's got the players with him. That obviously disappeared at Chelsea last season. If he can't do that then all the talk of his tactics and team selection become academic. Any ability he does have will count for nought. Juande Ramos knows all about that and he is/was a far more experienced and successful coach than AVB.

I think this thread really shows how extreme (and sensitive tbh) certain people can be when their favoured manager is criticised a little.

Harry has many faults and like i said i personally wanted him gone in the end but don't rewrite history to prove your point. Don't downgrade what he achieved with us and the success he brought us because that's undeniable imo. He cared more for himself than the club in the end (maybe in the beginning who knows?) but we achieved a lot of great things with him as our manager. Why people feel the need to jump on every pro Redknapp post is really beyond me.

Same with the AVB thing. i didn't want him at the beginning but i admit he's done good things and needs time but saying we've played poorly at home and created a very very low amount of clear cut chances overall is fact. Ok fair enough i said "around 1 clear cut chance" in those 4 games but does the fact that it might be 2 or 3 chances really disprove the overall point? it's just petiness that really doesn't prove anything. How i can be accused of not admitting i'm wrong when i was the most vocal anti AVB poster before he was here and how i've continuously defending him now is beyond me BUT i will not blindly defend him like some. He has faults like everyone does and he's done things wrong which he needs to fix. Does he need time? yes of course he does but these bogus comparisons to make it seem like AVB is so so much better is pretty desperate.

I think this thread really shows how extreme (and sensitive tbh) certain people can be when their favoured manager is criticised a little.

Harry has many faults and like i said i personally wanted him gone in the end but don't rewrite history to prove your point. Don't downgrade what he achieved with us and the success he brought us because that's undeniable imo. He cared more for himself than the club in the end (maybe in the beginning who knows?) but we achieved a lot of great things with him as our manager. Why people feel the need to jump on every pro Redknapp post is really beyond me.

Same with the AVB thing. i didn't want him at the beginning but i admit he's done good things and needs time but saying we've played poorly at home and created a very very low amount of clear cut chances overall is fact. Ok fair enough i said "around 1 clear cut chance" in those 4 games but does the fact that it might be 2 or 3 chances really disprove the overall point? it's just petiness that really doesn't prove anything. How i can be accused of not admitting i'm wrong when i was the most vocal anti AVB poster before he was here and how i've continuously defending him now is beyond me BUT i will not blindly defend him like some. He has faults like everyone does and he's done things wrong which he needs to fix. Does he need time? yes of course he does but these bogus comparisons to make it seem like AVB is so so much better is pretty desperate.

Great post.
I think a lot of people can see everything going tits up if the fans start getting on AVB's back. There is a huge potential for this to happen after the booing incidents already this season. I think some of the defend-AVB-at-all-cost people see it as their personal mission to stem the anti AVB tide "to help the club".

Which is kind of fair enough in a way as well, I know everyone says "it's only message board, it's not like I'm slagging off the player or manager to his face" etc. but seeds of dissatisfaction can absolutely find their way from the boards to the ground itself and that would certainly not be helpful to any situation.

I'm firmly in the camp of; what I've seen so far isn't pretty but we've picked up some decent results with a squad / team that's almost unrecognisable from last year. So willing to give AVB some time to implement ideas and get the players he wants, (Moutinho would I'm sure have made a HUGE difference).

You "presented numerous numbers" showing the amount of shots we've had. Can you now point me to the stats you presented that countered my argument of "Clear cut chances" please?

I don't think you understand what "clear cut chances" actually means do you? i mean you seem to have the belief that dembele's goal vs Norwich was a clear cut chance so i think this will be very difficult.

Prove my numbers wrong by presenting counter-stats - as I've already requested in my previous post.

Until then - the balance is against you.

You said yourself - no opinion as FACT - practice what you preach

Anyway - you argument was we don't create chances and fail to look like scoring - which is (as shown in the many different links I posted along with the actual watching of games) completely untrue - in the 4 games you referenced initially. You clear cuts chances is a bit of a strawman, tbh.

Prove my numbers wrong by presenting counter-stats - as I've already requested in my previous post.

Until then - the balance is against you.

You said yourself - no opinion as FACT - practice what you preach

Anyway - you argument was we don't create chances and fail to look like scoring - which is (as shown in the many different links I posted along with the actual watching of games) completely untrue - in the 4 games you referenced initially. You clear cuts chances is a bit of a strawman, tbh.

Please don't tell me what my argument was. My 'argument' was exactly what i said it was which was that we didn't create clear cut chances. Everyone that replied to it saw it as that but you're seeing it as something else which is up to you but please don't tell what my argument is ESPECIALLY when i've made it crystal clear.

I'm not even that annoyed that we lost to Emirates Marketing Project as many others have pointed out, it was expected, even though we conceded yet another late goal. It's the performances that concern me.

I understand people wanting to give him time, I include myself in this, he deserves a season at least. But can people explain to me what they've seen in our performances to indicate that AVB has learnt from his mistakes at Chelsea and that he isn't too stubborn to change the system every now and then? You should pick the formation to suit the players for the most part, not the other way round. Am I missing something? Bar the United game, results have been ok, not great, but the performances have been dire in all but 2 or 3 games. We spent the entire first half against Wigan passing the ball along the back four.

Like I said earlier, I hope he learns from his mistakes and realises that Spurs are at their best when we attack. Stop playing 1 striker at home to teams like Wigan, West Brom etc.

I will say in his defence that he's had bad luck with injuries and we desperately need a striker in the next window, but we've been saying this since Berbatov left! Levy has got to stop fudging around when it comes to buying players and just get deals done earlier because we always leave it till the last minute and we pay the price EVERY SEASON and get off to a slow start. When your going for the top 4, you simply can't be giving your rivals a head start every year, remember we finished 1 point behind the scum, every point counts.

To a larger extent it is unrelated but it is definitely related to a degree. If we treat one or two of our Managers inappropriately then we have to expect that what goes around will eventually come around. So we cant sit here and act all high and mighty.

Lets not go there though

How did we treat Arry 'inappropriately' prior to Capello resigning in order to deserve that? 4m/year and the once in a life time opportunity to manage a team not fighting for relegation (we were never going down - plus I'm referring to season objectives)

Last edited:
Back