• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Not true - let's get the timeline straight here

It was 17 league games from the City loss, not 20 - but that's not entirely correct either

It was 13 league games - starting from after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game and the time Capello resigned

5 losses
4 draws
4 wins

1.23 points per game - 46 points over the whole season

Prior to the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game (including)

25 games

4 losses
5 draws
16 wins

2.12 points per game - 81 points over the whole season

Thanks....so we would have finished 13th over the whole season with that form!

Plus the Wembley embarrassment.......but none of that happened obviously!

Anyway - this is looking back not forward.

AVB has my full backing regardless of what happens this weekend or this season!

yes exactly like i thought it was (guess Mulletperm wasn't the only one with the selective history).

Louis Saha's brace helped Tottenham demolish Saudi Sportswashing Machine and cap a tumultuous week for Spurs manager Harry Redknapp.
Emmanuel Adebayor played a part in all four first-half goals, squaring for Benoit Assou-Ekotto to tap in before crossing for Saha's opening volley.
The Togolese touched off a Luka Modric pass for Saha to make it 3-0 from 12 yards before Niko Kranjcar side-footed in after Adebayor's effort was saved.
Adebayor did get his goal though, volleying in the fifth after the break.
The opening 45 minutes were just what Redknapp would have wanted from his side given the extraordinary last few days he has endured.
Cleared of tax evasion charges on Wednesday , the 64-year-old remained in the spotlight for the rest of the week as the leading candidate to succeed Fabio Capello as England manager following the Italian's resignation .
Play media

No England approach - Redknapp
It was a blistering opening by Tottenham, whose fans were still affectionately singing Redknapp's name when Adebayor exchanged passes with Gareth Bale on the edge of the box and set up the unmarked Assou-Ekotto for the simplest of tap-ins at the back post.
Redknapp had barely retaken his seat before he was up celebrating again after January signing Saha darted into the box and volleyed Adebayor's right-wing cross past Saudi Sportswashing Machine keeper Tim Krul from 10 yards to make it 2-0.
And Saha, who scored two goals in 20 games for Everton this season prior to his move to north London, made it two in 20 minutes at White Hart Lane for Spurs with another cool finish.
Assou-Ekotto started the move with a precise pass into Luka Modric who skipped into the box before finding Adebayor who in turn nudged the ball into the path of Saha and the striker nonchalantly side-footed in.
A shell-shocked Saudi Sportswashing Machine did not help themselves with numerous passes going astray and even when they did manage to forage forward, luck was against them - Demba Ba tested Spurs keeper Brad Friedel with a 20-yard free-kick but referee Andre Marriner missed the American's fingertip save and gave a goal-kick.
Tottenham looked likely to score every time they ventured over the halfway line and the fourth came after just 34 minutes when Kranjcar, who had earlier blasted an 18-yard effort over the bar, rolled in his first goal of the season from 15 yards after Krul kept out Adebayor's low shot.
Play media

Pardew admits Saudi Sportswashing Machine tactics were wrong against Tottenham
Almost one year ago to the day, Saudi Sportswashing Machine fought back from 4-0 down to draw 4-4 with Arsenal at St James' Park but any half-time thoughts the travelling Toon Army may have had or a repeat showing were expunged when Adebayor scored a goal his performance so richly deserved with 25 minutes remaining.
The striker swivelled and volleyed on the turn after Saha had flicked on Assou-Ekotto's cross.
It proved to be Saha's last meaningful contribution as Redknapp replaced him and Bale with Aaron Lennon and Jermain Defoe, both of whom wreaked more havoc with their pace.
However, it was Saudi Sportswashing Machine who should have scored the sixth goal of the game. Danny Guthrie's teasing ball into box was met by Ba but his powerful header was well saved by Friedel and, with the goal at his mercy, Dan Gosling scooped the rebound over the bar.
Adebayor fired inches wide and cleared the crossbar with another effort while Krul kept out a fiercely struck Modric effort as Tottenham pressed to the end.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16884811

We would have finished top with our first half of the season form

but the stats are wrong though? they're selective stats that are factually wrong?

Success THUS FAR

We have managed 1.54 points per game which is more than what Arry the Innocent did during his England speculation months

Apart from Dempsey - most other summer purchases have done well, all things considered. Do you disagree? Sigurdsson has hardly played so I'd have him in the limbo zone - 50/50

Last edited:

Wembley was the final blow - FOUND OUT for the tactical mastermind colossus that he truly was. Those qunts wiped the floor with us.

1 trophy in 30 years. Some good games in the Championship. Pompey now practically extinct as a club. Signing for rivals. Do me a favour

He tried to play a weak hand and Levy did him back. LIKE A BOSS

Last edited:
We have manaded 1.54 points per game which is more than what Arry the Innocent did during his England speculation months

Apart from Dempsey - most other summer purchases have done well, all things considered. Do you disagree? Sigurdsson has hardly played so I'd have him in the limbo zone - 50/50

I hate Sig and Dempsey and dont think we should have ever brought them (and please dont start insinuating that I am not a real fan and I boo and I dont support them etc etc etc). They do not fit in with AVBs system in my opinion and Sig was brought before AVB. The same could be said of Lloris who I dont think AVB wanted. Dembele? I am pretty sure AVB wanted Moutinho. Verts? I dont think that was AVBs purchase but glad we got him - the same with Dembele.

All in all we did not wait till AVB came in and he brought the players. 60m is a fair bit of money and if AVB wanted players we could have afforded them - afterall we tinkled 14 - 25m on two or three players that are blatantly not AVBs.

Welbley was the final blow - FOUND OUT for the tactical mastermind colossus that he truly was.

1 trophy in 30 years. Some good games in the Championship. Pompey now practically extinct as a club. Siging for rivals Do me a favour

I don't buy that it was Harry's fault. Every single Manager is going to want to spend money and buy players, it's the chairman's decision as to whether or not they can afford it.

It takes a weak chairman to let the manager overspend.

I hate Sig and Dempsey and dont think we should have ever brought them (and please dont start insinuating that I am not a real fan and I boo and I dont support them etc etc etc). They do not fit in with AVBs system in my opinion and Sig was brought before AVB. The same could be said of Lloris who I dont think AVB wanted. Dembele? I am pretty sure AVB wanted Moutinho. Verts? I dont think that was AVBs purchase but glad we got him - the same with Dembele.

All in all we did not wait till AVB came in and he brought the players. 60m is a fair bit of money and if AVB wanted players we could have afforded them - afterall we tinkled 14 - 25m on two or three players that are blatantly not AVBs.

Well, that's the spirit, mate.

Also how did you reach the conclusion those weren't AVB's players? Because someone gave an interview back in August we weren't in for a kepeer? :lol: Yes, because our current one is nearly 42 fudging years old soon and about to draw his pension - hmmmm, no - we shouldn't be after a kepper, really, should we? Come, on.

Sigurdsson is very young and holds respectable potential to fit an important role - I have no idea why you hate him, tbh. Demspey is a grafter who can chip in here and there - a safe bet all in all.

Lloris and Dembele are top class signings and would have fitted into any (and I mean any) PL club including Utd, City and Chelsea

Verts is a top player who we needed irrespective of the next manager - King retired and Gallas is 35 - we needed a quality CB so we managed to bring one in. He is the only one who signed prior to AVB but I'm dead certain CB would have been on his Christmas list anyway so hardly a forced signing?

Last edited:
Yep he needs time for sure but performance wise we should be performing much better. Forget results as i think with time that will come but we should be playing better so it gives us something solid to build on. Against Norwich, WBA, Qpr and Wigan at home we created around 1 clear cut chance in those 4 games which is absolutley unacceptable.

What a bizarre, inaccurate and impossible statement.

Wembley was the final blow - FOUND OUT for the tactical mastermind colossus that he truly was. Those qunts wiped the floor with us.

1 trophy in 30 years. Some good games in the Championship. Pompey now practically extinct as a club. Signing for rivals. Do me a favour

You-are-fired.jpg

I don't buy that it was Harry's fault. Every single Manager is going to want to spend money and buy players, it's the chairman's decision as to whether or not they can afford it.

It takes a weak chairman to let the manager overspend

Just noting these comments mate...

Levy stood up for us and the club against a threat

He is the club.

Support his decision, support the man

(his transfer strategy is on a different agenda, please :))

Good GHod, we can look back and find other examples easily... he nearly got found out at Burnley a couple of seasons earlier in the Carling Cup semi!!!!

Back