• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Though not fantastic, these are not the results of a team in rot or freefall. I'm sorry, they're really not.

22.1.12 Emirates Marketing Project - 3-2 Loss PL
27.1.12 Watford - 1-0 Win FA Cup
31.1.12 Wigan - 3-1 Win PL
6.2.12 Liverpool - 0-0 Draw PL
11.2.12 Saudi Sportswashing Machine - 5-0 Win PL
19.2.12 Stevenage - 0-0 Draw FA Cup
26.2.12 Arsenal - 2-5 Loss PL
4.3.12 Man Utd - 1-3 Loss PL
7.3.12 Stevenage - 3-1 Win FA Cup
10.3.12 Everton - 0-1 Loss PL
21.3.12 Stoke - 1-1 Draw PL
24.3.12 Chelsea - 0-0 Draw PL
27.3.12 Bolton - 3-1 Win FA Cup
1.4.12 Swansea - 3-1 Win PL
7.4.12 Sunderland - 0-0 Draw PL
9.4.12 Norwich - 1-2 Loss PL
15.4.12 Chelsea - 1-5 Loss FA Cup
21.4.12 QPR - 0-1 Loss PL
29.4.12 Blackburn - 2-0 Win PL
2.5.12 Bolton - 4-1 Win PL
6.5.12 Aston Villa - 1-1 Draw PL
13.5.12 Fulham - 2-0 Win PL

Oh and for the record I'm certainly looking to give AVB to settle etc. I just don't agree with the 'stop the rot' comment posted earlier.

hmmmmm nah even with the squad we currently have we shouldn't be getting tactically outsmarted by teams like Norwich, WBA and wigan who actually all probably deserved more then 1 point (yeh Wigan got 3 but the other 2 probably deserved 3 points themselves). It's tactics and player interactions thats the big problem but AVB has also done a lot of good things (Away we look dangerous).

It's been poor make no mistake, but there's been a big deal made, from the players especially, about being asked to perform different roles and asked to play a different style to the previous season, taking that and my 1st post in to account I'm just not going to be too critical just yet.

Performance wise you're right imo we still played well and was still creating chances but defensivly we started looking suspect. We had a few shockers (Gooners away, Norwich home being two incredibly poor performances) but in terms of performance we actually played better football in that apparent "free fall" period than we've done this whole season.

Defensively we did decline and lets all be honest here that coincided with the decline of the king. Did we not go for verts in January? So Harry was aware. The thing is he was aware of the issues of not scoring and not defending properly and wanted two or three players and instead we got two OAPs instead of Verts and a striker.

Mulletman

Again - not sure why you've started at the City game - Capello only resigned after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine one

Look at my points per game calculation - a very telling number, all things considered

It's been poor make no mistake, but there's been a big deal made, from the players especially, about being asked to perform different roles and asked to play a different style to the previous season, taking that and my 1st post in to account I'm just not going to be too critical just yet.

Ahh play different roles - maybe just maybe we should revert back to a formation and specific roles that the plays feel comfortable in. Until you get players in in the key positions to make the system work - you play the players in a system that WILL work

Ahh play different roles - maybe just maybe we should revert back to a formation and specific roles that the plays feel comfortable in. Until you get players in in the key positions to make the system work - you play the players in a system that WILL work

Run around a bit, you mean? ;)

I want our current manager to fully implement his vision and philopshy - not pick up old tabs and sloppy seconds. Player can adapt to many formations, they aren't exaclty departed.

His Porto of 2 years ago hardly had the best players in bar Hulk, Moutinho, Perreira and Falcao

Surely that will just mean it takes even longer for AVB's preferred style to be played?

Surely that will just mean it takes even longer for AVB's preferred style to be played?

Then we get back to Levy and AVBs choice of signings this summer and the question why we spent 60 odd million of which half were on players that didnt allow AVB (so far) to have the best chance possible of success. This thread has been all of us just going round in circles.

Then we get back to Levy and AVBs choice of signings this summer and the question why we spent 60 odd million of which half were on players that didnt allow AVB (so far) to have the best chance possible of success. This thread has been all of us just going round in circles.

I never knew the season finished after 11 games.

Bloody hell, time flies!

Though not fantastic, these are not the results of a team in rot or freefall. I'm sorry, they're really not.

22.1.12 Emirates Marketing Project - 3-2 Loss PL
27.1.12 Watford - 1-0 Win FA Cup
31.1.12 Wigan - 3-1 Win PL
6.2.12 Liverpool - 0-0 Draw PL
11.2.12 Saudi Sportswashing Machine - 5-0 Win PL
19.2.12 Stevenage - 0-0 Draw FA Cup
26.2.12 Arsenal - 2-5 Loss PL
4.3.12 Man Utd - 1-3 Loss PL
7.3.12 Stevenage - 3-1 Win FA Cup
10.3.12 Everton - 0-1 Loss PL
21.3.12 Stoke - 1-1 Draw PL
24.3.12 Chelsea - 0-0 Draw PL
27.3.12 Bolton - 3-1 Win FA Cup
1.4.12 Swansea - 3-1 Win PL
7.4.12 Sunderland - 0-0 Draw PL
9.4.12 Norwich - 1-2 Loss PL
15.4.12 Chelsea - 1-5 Loss FA Cup
21.4.12 QPR - 0-1 Loss PL
29.4.12 Blackburn - 2-0 Win PL
2.5.12 Bolton - 4-1 Win PL
6.5.12 Aston Villa - 1-1 Draw PL
13.5.12 Fulham - 2-0 Win PL

They are if you want to be a top four team.

Yep he needs time for sure but performance wise we should be performing much better. Forget results as i think with time that will come but we should be playing better so it gives us something solid to build on. Against Norwich, WBA, Qpr and Wigan at home we created around 1 clear cut chance in those 4 games which is absolutley unacceptable.

Wait wait wait. The Redknapp talk happened BEFORE the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game didn't it? i swear that match was live on ESPN and they were talking about it throughout the game?

Back