• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Patronising drivel.

I'd say El Tel was spot on actually. We certainly didn't take Arsenal to the sword in the North London Cup Final 91 by retreating into our shells and saying to ourselelves "We better not attack, it might make them angry!!!"

As for all this nonsense about playing two strikers as some kind of charge of the light phalanx it's hardly the stuff of Ossie's five man attack. AVB could easily play4-5-1 and leave Adabeyor to roam as the link between midfield and attack.

Give me strength. Anyone could see that Dempsey was offering nothing. He began with nothing and faded. Anyone with half an ounce of footballing sense could see that.

The problem today was our inability to keep the ball. Blaming injuries is missing the point. We had a very good starting XI out there today, one that should be capable of passing the ball and retaining possession far far better than it did. City were poor, they also struggled and were too direct. Credit to AVB for squeezing the play which caused them to bypass midfield. But by doing that we stopped keeping the ball as well. If we are going to apply that tactic we need to ensure that when we win the ball there is enough room in midfield for us to maintain steady possession.

The problem today was our inability to keep the ball. Blaming injuries is missing the point. We had a very good starting XI out there today, one that should be capable of passing the ball and retaining possession far far better than it did. City were poor, they also struggled and were too direct. Credit to AVB for squeezing the play which caused them to bypass midfield. But by doing that we stopped keeping the ball as well. If we are going to apply that tactic we need to ensure that when we win the ball there is enough room in midfield for us to maintain steady possession.

People used to have a go at Parkers and Jenas' of this world for doing 'silly' twirls etc but ultimately they kept the ball. Sideways passing? they kept the ball.

All this delusional talking about getting players in Jan. You do realise that by then it will be too late and 4th will be too far gone.

Unfortunately I think you are correct on this. We could do with a few key players back from injury. Any one of Benny, Dembele, Kaboul and even Parker would improve us now.

I'd say El Tel was spot on actually. We certainly didn't take Arsenal to the sword in the North London Cup Final 91 by retreating into our shells and saying to ourselelves "We better not attack, it might make them angry!!!"

As for all this nonsense about playing two strikers as some kind of charge of the light phalanx it's hardly the stuff of Ossie's five man attack. AVB could easily play4-5-1 and leave Adabeyor to roam as the link between midfield and attack.

Give me strength. Anyone could see that Dempsey was offering nothing. He began with nothing and faded. Anyone with half an ounce of footballing sense could see that.

Totally agree! He is clueless, his biggest fault being he cant read a game and therefore cant make the right changes

People used to have a go at Parkers and Jenas' of this world for doing 'silly' twirls etc but ultimately they kept the ball. Sideways passing? they kept the ball.

Indeed they did. I liked and rated Jenas and I think we're massively missing Parker's influence right now.

Hope he picks Defoe for the NLD. Adebayor didn't look right when we played them at their place last season. It's almost like he's embarrassed after that celebration he did to their fans when he was at Emirates Marketing Project.

I want 442 at home. It's my preferred formation. But away at Emirates Marketing Project? Nah

This. I really can't see how people really expected us to go gung-ho away at City. When was the last time they lost at home again??

Also, even Man Utd, generally regarded as the most attacking team for years in the prem generally, go to City and play with caution.

I want to see us attack and beat temas likke City as the next supporter but people need to get a grip and get back some perspective.

However, at home it has to be said we have been often too cautious/boring. This is what really has to change, not so much how we set-up today away at the Champions.

This. I really can't see how people really expected us to go gung-ho away at City. When was the last time they lost at home again??

Also, even Man Utd, generally regarded as the most attacking team for years in the prem generally, go to City and play with caution.

I want to see us attack and beat temas likke City as the next supporter but people need to get a grip and get back some perspective.

However, at home it has to be said we have been often too cautious/boring. This is what really has to change, not so much how we set-up today away at the Champions.

Man Utd away last year another example.

And they being a £25 million striker off the bench when thins are getting tight.

do you remember the 3-2 win at the scumerates?????????

Oh yes I do, what a result for us. But Arsenal's jeely-belly cannot be used as a template for how we approach other away games against top teams. That game was a fairy-tale one-off and if we're honest if we allowed ourselves to go 2-0 down at half-time against most of the teams usually in the top 3 or 4 places in the PL we will most likely get beaten. Well beaten.

We cannot go into any games away against top side and think 'it'll be fine if we go 2-0 down because we'll storm back'. We are not Man Utd...yet....

Hope he picks Defoe for the NLD. Adebayor didn't look right when we played them at their place last season. It's almost like he's embarrassed after that celebration he did to their fans when he was at Emirates Marketing Project.

Really??? I thought he looked well up for it, played a blinder with the scraps he had in the first half. I also remembering him having a twitter war with loads of Gooners befiore the game as well. He was up for it alright; problem was he was soon very very isolated.

All this delusional talking about getting players in Jan. You do realise that by then it will be too late and 4th will be too far gone.

Was it also delusional talk last Jan. and the one before that when we were in the top 4 and still failed to bring in quality players?

Two things to say really, Dempsey is brick and we desperately need a leader, yet another so near performance, we are too negative.

3 points off 4th, a point ahead of the team we expected to be our main contender for 4th - scum down the road.

We have played 11 games and in those faced all the top 3 teams, won't get easy, but it won't get much harder either.

Our stats with and without Dembele are quite telling and hopefully his return will bring with it some improved results.

Back