• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

look, il lay my cards on the table....id rather we just 'went for it'. Its my preference, if we lose id never come on here and say the manager should have shut up shop or been more cautious. I like passing football, i like teams that play open football which creates chances. I prefer 2 up front. Its just the way i like football to be played so i can promise that you'll never see me criticizing a manager for being brave enough to go for it, no matter who is the opposition. Sure we might lose a few, but im sure we will win too with these tactics

thats my view anyway

Ok, fair enough. However, we can't just 'turn up and have a go' just like that. Can I ask would you be having us have this approach and being just mid-table?

Can I also ask out of interest, did you like our 5-2 capitulation at the Emirates last season?

I just hope come Jan 2013 we actually bring in players that AVB wants

I think more importantly that by Jan, AVB and the board have come up with a list of players that he feels will be useful, but are also financially viable and attainable. Basically, for every Moutinho and Willian, there have to be alternatives, even if that means bringing in older players on short term contracts, as it seems we tried to do again with Klose. If not then the coach must accept that his goals haven't changed and he'll have to achieve them with what he's got.

Any head coach of SPurs who complains about not getting certain players, which AVB hasn't, obviously isn't the most observant of fellows and perhaps should have made themselves more aware of the conditions found when working at Spurs, before agreeing to take the job and accepting the goals set by Levy. Any manager of Spurs, or pretty much any club outside of the top 3, needs to be adaptable and often get the best out of what is currently there. If they can't do that, then the Prem isn't the place for them. This is even more true of those taking positions of Head Coach, rather than manager.

I dont know about AVB at this stage. He seems content with trying to snatch undeserved victories and hold on to 1-0's and never ever succeeding. Someone needs to remind him of the club motto and who we are. We are not pragmatic, we are frigging exciting and we go for the balls and quite often we concede but dam it we excite!!!!

(We want our Tottenham back!)

Positive notes:

We have several first team players out injured.

Vertongen isnt a left back (he WILL be a beast when back in central defence), alongside a fit again Kaboul and that already sounds comforting.

We went 5 mins from taking a point against PL champions with a very good home record.

Still 3 pts off 4th, no stand out 4th place team this year.

Chelsea dropping points.

Surley AVB will be abe to get at least one of his preferred choices in Jan.

Negative:

How long will Loris be quiet sitting on the Bench?

What has happened to Walker, absolutely shocking so far this season.

West Ham above us.

We should really take down the "To dare is to do" signs around our stadium or at least edit it to include "in certain situations or at home".

Yes, because all the top teams always play gung-ho in all their games like Barcelona.

Did you like our 5-2 capitulation at the Emirates last year btw? We cetainly 'dared to do' then...jeez...

I dont know about AVB at this stage. He seems content with trying to snatch undeserved victories and hold on to 1-0's and never ever succeeding. Someone needs to remind him of the club motto and who we are. We are not pragmatic, we are frigging exciting and we go for the balls and quite often we concede but dam it we excite!!!!

He certainly needs to be more attack-minded; but when all the 'weapons' are fit and available is when he can be judged more fully in this regard

oh stop it, dont you know we lost 2-5 to Arse last season

Ok, fair enough. However, we can't just 'turn up and have a go' just like that. Can I ask would you be having us have this approach and being just mid-table?

Can I also ask out of interest, did you like our 5-2 capitulation at the Emirates last season?

do you remember the 3-2 win at the scumerates?????????

One other thing, I have made it clear that I like playing 2 strikers and I stand by that.

But if we are playing an extra body in midfield and it is Dembele and not Dempsey I can accept it because Dembele gives us so much quality. Because in my opinion Dempsey is so poor at the moment there is just no way I could select him ahead of Defoe

look, il lay my cards on the table....id rather we just 'went for it'. Its my preference, if we lose id never come on here and say the manager should have shut up shop or been more cautious. I like passing football, i like teams that play open football which creates chances. I prefer 2 up front. Its just the way i like football to be played so i can promise that you'll never see me criticizing a manager for being brave enough to go for it, no matter who is the opposition. Sure we might lose a few, but im sure we will win too with these tactics

thats my view anyway

I agree, this is the Spurs most of us love and have stuck by even during the darker times. I would always hope we go in to games trying to win and trying to win with style, this is what sets us apart from other teams.

To be fair City are financially doped, so I understand its hard to criticise on this case.

Yes, because all the top teams always play gung-ho in all their games like Barcelona.

Did you like our 5-2 capitulation at the Emirates last year btw? We cetainly 'dared to do' then...jeez...

You mean how we conceded 3 in the second half playing 5 in midfield, people have been quoting that match as if we played 442 for 90 minutes

Last edited:

thats my view anyway

It's also the philosophy that is the cornerstone of our football club. Terry Venables didn't enter White Hart Lane saying "There's something magical about this club" because we have a history of playing football like a castrated Wimbledon or neutered George Graham era Arsenal.

The fact that we went 2-0 up in that game proves that you can get rewards for being positive, the problem wasnt the formation it was a lack of courage/quality/confidence by our players to hold on to the ball under pressure. 442 is hardly gung-ho to be fair.

At half time it was 2:2 and that was when we took off a striker. It was in the second half that we went to 451 that we conceded another 3 goals

yeah i know, but it doesnt make any difference to those now stricken by fear because of that result.

It's also the philosophy that is the cornerstone of our football club. Terry Venables didn't enter White Hart Lane saying "There's something magical about this club" because we have a history of playing football like a castrated Wimbledon or neutered George Graham era Arsenal.

Patronising drivel.

One other thing, I have made it clear that I like playing 2 strikers and I stand by that.

But if we are playing an extra body in midfield and it is Dembele and not Dempsey I can accept it because Dembele gives us so much quality. Because in my opinion Dempsey is so poor at the moment there is just no way I could select him ahead of Defoe

I want 442 at home. It's my preferred formation. But away at Emirates Marketing Project? Nah

All this delusional talking about getting players in Jan. You do realise that by then it will be too late and 4th will be too far gone.

Back