• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Not precisely at all. Sat at home chatting gonads here whilst 3000 of us support the team. We saw what happened last year at the lane when you try an tear into this lot. Good structure and controlled possession is the order if the day. AVB knows more about the game in him left gonad than you lot.

Exactly, some people have short memories. Wonder what they said at that time; sahme the board history doesn't go back that far since the two enforced re-inventions

Those teams all had rock solid defences, not something we can boast of at the moment

Did you see the post I quoted and replied to?

I don't think you understood my point if this is your reply.

ok ok, i see everything is hunky dory atm.

roll on to the Emirates

Yeah, supporting that 4-2-3-1 with Dempsey was a better choice than 4-4-2 with Defoe for the game today means that my opinion is that everything is hunky dory at the moment...

I do agree about rolling on the Emirates. Onwards and upwards.

They were going mad saying we were wide open. Silva is deadly. Tevez, Aguero, Toure, all class. Emirates Marketing Project are far far far better than us. Without Dembele and a creative force such as Modric (not AVBs fault) we are lacking and under strength.

Err..you can say all you want about Ajax failing to win CL games in what is a strong actual CHAMPIONS league group. When was the last time we palyed in the champions league regularly? Until we can say that about ourselves it's ridiculously snobby to compare ourselves - a team who regularly flop when the going gets tough, did you not see what happened to our 3rd place last year - to a team like Ajax who might not have our money or 'stars' but have the trophies and recent experience.

No i think some people should lie down...

COYS

Imagine what IndianSpur and Naijaspurs would be saying if we played a 4-4-2 with Ade alongside Defoe and Sandro and Hudd in the middle and losing 4 or 5-1, after being dominated and outnumbered in the middle of the field.

I'm sure they'd think it was great that we just 'went for it'...

If only matches were just 45 minutes long. Suffice to say I think we scored via a set piece against the run of play while in the second half we were holding on for dear life and offered nothing in return.

I really wonder whether Bale and Lennon were knackered. Have heard that they were invisible in the 2nd half. We play like that next week, we'll get battered i think

Imagine what IndianSpur and Naijaspurs would be saying if we played a 4-4-2 with Ade alongside Defoe and Sandro and Hudd in the middle and losing 4 or 5-1, after being dominated and outnumbered in the middle of the field.

And imagine what you would have said if we played Defoe and Ade upfront and we secured something from the match. I guess we disagree because unlike you I think Dempsey who was the extra man in midfield gave us nothing.

But hey ho, an away loss is an away loss

look, il lay my cards on the table....id rather we just 'went for it'. Its my preference, if we lose id never come on here and say the manager should have shut up shop or been more cautious. I like passing football, i like teams that play open football which creates chances. I prefer 2 up front. Its just the way i like football to be played so i can promise that you'll never see me criticizing a manager for being brave enough to go for it, no matter who is the opposition. Sure we might lose a few, but im sure we will win too with these tactics

thats my view anyway

And imagine what you would have said if we played Defoe and Ade upfront and we secured something from the match. I guess we disagree because unlike you I think Dempsey who was the extra man in midfield gave us nothing.

Who said I thought Dempsey was good today (or most of our games so far)? But you have to play percentages, especially when you go away to the big guns with our injuries.

Gutted with the loss, and so late

look, il lay my cards on the table....id rather we just 'went for it'. Its my preference, if we lose id never come on here and say the manager should have shut up shop or been more cautious. I like passing football, i like teams that play open football which creates chances. I prefer 2 up front. Its just the way i like football to be played so i can promise that you'll never see me criticizing a manager for being brave enough to go for it, no matter who is the opposition. Sure we might lose a few, but im sure we will win too with these tactics

thats my view anyway

Dude I like the cut of your jibe, I can relate to that

We should really take down the "To dare is to do" signs around our stadium or at least edit it to include "in certain situations or at home".

If only matches were just 45 minutes long. Suffice to say I think we scored via a set piece against the run of play while in the second half we were holding on for dear life and offered nothing in return.

So that's a no then?

Against the run of play perhaps, but City weren't creating a ton of chances. We kept it tight and close, not bad in the circumstances I though.

They did put a lot of pressure on us in the second half, not that surprising really and I think they would have regardless of formation.

Who said I thought Dempsey was good today (or most of our games so far)? But you have to play percentages, especially when you go away to the big guns with our injuries.

Gutted with the loss, and so late

I hear you, I just think Dempsey gave us nothing in midfield and I would rather have had Defoe up top instead

We came pretty close to securing something playing the formation AVB did choose.

What would you have said if did secure a 1-1 in the end? Would it have changed your opinion on the team selection at all?

So that's a no then?

Against the run of play perhaps, but City weren't creating a ton of chances. We kept it tight and close, not bad in the circumstances I though.

They did put a lot of pressure on us in the second half, not that surprising really and I think they would have regardless of formation.

We relying on the offside flag, and we were lucky some of those decisions were wrong. I thought we did get sliced open a number of times but were saved by the flag.

Personally I always worry when we play like we never ever look like like scoring in open play

We came pretty close to securing something playing the formation AVB did choose.

What would you have said if did secure a 1-1 in the end? Would it have changed your opinion on the team selection at all?

Hindsight is 20/20. Personally I still wanted Defoe to come on at 1:1 because they looked like the only team that would score.

Back