• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

I think the point of many people (me included) is that we played 5 in midfield and did get overrun so we might as well have gone with 2 strikers and caused them problems. And I am not saying this after the event I thought this before the match, especially after seeing Defoe looking lively on Thursday. Defoe seems to be our form striker so I would have played him alongside Ade

Did we get overrun in the first half?

You're comparing Tottenham Hotspur to Ajax champions of Holland? Who have played how many CL games? Who have how many CL trophies compared to us??

I think you might need to have a lie down...

:ross:

yeah, i must have missed Sneijder, VDV, Cruyff, Van Basten, Bergkamp et al turning it on for super experienced CL Ajax in midweek

yep, il take a nap

No going into games AWAY against the CURRENT LEAGUE CHAMPIONS in a solid way is what most teams who are not stupid would try and do. Only those who are actually challenging them at the time might feel able to do this. Hell, Manure last season didn't exactly storm them in their game near the end of the season,

I don't see how approaching the game in a solid fashion is automatically 'setting yourself up for failure'

since when did we turn into Sunderland?

You're comparing Tottenham Hotspur to Ajax champions of Holland? Who have played how many CL games? Who have how many CL trophies compared to us??

I think you might need to have a lie down...

I think he was talking about an Ajax team who have failed to get a win in their last 6 games and who are currently 4th in their league, a league not as strong as this one. And despite all their CL games remind me the last time they got out of the group stage. Maybe someone else should go and lie down 8-[

I think he was talking about an Ajax team who have failed to get a win in their last 6 games and who are currently 4th in their league, a league not as strong as this one. And despite all their CL games remind me the last time they got out of the group stage. Maybe someone else should go and lie down 8-[

precisely =D>

Walker was injured.
442 away from home against Emirates Marketing Project isn't the solution.
We were already being overrun as it was.
We simply didn't have the personnel against a full strength City side to pull out a result today.

What nonsense. Swansea have a far inferior team but still managed to play the game with fluidity on the counter.

Ajax got the better of City over two games and so has every other team in their group. They looked ordinary against West Ham and lifeless against us.

We decided from early in the second half that all we were interested in doing was clinging on for dear life. Trying to run down the clock in the corner flag at 49 minutes.

We never even managed to keep any meaningful possession at all so what did we have to lose by going for broke other than losing the "boring, boring Boas" tag that fits around our neck quite nicely right now.

Any Championship side would have been mortified with that performance. As a Spurs fan it was shocking. Against Chelsea fair enough, we had a go and got caught on the break. It could have went either way.

Today the result was never in doubt. It was just a matter of time. if you can't see how awful this display was then you obviously have alot to learn about what it takes to get results.

Barricading a patched up team in your own half is throwing in the towel as far as we're concerned. It worked once against United but only just and that was only because we had a go first half and got rewarded with three goals.

Please name one game where AVB's negative tactics worked? Name one, I'll name 5 where they cost us dearly. For Spurs, attack is the best form of defence. We don't have a robust or organised enough squad to sit on games. It's a waste of our most potent attacking players.

Come on!

Inter under Mourinho winning CL.
United under Ferguson against most big teams picking hard working players like Park while dropping players that don't work hard (like Berba).
City last season when winning the league.
Any German side winning anything ever.
Chelsea winning the CL last season.

Yeah... Sunderland...

precisely =D>

Not precisely at all. Sat at home chatting gonads here whilst 3000 of us support the team. We saw what happened last year at the lane when you try an tear into this lot. Good structure and controlled possession is the order if the day. AVB knows more about the game in him left gonad than you lot.

Err..you can say all you want about Ajax failing to win CL games in what is a strong actual CHAMPIONS league group. When was the last time we palyed in the champions league regularly? Until we can say that about ourselves it's ridiculously snobby to compare ourselves - a team who regularly flop when the going gets tough, did you not see what happened to our 3rd place last year - to a team like Ajax who might not have our money or 'stars' but have the trophies and recent experience.

No i think some people should lie down...

Come on!

United under Ferguson against most big teams picking hard working players like Park while dropping players that don't work hard (like Berba).

Yeah... Sunderland...

Those teams all had rock solid defences, not something we can boast of at the moment

Come on!

Yeah... Sunderland...

ok ok, i see everything is hunky dory atm.

roll on to the Emirates

What nonsense. Swansea have a far inferior team but still managed to play the game with fluidity on the counter.

Ajax got the better of City over two games and so has every other team in their group. They looked ordinary against West Ham and lifeless against us.

We decided from early in the second half that all we were interested in doing was clinging on for dear life. Trying to run down the clock in the corner flag at 49 minutes.

We never even managed to keep any meaningful possession at all so what did we have to lose by going for broke other than losing the "boring, boring Boas" tag that fits around our neck quite nicely right now.

Any Championship side would have been mortified with that performance. As a Spurs fan it was shocking. Against Chelsea fair enough, we had a go and got caught on the break. It could have went either way.

Today the result was never in doubt. It was just a matter of time. if you can't see how awful this display was then you obviously have alot to learn about what it takes to get results.

Barricading a patched up team in your own half is throwing in the towel as far as we're concerned. It worked once against United but only just and that was only because we had a go first half and got rewarded with three goals.

Please name one game where AVB's negative tactics worked? Name one, I'll name 5 where they cost us dearly. For Spurs, attack is the best form of defence. We don't have a robust or organised enough squad to sit on games. It's a waste of our most potent attacking players.

Someone hasn't been taken their medication. Maybe slip some arsenic in the next dose eh pal.

We are being destroyed as a club by cranks like you!

Sigh, I'm not suggesting we do this every game FFS. But are Manure now Sunderland as well? They have done it enough times when they feel/know they can't directly match up well against good opposition away. In fact many times they've done this away against us even.

Jeeez

Off topic, but I'm still shocked that some people don't understand taking off VDV for Parker against Villa last season was an attacking substitution.

Back