• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Just saw on news that a Kennedy has come out and supported Trump.
Desperate for relevance and a cabinet job and the Dems told him to go fish so he has gone where his whacky conspiracy theories have a natural home.

His uncles and his dad were morally bankrupt but at keast did some good politically, this guy is just a lost soul totally bankrupt of character.

Desperate for relevance and a cabinet job and the Dems told him to go fish so he has gone where his whacky conspiracy theories have a natural home.

His uncles and his dad were morally bankrupt but at keast did some good politically, this guy is just a lost soul totally bankrupt of character.
Certainly the black sheep of the Kennedy clan.

Why do you think his dad was morally bankrupt? Bobby Kennedy seemed a decent skin.

Certainly the black sheep of the Kennedy clan.

Why do you think his dad was morally bankrupt? Bobby Kennedy seemed a decent skin.
Both him and JFK were shagging around, engaging with criminal families for political benefit etc.

Both did good stuff for civil rights and stuff politically.

Still can’t quite believe that Cheryl Hines (from Curb Your Enthusiasm) ever entertained marrying this whacko.

Both him and JFK were shagging around, engaging with criminal families for political benefit etc.

Both did good stuff for civil rights and stuff politically.
Ah. I knew his dad was a bootlegger but I thought Bobby Kennedy went after the mob. I must read a book on this. Any recommendations?

Some morals though if "Both did good stuff for civil rights and stuff politically."

Ah. I knew his dad was a bootlegger but I thought Bobby Kennedy went after the mob. I must read a book on this. Any recommendations?

Some morals though if "Both did good stuff for civil rights and stuff politically."
That's one way of looking at it, the other is that they went there for the votes and it was all a con and did the least amount possible to actually improve conditions.
Personally I think that's a tad harsh and very simplistic.
There's no doubt that it did improve and there was a lot of hurdles to get over and it would have been easy to to do less than he did, but there's also little doubt he was a very dubious character.

That's one way of looking at it, the other is that they went there for the votes and it was all a con and did the least amount possible to actually improve conditions.
Personally I think that's a tad harsh and very simplistic.
There's no doubt that it did improve and there was a lot of hurdles to get over and it would have been easy to to do less than he did, but there's also little doubt he was a very dubious character.

Yeah it's weird as most see the Kennedys as moving civil rights forward in US when it was LBJ who implemented the big social/political changes.

Read a lot on them a long time ago before Oliver Stone killed the whole Kennedy buzz for me. Can't remember what was Camelot rose tinted and what was more balanced.

With regards LBJ, from what I recall he built on the civil rights agenda of the JFK administration. Think JFK was pushing civil rights legislation in autumn 63 (after MLK Jr March) when he was killed and LBJ then got is through Congress and senate the next year with RFKs help in the justice department.

Read a lot on them a long time ago before Oliver Stone killed the whole Kennedy buzz for me. Can't remember what was Camelot rose tinted and what was more balanced.

With regards LBJ, from what I recall he built on the civil rights agenda of the JFK administration. Think JFK was pushing civil rights legislation in autumn 63 (after MLK Jr March) when he was killed and LBJ then got is through Congress and senate the next year with RFKs help in the justice department.

LBJ Made many more social changes in education, medical care and state benefits, just didn't have the 60's image or show biz of Kennedy's.

LBJ Made many more social changes in education, medical care and state benefits, just didn't have the 60's image or show biz of Kennedy's.
He was also the one behind JFK's assignation with the help of George Bush senior and Woody Harrelsons dad, both of whom were there at the time of the shooting.

He says some good stuff on food safety.

Digital trading cards at $99 each.

Buy 15 and get a real one in the mail with “an authentic piece” of the suit Trump wore for his debate with Joe Biden.

Buy 75 and you’ll be invited to join Trump “for a gala dinner” at his club in Jupiter, Florida.

This is not a donation drive for his campaign, every cent goes straight to Trump.

Back