• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I think a problem with politics everywhere is that it's much easier to talk about everything the other lot is doing wrong than come up with solutions and they never really get challenged on it by journalists.
Yes I agree, politicians are scared because there are no easy answers and Joe public doesn't want to hear that. Tell the truth and you are never going to win an election.

Yes I agree, politicians are scared because there are no easy answers and Joe public doesn't want to hear that. Tell the truth and you are never going to win an election.
USA is so indoctrinated to the American Dream and the lies of Reaganomics (that the rich are these benevolent benefactors who will allow their wealth to spill down and uplift everyone) that trying to maintain a counter-economic narrative is nigh on impossible.

America is an oligarchy not a democracy. It might have changed if bernie sanders was elected. But they'd have probably killed him. The dnc would prefer trump to win.

So now you have 2 different milkshakes, slightly different flavours. But they are just milk and sugar.

So enjoy the show. But remember it's a pantomime.

Do they ever discuss policies instead of how black they are, how American they are, or calling childish names etc?

Having lived and worked in the states for several years i will say this, it the best Country i have been too for traveling, scenery etc. However the political situation is totaly corrupt jesus they even had a president who used to be a actor and his biggest job was playing second fiddle to a monkey. :tearsofjoy:

I think this is what is making the current Harris charge so different. She is speaking truths without making anyone feel bricky, she is talking policy in a way that people can understand, and she is defining who Trump is with the perfect degree of disdain yet not suggesting that anyone who follows him should feel they are like him (and by proxy to be thought of with disdain). She is speaking to everyone and all corners of the country.

I would love to see a Trump v Harris debate, however I fear the former may be running scared. I truly think she would decimate him.

I think this is what is making the current Harris charge so different. She is speaking truths without making anyone feel bricky, she is talking policy in a way that people can understand, and she is defining who Trump is with the perfect degree of disdain yet not suggesting that anyone who follows him should feel they are like him (and by proxy to be thought of with disdain). She is speaking to everyone and all corners of the country.
That's encouraging.
I'm sure there are soft republican voters out there who are holding their nose and voting for trump or not voting because they can't vote for him and they are not going to be won over by insulting them.
If anything it just drives them away from you.

That's encouraging.
I'm sure there are soft republican voters out there who are holding their nose and voting for trump or not voting because they can't vote for him and they are not going to be won over by insulting them.
If anything it just drives them away from you.

It's always a big mistake to belittle people who don't share your political views, they're just people who don't see the world the way you do. My parents were working class Tories, they both worked for great bosses which allowed them to work their way out of poverty to reasonable affluence, I did not agree on many of their views and often had words but I knew they were decent people who believed you must work hard to get on without hand outs.

It's always a big mistake to belittle people who don't share your political views, they're just people who don't see the world the way you do. My parents were working class Tories, they both worked for great bosses which allowed them to work their way out of poverty to reasonable affluence, I did not agree on many of their views and often had words but I knew they were decent people who believed you must work hard to get on without hand outs.

Agreed.

In my opinion it is, indeed, what cost Hilary Clinton. Proportional rep killed her, and she simply disregarded the Republican states. In my life I absolutely try to hold that line, albeit it is becoming increasingly harder as the polarisation gets deeper/the game gets played harder. I have always drawn a stiff line at people who espouse any racist opinions. No tolerance there; maybe one conversation to see if someone has been brainwashed, but if not, we're done.

Sounds a bit like me and my dad, although he wasn't a tory he had some beliefs that I just couldn't bring myself to not challenge.
He's not a bad person and just because we don't see eye to eye on everything it doesn't mean we can't still get along.

I am optimistic yet also very concerned that there is one more dog whistle, or 'action-leading-to-outrage' to come from the GOP. They won't take this current situation sitting down, or even fighting fairly...

I am optimistic yet also very concerned that there is one more dog whistle, or 'action-leading-to-outrage' to come from the GOP. They won't take this current situation sitting down, or even fighting fairly...
I see Eric Trump is saying that Harris has “fake momentum” behind her, obviously preparing the ground again for more ‘Stop the steal’ b ollocks should it be needed by his mafia family.

I see Eric Trump is saying that Harris has “fake momentum” behind her, obviously preparing the ground again for more ‘Stop the steal’ b ollocks should it be needed by his mafia family.

That's a given. Victory (if it happens) will have been 'stolen'...whatever happens, we are already in a climate where the table of ugliness has been set.

I'm seeing some worrying reports of maga sympathetic election officials prepping a whole range of post election fudgery. We can only hope that this doesn't eventually land in the supreme court as we all know which side they will come down on.

On a positive note I also see reports the Trump may get indicted again next week for the fake electors scheme in Arizona. One of the fake electors has flipped. This will keep Trump in the news for all the wrong reasons.

I'm seeing some worrying reports of maga sympathetic election officials prepping a whole range of post election fudgery. We can only hope that this doesn't eventually land in the supreme court as we all know which side they will come down on.

On a positive note I also see reports the Trump may get indicted again next week for the fake electors scheme in Arizona. One of the fake electors has flipped. This will keep Trump in the news for all the wrong reasons.

I think we should absolutely expect it.
Whether we like it or not, there will be some form of civil war in the US. The Federal government will have to battle certain states which refuse to acknowledge the rule, and furthermore I believe there will absolutely be appeals lodged. I know you know but I am not sure many others acknowledge just how far along in the game the GOP got with regards to the supreme court stuff.

Yes, good if it happens but as of now, all legal challenges are the work of 'the crooked dems' and it is a giant conspiracy. I'm holding on for a tough end to this year mate, hoping that at the very least, Harris can win by enough to make the subsequent flimflam be seen for what it is.

Back