• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

For Black Lives Matter to have publicly responded in the way that they have, maybe they don't all immediately see what they have to benefit. Injecting more uncertainty into the Democrats process right now would not be good for them

Well out of the loop but whats BLM reputation like nowdays? I saw a few bits about members and funds being abused etc etc, I never took much hence asking here. Maybe like the THST they don't represent everyone but this is more a PR push of their own self importance as an organisation

For Black Lives Matter to have publicly responded in the way that they have, maybe they don't all immediately see what they have to benefit. Injecting more uncertainty into the Democrats process right now would not be good for them

There is going to be a lot of pushback from some corners on her record as DA. BLM's stance doesn't surprise me. Ironically, they have been an enemy of the right for a long time, so their public involvement here is (in the bigger picture) probably insignificant? Not that I'm an expert obviously!!!

I'm talking about the general populace not specific groups. I know Harris has her detractors, but anyone looking at 'the race' right now no longer sees two very old white men. That is a hard fact.

Well that's not good but early days I guess.

Different contexts.
End of 2020 everyone had actually seen the horror (which not enough saw in 2016).
The overall distrust among young voters is higher than ever IMO. She just needs to win, how she wins is irrelevant (I know we're in agreement BTW)...

Well out of the loop but whats BLM reputation like nowdays? I saw a few bits about members and funds being abused etc etc, I never took much hence asking here. Maybe like the THST they don't represent everyone but this is more a PR push of their own self importance as an organisation

Hard to argue with what they are saying, but they could have put it much better.
It's tone is confrontational where you would hope they could have taken a line of "C'mon we're better than this, let's not fall to their level".
Optics are everything and this looks like a split, even though it isn't.

Different contexts.
End of 2020 everyone had actually seen the horror (which not enough saw in 2016).
The overall distrust among young voters is higher than ever IMO. She just needs to win, how she wins is irrelevant (I know we're in agreement BTW)...
I am a little sceptical of polls like most are, but I have seen one today that more or less contradicts the one posted above i.e. Harris is polling better with the younger voters than Biden. It was taken directly after Harris got the nomination and it seems to me to reflect the groundswell of support that is building. The fundraising and voter registration numbers are in record breaking territory since she was nominated which bodes well. As you say wining the presidency is everything, but taking both houses is also important if you want to govern the country. Cooperation across the aisle is a thing of the past.

One thing that has sickened me to my core is the standing ovations given to that genocidal maniac Netanyahu by congress. Absolutely shameful. This manifest destiny type of flimflam is disgusting to hear in this day and age. The evil fudger should have been arrested, not applauded. I hope Harris has a different message on this subject and we hear it soon.

Last edited:
I am a little sceptical of polls like most are, but I have seen one today that more or less contradicts the one posted above i.e. Harris is polling better with the younger voters than Biden. It was taken directly after Harris got the nomination and it seems to me to reflect the groundswell of support that is building. The fundraising and voter registration numbers are in record breaking territory since she was nominated which bodes well. As you say wining the presidency is everything, but taking both houses is also important if you want to govern the country. Cooperation across the aisle is a thing of the past.

One thing that has sickened me to my core is the standing ovations given to that genocidal maniac Netanyahu by congress. Absolutely shameful. This manifest destiny type of flimflam is disgusting to hear in this day and age. The evil fudger should have been arrested, not applauded. I hope Harris has a different message on this subject and we hear it soon.
He is beyond rogue at this point. I did not watch any of it.

Harris tells Netanyahu 'it is time' to end war in Gaza https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cg3eppp0n57o

Yet there are still some who believe this is all a 'game'...he's never been shy about what he is, albeit this is a little more 'rogue' in terms of disclosure than usual for him. Between these sorts of deeper blurts of intent and that weirdo freak Vance as his wingman, he might just be blowing it. Here's hoping..:

Back