• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

By telling women whether they can or can't have abortions aren't you asserting control over them?

Abortion is one of many issues that I don't think anyone else other than the person experiencing it should have any say in, especially not governments and definitely not any religious group.
No, governments (made up of men and women) telling women they can choose to have an abortion is clearly giving women the choice. Telling them they cannot is taking that choice away.
You evey say that in your second paragraph.

Seems like Trump is such a megastar now he can do no wrong, he could kick a child and punch a woman and shoot a guy and pee on the floor and his supporters would scream "YEAAAAHHHH GO ON DON, GO ON, SHOW THE MAN YOU DON'T CARE" because that is really all his supporters want.
They want change from their miserable lives, they want to stick it to THE MAN.
They don't really care about policies, or even if their life will improve, they just want change and they see Donny as some blue collar champion that will tell it straight and smash up the elites.
Ironic.

No, governments (made up of men and women) telling women they can choose to have an abortion is clearly giving women the choice. Telling them they cannot is taking that choice away.
You evey say that in your second paragraph.

Yes, badly worded, I was on my way back from Edinburgh when I typed that, it doesn't make any sense does it 😊.

Seems like Trump is such a megastar now he can do no wrong, he could kick a child and punch a woman and shoot a guy and pee on the floor and his supporters would scream "YEAAAAHHHH GO ON DON, GO ON, SHOW THE MAN YOU DON'T CARE" because that is really all his supporters want.
They want change from their miserable lives, they want to stick it to THE MAN.
They don't really care about policies, or even if their life will improve, they just want change and they see Donny as some blue collar champion that will tell it straight and smash up the elites.
Ironic.
Absolutely.
And herein lies the problem.
We've been here before, except then he (and the GOP) didn't know what they were doing/going to really do.

This time they know.

The same voices asking for 'calm' and 'balance' speak a moral truth but a practical disaster. If the gradient of that 'high road' is even half a click to steep, it is absolutely over. Performative politics are (as you suggested) more important than actual policies to a lot of people.

He is no dummy. In choosing that ignorant sociopathic taco Vance, he has appointed a 'former critic who now sees the light'. It is very dangerous...

The bookies are always right.

You seen the odds on betfair on Biden to be president?

Gone right out and Harris is now favourite, the amount of money going on it says someone knows a deal has been done.

Seemingly Obama is "concerned" about Biden running for president. Threw a few quid on Harris, looking more likely that Biden will withdraw.
Doesn't mean that Harris will be the nominee though. They need someone that the whole party will get behind or it makes no difference.

Glad Obama has weighed in. I’d like Gavin Newsom to take over.

Seemingly Obama is "concerned" about Biden running for president. Threw a few quid on Harris, looking more likely that Biden will withdraw.
Doesn't mean that Harris will be the nominee though. They need someone that the whole party will get behind or it makes no difference.
Lot of money coming in now.

It will be Harris or loads and loads of dough has to be returned/can't be used...IF it is Harris, and given the ferocity with which Trump has restated his deportation/border program plans, then it is a genuine chance to retrieve the situation and consign Tump to history. I think the black, brown, and female vote if mobilized fully will be enough to crush Trump and the GOP. But people have to realize this guy is no clown, his hype is as real as it was the last time people buried their heads in the sand, and as such he has to be fought and beaten at the polls...or else there may not be a poll as such for a long long time...

Back