• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

She’s next up, shouldn’t have been VP if she wasn’t the second best in the party.

I think a gay guy has the same problem as a black woman with the rednecks, but they shouldn’t be chasing those votes anyway.

A cynic would say she wasn’t picked because she was the second best person in the party.

How many Americans actually know who Newsom is?

He has a very low profile with people who don’t follow politics.
He's presumably been quite a major player in their cabinet for the last 4 years? A Jeremy Hunt or Michael Gove level of profile (but without the baggage of being brick)

Gretchen Whitmer would also be a good number 2, althoughbI wonder if they would be brave enough to put 2 women on the ticket, that takes balls.

Harris needs to pick a political heavyweight as her number 2. Newsome would be perfect, but I am not sure he would choose to leave the Californian governorship to be vice president
I think they need a straight white man as a counter balance to the racism and misogyny. It should be Warren or Buttiegeig but it won't be.

Last edited:
How long will the process be to get the nominee? Feels like it needs to be a quick decision
Write-up on the process/options here.

Could be 9 August if enough delegates agree to endorse Harris during the virtual vote that was originally going to be used to endorse Biden's candidature. If not, and if there are others who put themselves forward, then it would go to the Democrat Convention which opens on 19 August.

No. It is to do with delegates.
Yes and no.

Yes it’s completely up to the delegates you’re right. But the delegates were for a BIDEN/Harris ticket rather than a HARRIS/Another ticket. She still needs to convince them to stick to their original support. If not enough stick it means she doesn’t have the nomination, opening the door for others to challenge.

It may not come to that anyway as she’s the ’presumptive’ backup. Negotiations, deals and schmoozing are furiously happening in the background with delegates and potential challengers to get them all to fall in line and present a unified party.

We’ll see what happens. Drama for sure!

Americans wouldnt vote for a popular black woman, let alone an unpopular one.

It should be Buttigieg, but Newsom makes most sense factoring in the prejudices of the country

Why not wait and see the ticket?
I think people are wrong on this personally. It she gets the right running mate she can mobilze a LOT of the black and female vote who have felt ignored. Her history as a prosecutor means she won't be bullied by Trump...the thing she has to do more than anything is to give all those blue collar cities and states her time - even the deep Trump
ones.

Back