• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Wonder if Trump when he is president will finally release the last of the closed jfk files.

He said he would last time and did not. I never felt Oswald was the man that day, wonder if any interesting parallels could be found.

Imo a really good and useful analysis of the current situation (not the shooting) by Robert Evans on the It Could Happen Here podcast titled Don't Panic.

Think it could be of interest to several of you. Obviously not saying he's right, but a good perspective.

If Trump had been killed, would these despicable conspiracies still have been readily vomited forward?
If Biden had been injured in exactly this fashion, would the same conspiracies and disbelief still have been put forward but just by the other side?

It's all a morass of toxicity to the extent that far too many people lose their humanity because their precious little opinion and tribe doesn't include the victim.
If killed no, not the same conspiracy theories. But others would. If Biden, yes, for sure the same conspiracy theories would be floating around by the other side. Just like there currently are conspiracy theories on the right at this moment about what's actually happened.

I don’t believe any of the conspiracy theories. It just seems like huge incompetence from Trump’s protection team and law enforcement. But, as someone very much on the outside looking in, the whole thing makes me very, very scared for where this will end up.

Lucky its in another country!

Trump and Americian politics has turned into entertainment, and this episode fits beautifully into that construction. Is it a construction? Or are we all in the matrix anyway? :)

What a plank

The terrifying thing is that people are smugly laughing and clapping as if was some Oscar Wilde - esque delightfully witty and satirical comment. It would be funny if it wasn't terrifying.

Without really wanting to bring it down to basics / oversimplifying religion, Islam tends to have more right wing leanings and Christianity leans over to the left. So this idea that labour = "Islamist" is a bizarre jibe.

I don't keep up with everything over there but I do watch the odd Jon Stewart / John Oliver bit and it just seems absurd what goes on, but then I guess it's the same level of clusterfudge over here....

Trump and Americian politics has turned into entertainment, and this episode fits beautifully into that construction. Is it a construction? Or are we all in the matrix anyway? :)
Great entertainment - until he pulls the US out of NATO, Russia goes into Moldova and the Baltic states, China moves on Taiwan, and he tells Israel they haven’t gone hard enough in Gaza.

Unfortunately what happens there is going to affect the rest of the world for decades to come.

Without really wanting to bring it down to basics / oversimplifying religion, Islam tends to have more right wing leanings and Christianity leans over to the left. So this idea that labour = "Islamist" is a bizarre jibe.

I'm not sure where that comes from?! The church, the army, big business and the monarch (in that order) are probably the four big agents of the right throughout history.

I'm not sure where that comes from?! The church, the army, big business and the monarch (in that order) are probably the four big agents of the right throughout history.

The actual teachings, not the way they've been interpreted for profit making reasons / an excuse to colonize everywhere.

Jesus supposedly helped the poor and wasn't super judgemental ie hung around with prostitutes / thieves etc. Gave everyone bread and fishes instead of telling them to just work harder to get their own bread and fish.

There are probably extreme examples going the other way but again, it's the interpretation of various people at various stages.

I think it's more productive to observe leanings rather than making a huge spectrum of people out to be a monolith ie the right did this, the left did that. By that point you're already squabbling based on huge generalizations which overlook nuance.

Great entertainment - until he pulls the US out of NATO, Russia goes into Moldova and the Baltic states, China moves on Taiwan, and he tells Israel they haven’t gone hard enough in Gaza.

Unfortunately what happens there is going to affect the rest of the world for decades to come.
I said earlier that I was scared about how this might play out and that’s true but at the same time I just can’t see Trump winning. Whilst the reporting of Biden’s conference call with donors has been focusing on his use of the phrase ‘having Trump in the bullseye’, it will be good - and about time - if the Democrats can really start to call out Trump on his (so called) policies. Biden is not going to get replaced now. Keep the focus off him as much as possible and put it onto Trump.

Is Trump as radical as his rhetoric? If we look at his actions as president he wasn’t particularly different to other presidents, maybe less radical even. Certainly less so than his opponents make out (and he makes out).

Would Trump leave NATO I don’t think so. All bark and no bite.

Ha! Joke's on you mate if you believe that. This is something the UK needs to be very scared of. Farage was arguably a chief architect of this narrative back in 2015/16, he remains in the pocket, he now has Parliamentary access, and all are part of a wider dragnet. I have to also say, if you find anything about Project 25 entertaining more than alarmingly scary, we should probably never make plans to go for a fun night out together, as it would appear yours involves a great deal of darkness :p...obviously I know the broader stroke you're painting here, and yes, existentially it's like an episode of MASH meets Perrin on acid, but thefacts behind it (and everything happening in the US right now) should scare the brick out of you at those moments when you think about it (and believe me, I try not to!!!!!)...

Let's start long before that. Appointing JD Vance as the potential veep should make everyone brick themselves. This is Project 2025 in further realization, a guy with NO real experience whatsoever could potentially find himself running the US in less than 12 months. It is the first hard installment of hiring plumbers to be diplomats. And if they get in and start replacing top level federal posts with friends, gawpers, freaks and loudmouths, brick is going to get dangerous for every living person.

Is Trump as radical as his rhetoric? If we look at his actions as president he wasn’t particularly different to other presidents, maybe less radical even. Certainly less so than his opponents make out (and he makes out).

Yes.
Everyone thinks Project 2025 is a new thing. He and his cronies have been buliding this for years. As for how radical, this guy managed to recallibrate the supreme court into a customer service centre for his needs; that's pretty radical in my book...

Yes.
Everyone thinks Project 2025 is a new thing. He and his cronies have been buliding this for years. As for how radical, this guy managed to recallibrate the supreme court into a customer service centre for his needs; that's pretty radical in my book...

Obviously the first point can be lodged under rhetoric. He’s not even president yet and he’s distancing himself from it.

He no doubt moved the judiciary to the right by appointing right wingers. But it’s not like he got rid of the justice system. Appointing his people is so radical?

Trump is all about hype and free publicity. The reality is less extreme than the hype train - which you’re on. Which people in the UK are even sucked into.

Oddly enough he's never seemed particularly interested in war either despite his team having some big time military hawks on it.

Back