• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

American politics is becoming more like "America's got president" style TV show.
It's all about the personality, not the policies.
That of course just plays right into trumps hands, he has no policies to speak of, only slogans.
It's a big mistake on the Democrats side to keep the focus on trump himself rather than going after his policies.
Trump has no policies himself to speak of. He is not a ideologue in any shape or form, just a conman. He is an empty vessel into which the right pour their malice, and the spawn of this unholy union is project 2025. The dems have being going hard after project 2025 recently to shine a light on it and the reaction to its contents has meant that Trump is trying to distance himself from it now. The more people know about 2025 the less that will vote for him, so that is a good approach to take IMO.

I also think highlighting Trumps many crimes and moral failings is not going to hurt things. Do both I would think.

Last edited:
Trump has no policies himself to speak of. He is not a ideologue in any shape or form, just a conman. He is an empty vessel into which the right pour their malice, and the spawn of this unholy union is project 2025. The dems have being going hard after project 2025 recently to shine a light on its contents and the reaction to it's contents has meant that Trump is trying to distance himself from it now. The more people know about 2025 the less that will vote for him, so that is a good approach to take IMO.

I also think highlighting Trumps many crimes and moral failings is not going to hurt things. Do both I would think.

Unfortunately Trump revels in his crimes, it gives him a platform to be the rebel, the ordinary Joe who is sticking it to the man.
Personally I would do my best to ignore him, fight the election on the difference in how your life would be under us rather than under him.

I've only dipped my toe in the project 2025 stuff and tbh I find it no more believable than the WEF with the everyone will eat bugs, get rid of the useless eaters, reduce the population by 8 billion and all the other wacky stuff klaus and his minions spout.

The problem is both sides think the other are an existential threat to the country. Hopefully things will return to some level of normalcy when Trump is gone but I’m convinced he is going to live to be a thousand years old so it won’t be anytime soon.

I'm not sure anyone imagined being so dewy-eyed for John McCain or Mitt Romney, but yes.

Trump has no policies himself to speak of. He is not a ideologue in any shape or form, just a conman. He is an empty vessel into which the right pour their malice, and the spawn of this unholy union is project 2025. The dems have being going hard after project 2025 recently to shine a light on its contents and the reaction to it's contents has meant that Trump is trying to distance himself from it now. The more people know about 2025 the less that will vote for him, so that is a good approach to take IMO.

You're right, he might appear to distance himself from it but it certainly it looks like a mandate he would love.

The problem is both sides think the other are an existential threat to the country. Hopefully things will return to some level of normalcy when Trump is gone but I’m convinced he is going to live to be a thousand years old so it won’t be anytime soon.

Trump is an existential threat.

This isn’t left vs right, it’s centre vs far right.

That’s how the right view the left as well. Not saying I agree but that’s how it is.
But almost every other country in the world do the things they are afraid of - pay taxes and have a social security safety net.

Whereas only Russian and perhaps Iran and Israel have gone down the religious nutjobs with lots of guns and big nukes path

Unfortunately Trump revels in his crimes, it gives him a platform to be the rebel, the ordinary Joe who is sticking it to the man.
Personally I would do my best to ignore him, fight the election on the difference in how your life would be under us rather than under him.

I've only dipped my toe in the project 2025 stuff and tbh I find it no more believable than the WEF with the everyone will eat bugs, get rid of the useless eaters, reduce the population by 8 billion and all the other wacky stuff klaus and his minions spout.

The 2025 is the only policy document they have so on one hand you are saying fight him on policy and then you are saying ignore it as fantasy. You cannot ignore it or him. He must be confronted with every weapon available, which at the moment is alarmingly few. The rule of law is disintegrating in America in real time, so they will not check his behaviour. The dismissal today of the classified documents case is another step down the path to authoritarian rule. One vote stands between America existing or not.

I think it is very important to see the line of facts that we CAN establish.

A shot is taken at Trump.
He is pushed to the floor but quickly rises from it with blood on the top of his ear.
He pumps his fist and gives the 'salute' a few times.
The shooter is 'neutralised'.
The media are kicked out of the area as it is deemed 'a crime scene'.
Trump calls for unity.
Biden calls for unity.
Media start up about bringing the nation together against bitter division.
Supreme Court Judge Aileen Cannon (a Trump appointee) dismisses the classified documents case against Trump on a bizarre technicality; the appeal will take ages.
GOP convention starts Wednesday with Trump's veep-pick to be announced.

These are not opinions, they are facts.
I am staying away from stating any of my personal opinions as they are irrelevant and could get in the way of facts; the story these 'facts' tell is open to your interpretation I suppose. But there's a clear one there.

Yes blood splatters but doesn't then stop

The blood looks like it's ran down his cheek and nose area most likely from his head being pushed down towards the ground by the numerous security guys.

Are you going to take this to the full 'moon landings' level?....just so we all know.

Sticking to my 'facts' post, the first reports from the scene stated that he wasn't caught by a bullet and that the cuts came from glass which had been breached on his screen. The first statements tying a bullet to his injuries came via Trump/his handlers. I certainly don't know what happened.

I disagree. The GOP do not think along those grounds. They have been overtaken by a theocratic body which is simply determined to enforce its way on the US. The far-right, anti-immigration extreme 'Christians' (I use the term loosely) who are driving that ship are very, very dangerous if you believe in the concept of free societies. The Supreme Court rejigging was an enormous thing which has (proportionately anyway IMO) slipped by. Yes, people make nopise about it, but the true depths as to what it signals remain beyond most of our (including mine, frankly) comprehension. Without wishing to sound hyperbolic, we could well be witnessing the last democratic (again in the modern context of the word) election. If Trump gets in, we will likely see a theocratic dictatorship take hold (the last bit is my speculation based on recent facts - hope I'm wrong)...

I think it is very important to see the line of facts that we CAN establish.

A shot is taken at Trump.
He is pushed to the floor but quickly rises from it with blood on the top of his ear.
He pumps his fist and gives the 'salute' a few times.
The shooter is 'neutralised'.
The media are kicked out of the area as it is deemed 'a crime scene'.
Trump calls for unity.
Biden calls for unity.
Media start up about bringing the nation together against bitter division.
Supreme Court Judge Aileen Cannon (a Trump appointee) dismisses the classified documents case against Trump on a bizarre technicality; the appeal will take ages.
GOP convention starts Wednesday with Trump's veep-pick to be announced.

These are not opinions, they are facts.
I am staying away from stating any of my personal opinions as they are irrelevant and could get in the way of facts; the story these 'facts' tell is open to your interpretation I suppose. But there's a clear one there.

How did anyone miss a head his size (I joke before anyone jumps and says I wish anyone dead, I don't).

Looked staged first look to me, I know it likely wasn't but something felt off the first few times I saw it. At the very least people are mental, some woman front row filming the whole thing as bullets rain down, thats nuts to me, I would be on hands and knees heading to the exit.

How did anyone miss a head his size (I joke before anyone jumps and says I wish anyone dead, I don't).

Looked staged first look to me, I know it likely wasn't but something felt off the first few times I saw it. At the very least people are mental, some woman front row filming the whole thing as bullets rain down, thats nuts to me, I would be on hands and knees heading to the exit.

My initial reaction was the same. I don't want to go there without facts, yet facts are going to be impossible to uncover IMO around such a detail (history tells us that)...the consequences of this action, whatever it was, are the hard facts to observe IMO. They will be significant and already have been.

My initial reaction was the same. I don't want to go there without facts, yet facts are going to be impossible to uncover IMO around such a detail (history tells us that)...the consequences of this action, whatever it was, are the hard facts to observe IMO. They will be significant and already have been.

Yeh exactly, I'm not saying it was staged but it looked it first instance, nothing shocks me anymore in life

Yeh exactly, I'm not saying it was staged but it looked it first instance, nothing shocks me anymore in life

Indeed mate.
These days, what shocks me the most is how many incredible creatures/insects there are around us of extraordinary design, specs, colours that I know nothing about and didn't ever give full appreciation too...

Back