• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

But maga dont play by the rules of democracy or civilisation. They are brownshirts, trying any course to destroy both

Honestly where fudge do you get off?
At least person has been killed attending a political rally, an innocent life lost, unless of course in your "democracy" only political views are allowed, and all you can bleat on about nazis, fascists and brownshirts.
Wind your neck in.

If Trump had been killed, would these despicable conspiracies still have been readily vomited forward?
If Biden had been injured in exactly this fashion, would the same conspiracies and disbelief still have been put forward but just by the other side?

It's all a morass of toxicity to the extent that far too many people lose their humanity because their precious little opinion and tribe doesn't include the victim.

different conspiracy theories probably

yes, proper batbrick crazy ones

the two sides are not equal, the republicans are the bad guys, actual fascists intending to bring down US democracy, the democrats are the good guys, still playing by the rules

That's some staging, a sniper so good he put a bullet through the ear of a moving target.
If you were Trump would take those odds?

if he was even shot at all

I mean, the fat fudger is the size of a bus, how do you miss?

Trump's response was not that of a man who just got shot, I don't believe he would respond that way, it's not his character, he's a bully, and bullies are cowards.

If Trump had been killed, would these despicable conspiracies still have been readily vomited forward?
If Biden had been injured in exactly this fashion, would the same conspiracies and disbelief still have been put forward but just by the other side?

It's all a morass of toxicity to the extent that far too many people lose their humanity because their precious little opinion and tribe doesn't include the victim.

I'm not touting one really, if that is what you think.
I think the shooter was legit, and fired the three shots, and I am sure his intended target was Dump - but I am sceptical after seeing video's that he hit Dump.

One person killed and two crit, they are who he hit imo. Dump, given the superficial nature of the wound, was either a very close shave or a bullet ejection.

also odd, in that clip of a secret service sniper behind Trump in the tweet above, that they were already pointing exactly the right way, and it all happened at a pause in Trumps speech

That's some staging, a sniper so good he put a bullet through the ear of a moving target.
If you were Trump would take those odds?
It could have been a small explosive device placed in his ear and the gunman had blanks. Hollywood studios have had more complex stuff for a century.

the two sides are not equal, the republicans are the bad guys, actual fascists intending to bring down US democracy, the democrats are the good guys, still playing by the rules

I most definitely would vote democrat if I lived in America. And I agree about the democracy part. However, I get why some people vote for Trump. To some he’s a push back to some of the nonsense on the left and says whatever the hell comes to his mind at any particular moment and his fans love it. It’s mostly non-factual and what he feels like saying at the time and completely anecdotal. Throw in the fact that the candidate for the other side is decomposing in front of our eyes and gets worse on a daily basis it’s completely farcical that he is still the candidate and no one has convinced him to step down.

I most definitely would vote democrat if I lived in America. And I agree about the democracy part. However, I get why some people vote for Trump. To some he’s a push back to some of the nonsense on the left and says whatever the hell comes to his mind at any particular moment and his fans love it. It’s mostly non-factual and what he feels like saying at the time and completely anecdotal. Throw in the fact that the candidate for the other side is decomposing in front of our eyes and gets worse on a daily basis it’s completely farcical that he is still the candidate and no one has convinced him to step down.

I'd like to think people would vote for a corpse before they vote for a fascist. But I'm clearly wrong about that.

We are on the verge of very dangerous times, this is tyranny 101, if Trump wins, it'll be the last democratic election we see in the US for some time, maybe the last one ever, the entire political structure of the planet will collapse, war in Europe is inevitable.

I'd like to think people would vote for a corpse before they vote for a fascist. But I'm clearly wrong about that.

We are on the verge of very dangerous times, this is tyranny 101, if Trump wins, it'll be the last democratic election we see in the US for some time, maybe the last one ever, the entire political structure of the planet will collapse, war in Europe is inevitable.
Yeah - learn from history. You cant be passive in defence of democracy. This is all very weimar.

And longer term the Democrats need to address the causes - the wealth disparity and lack of education particularly affecting the middle of the country.

possibly, like I say, nothing is beyond them, they are bad people

I think we need more moderate views and voices and whilst you’re more than welcome to your views it doesn’t do much to calm the situation down. America is more polarised now than at any time I can remember during my life. On balance the right are far worse but there’s plenty of idiots on the left as well.

I agree we would be in uncharted territory if Trump wins again, he’s already spoken about being cheated out of one election so what’s to stop him saying he deserves another term to make up for it. That said, I still believe in the system and there’s more than enough good people to stop Trump from trying for a 3rd term.

I think we need more moderate views and voices and whilst you’re more than welcome to your views it doesn’t do much to calm the situation down. America is more polarised now than at any time I can remember during my life. On balance the right are far worse but there’s plenty of idiots on the left as well.
America doesnt have a left - thats a big part of its problem. They have neo-libs or fascists. Anyone left of Liz Truss got locked up as a communist by Mccarthy

I actually lived and worked in the States for several years and without a doubt it is a great country with spectacular places to go and see. However it also is full of idiots and fools and is also the most corrupt country i have lived in.

I have met some really great folks but also came across a lot of CRAZY folks. Those who have never had the pleasure of going/being there have really no idea of just how diverse it really is.

Actual fascists....
Have a word.

Back