• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I'm a little surprised that Trump won, but not at all surprised that Clinton lost.

A big 'phuck you' to politics as usual.

A bit silly, but it will get you started :cool:
Thank you. What an incredibly poor voiceover. Part robot, part autistic, part amusing. He says it is like 3 brothers... then goes on to say each brother argues amongst itself i.e. it is really like 3 families on a street. Anyways... thanks

The death of Antonin Scalia left a the Supreme Court roughly tied 3-3 Left and Right. Trump will certainly nominate a Right wing candidate, the only hope is that he'll leave the religious nuts out of it.

Ta. There are 8 Supreme Court Justices at present. The 83 year old looks good; I thought it was Just For Men but apparently ladies can use it too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Court_of_the_United_States#Current_justices

Here is a natty diagram

USA_Government_Branches_Infographic.png

The flip side of that is that if he does not tow the party line it will be easier for the Republicans to stifle him

there will be plenty of horse trading over the next 4 years, they are sneaky enough to play the long game, they'll give him some wins if they can get a godtard on the SC

there will be plenty of horse trading over the next 4 years, they are sneaky enough to play the long game, they'll give him some wins if they can get a godtard on the SC
My view also, that and relaxation of green laws, drilling in national parks etc.

Ban on abortion? Gay marriage under threat?

It's not just the US, knock on effect on rights in other countries (if US do it its OK for us)

My view also, that and relaxation of green laws, drilling in national parks etc.

Ban on abortion? Gay marriage under threat?

It's not just the US, knock on effect on rights in other countries (if US do it its OK for us)

i've been wrong before (about pretty much everything political this year), but i can't see either abortion or gay marriage changing in the uk, surely

If you don't stop globalisation, we'll let you not give a toss about the police killing black people type of deal?

i've been wrong before (about pretty much everything political this year), but i can't see either abortion or gay marriage changing in the uk, surely

There are plenty of Conservatives who want it capped at the time a premature baby can survive from.

I do see both this and Brexit as being about a clash between social conservatism and social liberalism far more than I do being about economics.

There are plenty of Conservatives who want it capped at the time a premature baby can survive from.

I do see both this and Brexit as being about a clash between social conservatism and social liberalism far more than I do being about economics.

i think the economics are the spark

Like the UK, an election skewed (screwed) by old people with a view of the world that is dead, where black and white fear mongering and shifting the blame to some "other" group continues to be easier for humans to process than actually thinking about policy and what candidates will really do.

Completely disagree @milo Trump is not a conservative, nor is his anti-trade, anti-nato views, he's on his 3rd marriage, non-religious, the list of items that would disqualify him from being a conservative candidate is miles long. Middle America grew up making way too much money on low skill manufacturing jobs that no longer exist and will never return regardless of who they elect.

Truth is, despite a autopsy by the republican party on the losses to Obama and the conclusion of a need to move the republic party into a modern era that is something more than an angry old white man party, that understands brick that the rest of society figured out decades ago (minorities, gender, sexual preference are not ok to target/discriminate/have systematic government policies against), Trump ignored all of that. He doubled down on the "brown people are the problem" and womens/gays have no rights view of the world. People don't want to say it, but this is a racist/bigot vote carry by rural white America.

The fun part is despite winning an overwhelming control of the US government, the Republican party still has huge challenges, specifically this one

- Voters 25 and under would have carried the election for democrats by a margin of 504 - 23
- http://coed.com/2016/11/09/how-the-...oked-if-only-voters-aged-18-25-counted-photo/

Back