• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Val Wolfswinkel seems to be linked to premiership clubs in every window for at least the last 3 years, seems like he could be a good fit for us and not too expensive either. Porto generally have a decent scouting network as well.

Wolfswinkel plays for Sporting Lisbon ;)

Val Wolfswinkel seems to be linked to premiership clubs in every window for at least the last 3 years.

I think the press just like printing his name because its a bit like dogs gonads. I think its more for comedy value than because he's seriously a potential EPL player.

Holy brick.

I genuinely thought that was a tinkle take (someone mentioning wanting us to take a punt and Norwich coming in a la Hooper) and about two seconds afterwards it was on the radio!

Is he decent then?

I think RvW will be an initial hit then fade away after half a season. Depends on his attitude - there has to be a reason why, after his agent's been hawking him to every top eight club in the PL over the last two seasons, only Norwich has ended up taking him up.

Given Spanish football's financial troubles I think we should take a closer look at Celta Vigo's Iago Aspas. I haven't seen any more than highlights but his stats make him out to be pretty creative for a forward (2.1 KP, 32 passes, 10 goals + 6 assists in 27 apps), which I think is usually less risky than going for a prolific striker who barely ever touches the ball (team could be set up around him a la Darren Bent, whereas a player with good creativity and passing stats usually has some intelligence and link-up ability). He's 25, just one year older than Wolfswinkel, and younger and (probably) cheaper than Soldado.

I expect both Defoe and Ade to leave this summer so I'd be hoping for two senior strikers in, and a young prospect if possible. (Yes I know, we haven't even gotten one :lol:)

Well I really wanted us to take a punt on RvW - been saying since before he went to Lisbon. At least now I will have an idea of how good my scouting potential is ;-)

So dutch media reports say that West Hams record signing will be Wilfried Bony from Vitesse Arnhem.

Anyone know anything about him? Haver never seen him play

Big, strong, scores lots of goals. Everything we don't need.

:lol:

you have to or you would cry

as for milo saying we need to buy ones that are better then what we got i would be amazed if we could sign any that were any worse.

This bonny sounds exactly like the sort we should be after. Like others in this thread i believe we need 2 strikers or even 3. If it was me i would go for this bonny and benteke as our 2 main ones and shane long as our 3rd back up striker he is in the last 12 months of his contract and should be cheap and can score goals.

I would get rid of dempsey, ade and defoe they are either not good enough or can not play in the system we need.

Do not really care who we sign just as long as we show we are scouting players and making sure they fit our system. Time for avb to put his mark on the team.

Doesn't matter who our new striker(s) are replacing, what matter is whether they're good enough to take us where we hope to be going.
Sign Hooper and Wolfswinkel is easy enough, then we have strikers fitting for a top 10 side.
They won't have us challenging United though

Doesn't matter who our new striker(s) are replacing, what matter is whether they're good enough to take us where we hope to be going.
Sign Hooper and Wolfswinkel is easy enough, then we have strikers fitting for a top 10 side.
They won't have us challenging United though

Wolfswinkel has already gone to Norwich..

I know, but people are talking like we've missed out on someone who'd be good enough to take us forward, when it's a player that would just be a stop gap and filler of a hole in the team.

Back