• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Tottenham have been offered a cut-price deal for Sporting Lisbon winger Diego Capel with the Portuguese club desperate to raise funds.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is a long-term admirer of winger Capel and twice tried to bring him to White Hart Lane whilst Juande Ramos was in charge.

But it seems Levy could finally get his man after Sporting told Tottenham the 25-year-old is available for a summer transfer for as a little as £5million.

According to reports in Portugal, Sporting are desperate to trim their wage bill and raise funds for a squad overhaul at the end of the season.

And big earner Capel – along with Khalid Boulahrouz and Stijn Schaars – are for sale.

Liverpool and Swansea have also been told that Capel is for sale, but are not thought to be interested at present.

Tottenham are keen to add another winger to their ranks in the summer with the likes of Iago Falque and David Bentley both set to depart.

Possibly but I've got a feeling that Benny isn't an AVB type of player and that we could get a decent price for him this summer but that his price would be decreasing pretty sharply after that. It just seems like an opportune time to part company.

Fingers crossed.

Tottenham have been offered a cut-price deal for Sporting Lisbon winger Diego Capel with the Portuguese club desperate to raise funds.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is a long-term admirer of winger Capel and twice tried to bring him to White Hart Lane whilst Juande Ramos was in charge.

But it seems Levy could finally get his man after Sporting told Tottenham the 25-year-old is available for a summer transfer for as a little as £5million.

According to reports in Portugal, Sporting are desperate to trim their wage bill and raise funds for a squad overhaul at the end of the season.

And big earner Capel – along with Khalid Boulahrouz and Stijn Schaars – are for sale.

Liverpool and Swansea have also been told that Capel is for sale, but are not thought to be interested at present.

Tottenham are keen to add another winger to their ranks in the summer with the likes of Iago Falque and David Bentley both set to depart.

A blast from the past!

Would be quality backup for either winger to be fair.. And i guess if Bale's going to be playing central, he could be a starting left winger.

Would we not be more likely to sell Rose and bring Shaw in as understudy?

Indeed. You don't sign a 17 yo for the starting 11, especially a defender. It took Bale a couple of years to establish himself.

You couldn't make it up. Oh hang on, someone just did.

Indeed. You don't sign a 17 yo for the starting 11, especially a defender. It took Bale a couple of years to establish himself.

In his first season at the club, Bale went straight into the first team and played very well.

It was only after badly injuring his ankle in early December against Birmingham, and subsequently missing the remainder of the season, that he lost confidence and form.

As to Shaw.....forget it. It ain't happening. As made up as the Capel story.

Southampton have plenty of money and won't go down, why would they sell? Would have to be a ridiculously good deal for them...

i can just see us blowing 10-15 mill on Shaw and then not having enough money on Aug 31st for a top striker ](*,)

A blast from the past!

Would be quality backup for either winger to be fair.. And i guess if Bale's going to be playing central, he could be a starting left winger.

Capel? No thanks. Has done nothing of note since we were first interested four or five years ago.

I'd far rather give Townsend a proper chance.

If Norwich sign Wolfswinkel and he turns out to be very good I fudging give up (unless we also get a very good striker)

I thought RvW was Pav-ish? Not just in playing style... I've seen an interview by him where he comes across as rather cheerful and 'fun loving' in the Bentley sense, really pleased at the laidback lifestyle and lightness of training in Portugal. I don't think this guy has the hunger to compete at the very top. Might've developed a lot in the last year though.

ryantegan re: Christian Eriksen

under 10m and its very much a 2 horse race. Both parties are trying to do a deal now. (He said later on that the other team is Liverpool)

do we really need eriksen? i'd prefer sticking with sigurdsson and holtby..

i also want van wolfswinkel, not just because he has an amazing name, but also because he's a very very promising young player. 20 goals from 40 games at porto is nothing to sneeze at.

Possibly but I've got a feeling that Benny isn't an AVB type of player and that we could get a decent price for him this summer but that his price would be decreasing pretty sharply after that. It just seems like an opportune time to part company.

BAE is one of the strangest players ever. I watched a compilation of his input in one game and it was amazingly good. Other games I could strangle him.

He can be and has been a matchwinner for us. Not recently..is it a fitness issue?

do we really need eriksen? i'd prefer sticking with sigurdsson and holtby..

i also want van wolfswinkel, not just because he has an amazing name, but also because he's a very very promising young player. 20 goals from 40 games at porto is nothing to sneeze at.

Eriksen is the last player in the world we need. He's just a crap version of Siggy.

I thought RvW was Pav-ish? Not just in playing style... I've seen an interview by him where he comes across as rather cheerful and 'fun loving' in the Bentley sense, really pleased at the laidback lifestyle and lightness of training in Portugal. I don't think this guy has the hunger to compete at the very top. Might've developed a lot in the last year though.

Not seen any interviews but always thought he's looked good when I've seen him, in particular he looks like he has the potential to develop in to an all round striker who'd compliment our style.

I think I just really want us to buy in to some striking potential, for too long we seem to buy good strikers around the 28/29 age bracket, whereas I think buying strikers who could become very very good but are much younger would benefit the club far more in the long run

Val Wolfswinkel seems to be linked to premiership clubs in every window for at least the last 3 years, seems like he could be a good fit for us and not too expensive either. Porto generally have a decent scouting network as well.

Back