• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

If he was that good he would be going to a better team than Canning Town Caravan Club FC

Ah the 'smaller clubs taking risks on players must mean they aren't good enough' attitude.

After all, if Michu was any good he would have gone to a better team than Swansea.

Ah the 'smaller clubs taking risks on players must mean they aren't good enough' attitude.

After all, if Michu was any good he would have gone to a better team than Swansea.

Yes, he would. He had a good goal scoring record as an attacking midfielder, but he was a gamble. He's now proven he can do it in this league, so his price has sky rocketed, but it's far from certain he will be able to maintain his productivity now that everyone is aware of him.

Yes, he would. He had a good goal scoring record as an attacking midfielder, but he was a gamble. He's now proven he can do it in this league, so his price has sky rocketed, but it's far from certain he will be able to maintain his productivity now that everyone is aware of him.

That was not the point.

The point is you sound like a muppet if you say 'X Player is brick because he's joining Y team'.

Mascherano and Teves were parked at WHU.
It is a shrewd move for some players to put themselves in the shop window at a lesser EPL club. Ba is another example and Heskey and Anelka got big money moves from Wigan and Bolton.

think of all the lucky escapes we had in the past, Michael ricketts, Michael bridges, Marcus Stewart

100% correct.

Levy is a footballing expert who took his eye off the ball for a couple of signings during Comolli's tenure but Spurs must have the best hit record for signings of any EPL club.

I was going to start a new thread on this a while ago but maybe this is the best place for it.

As I see it we have two options for our much needed striker. We either sign a young player who may develop to be as good as the best strikers in the league or we sign a striker from a bigger club who didn't quite make the mark.

What do people think would be more likely to be a successful approach?

Think we already got the second type in Ade, so I'd go for young with potential.

Think we already got the second type in Ade, so I'd go for young with potential.

Despite what others have said about you, i have always respected and enjoyed your opinon but i really can not see how you do not give ade critcism and give defoe some. My opinon they both not good enough and we should bring in 3 new strikers, 1 at a lower level and 2 good ones. By good i mean someone that can run and keep onside and shoot either side of the keeper, something neither of our stikers seem to be able to do.

He got Bent and Bentley wrong. Who else recently? He overpaid for Defoe but he has got us goals.

well that is one way at looking at it but i would also look at the ones he has missed out on

I do not think he is a football expert anyway, but that aside the man is held back by fear. We are at a level and to go to the next level without an oil owner we need to unearth players but he would rather pay for "proven talent" like dempsey then allow our scouts to find michu. Who would you have preffered this sseason?

Read that sherwood said we were offered michu 2 years ago but turned him down, that should have been enough for him to get his p45 sent to him in the post. But it is levy that ets the tone of how the club iss run, he goes after prem players when the are better alternatives but he is to scared to go after these players for the fear of putting us back a step.

I would say that is already happening as clubs like liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are getting better squads and we are treading water. I do not rate levy when it comes to the football side of this club. I like that we are on a fairly sound footing finacially though i still believe we have quite a big debt. I like that we have a wage structure and wont break it but the should be more creativity used within the way the clubs scouts and sign players.

Despite what others have said about you, i have always respected and enjoyed your opinon but i really can not see how you do not give ade critcism and give defoe some. My opinon they both not good enough and we should bring in 3 new strikers, 1 at a lower level and 2 good ones. By good i mean someone that can run and keep onside and shoot either side of the keeper, something neither of our stikers seem to be able to do.

I didn't mean it as a value comment. Just litterally that Ade played at bigger clubs like Madrid and dropped down to play for us.

Generally that policy has worked well for us - Klinsmann, Davids and vdV spring to mind.

For reasons of wages and sell on value Levy tends to go for the young with potential though. Remembering of course that Defoe was originally one of those a decade ago.

well that is one way at looking at it but i would also look at the ones he has missed out on

I do not think he is a football expert anyway, but that aside the man is held back by fear. We are at a level and to go to the next level without an oil owner we need to unearth players but he would rather pay for "proven talent" like dempsey then allow our scouts to find michu. Who would you have preffered this sseason?

Read that sherwood said we were offered michu 2 years ago but turned him down, that should have been enough for him to get his p45 sent to him in the post. But it is levy that ets the tone of how the club iss run, he goes after prem players when the are better alternatives but he is to scared to go after these players for the fear of putting us back a step.

I would say that is already happening as clubs like liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are getting better squads and we are treading water. I do not rate levy when it comes to the football side of this club. I like that we are on a fairly sound footing finacially though i still believe we have quite a big debt. I like that we have a wage structure and wont break it but the should be more creativity used within the way the clubs scouts and sign players.

If you look at the ones chairmen miss out on then all of them would be failures.

We are doing better than Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. You are a passionate guy and I am a realist. Levy has been a great DOF at this club and the only time he came unstuck was when he thought Comolli walked on water after the Bale signing.
He backed Harry over some dodgy signings but the club was not crippled only injured.

We are doing better than Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. You are a passionate guy and I am a realist. Levy has been a great DOF at this club and the only time he came unstuck was when he thought Comolli walked on water after the Bale signing.
He backed Harry over some dodgy signings but the club was not crippled only injured.

Levy has been a great chairman i will give you that, but director of football, he is on a par with pleat.

If you look at the ones chairmen miss out on then all of them would be failures.

Im not talking about individual players more of a strategy, i dislike the last minute signing but can understand why we have to do this from a financial view point but what i can not understand is the over rating of some of our players. We are not going to sustain our position with the current buying policy and i can only hope that avb has some influence in the transfer committee so we can sign players that will actually take us forward.

Levy great chairman and far better then most, but as a director of football, no im not having that.

Im not talking about individual players more of a strategy, i dislike the last minute signing but can understand why we have to do this from a financial view point but what i can not understand is the over rating of some of our players. We are not going to sustain our position with the current buying policy and i can only hope that avb has some influence in the transfer committee so we can sign players that will actually take us forward.

Levy great chairman and far better then most, but as a director of football, no im not having that.

This comment hugely confuses me.

The current buying policy bought us Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele, Siggurdsson, Holtby, Dempsey.

I can't think of a club in the Premier League who has had a better year in the transfer market than Spurs. If these signings are not going to take us forward, i am not sure who is.

The one black mark on Levy's name is the Striker issue. I feel that it clouds peoples judgements when they think of his transfer policy upon the entire squad.

This comment hugely confuses me.

The current buying policy bought us Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele, Siggurdsson, Holtby, Dempsey.

I can't think of a club in the Premier League who has had a better year in the transfer market than Spurs. If these signings are not going to take us forward, i am not sure who is.

The one black mark on Levy's name is the Striker issue. I feel that it clouds peoples judgements when they think of his transfer policy upon the entire squad.

Well he held onto gomes far to long and refused to accept a 5m bid 2 seasons ago, remember reading from the chairman of the club at the time, same can be said for corluka, krancjar and dos santos.

The problem with our current buying policy is we are going after "match of the day" players like dempsey and siggy when we should be going for players that will actually improve us, but that invloves a slight risk, signing playerss like michu or benteke. Instead we are going after dross like dempsey or players with well known attitude problem like ade.

Not convinced on holtby yet but i think he can be a good addition, the first 3 are good for sure. The striker issue does not cloud the judegment, it is one of the most important areas of the team and has been neglected for 3 years.

Well he held onto gomes far to long and refused to accept a 5m bid 2 seasons ago, remember reading from the chairman of the club at the time, same can be said for corluka, krancjar and dos santos.

The problem with our current buying policy is we are going after "match of the day" players like dempsey and siggy when we should be going for players that will actually improve us, but that invloves a slight risk, signing playerss like michu or benteke. Instead we are going after dross like dempsey or players with well known attitude problem like ade.

Not convinced on holtby yet but i think he can be a good addition, the first 3 are good for sure. The striker issue does not cloud the judegment, it is one of the most important areas of the team and has been neglected for 3 years.

Well your first comment has nothing to do with the 'buying policy', that's the 'selling policy'.

'Match of the day' players? Dempsey is nothing like a 'match of the day player'.. he gives you 100% every game. He's not overly creative or flair-like. He's one of the least match of the day players there is. He's a fighter, he's the kind of player you want when the game gets scrappy.

Holtby needs time, i can agree with that. For only 1.5m though he doesn't really have to do much to justify his fee.

It hasn't been 'neglected'.. We bought Ade this year. That's not 'neglecting' an area of the team, that's an attempt to find a solution. It didn't work out, but you can't say he's not trying to do something about it.

We could go for players like Benteke and Michu, I don't rate Benteke, i think he's a 'match of the day' player. Thing is though, Siggy was last year's Michu, look how that turned out. Me, i think he's still going to be a good player for us, but he hasn't hit the ground running.

I doubt we're going to agree fully on this, but i think people use the Striker issue to beat Levy over the head a lot, and ignore the fact that he has made the rest of the squad a pretty impressive beast.

Last edited:
Back