• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

Capoue had a good long pass on him, but its the short, sharp transitioning that he was too cumbersome to do.

I thought Capoue's short passing was fine too - though it was mainly sideways and backwards.
Tbh on his debut and first few games he looked superb - intercepting opposition passes a la Carrick and passing forwards with purpose.
Unfortunately as time went on his passing became more sterile and he seemed less willing/able to track runners from midfield. I think that was his undoing tbh. I don't think he could do the yards - I remember chasing shadows against Liverpool at home last year - a good 2 yards off the pace. He was very inconsistent in that regard. I was at our home game against So'ton and he was very strong that day in putting in a defensive shift. Fast forward a few weeks to the Villa & Saudi Sportswashing Machine games and he was up to his old tricks of not tracking midfield runners. You can't really have someone you can't rely on in that position so I see why Poch has moved him on. Seem to recall him becoming a bit expasperated in our home games where he was pressing but the top end players weren't engaging in the press - remember him throwing his arms up a few times in frustration. Maybe that "broken press" broke his spirit.

Wanyama, from what i've seen of him, is a little too defensively-minded to me. I personally think we need someone who is a calm passer who can take the sting out of games when the opposition are in the ascendency. There are 2 ways to counter what happened against Stoke - sit in very defensively and hang on for grim death or get on the ball, dictate the tempo and take the sting out of the opposition. Even doing that for 5 mins can break a team's dominant spell. Its something we sorely lacked last season. Time & again we'd come under the cosh, concede a goal with all hell breaking loose and a 2nd goal and/or a glut of opposition chances coming because we couldn't retain possession. Palace and Sheff Utd spring to mind - I'm sure I could list others - and now add Stoke to that list this season - hell even Leicester!

I shall tell you what poch wants, what he really, really wants,

he wants to really,really really sign a Wan-ya-ma.

get-out-28588-1253745025-2.jpg

Yeah, this is the least likely of the transfers imo. I just cannot see Southampton wanting to deal with us unless there is a release clause within the contract meaning that they have no choice.

I don't see why Southampton would sell to us now considering how they dug their heels in with Schneiderlin last year.

i hope they dig as hard now too......over 16-18 mill for a regular simple defensive midfielder? :confused:

come on black box, work your magic and throw up a decent player, there is still time!!

i hope they dig as hard now too......over 16-18 mill for a regular simple defensive midfielder? :confused:

come on black box, work your magic and throw up a decent player, there is still time!!
Could it be that the black box says he is the best player in the price range we can afford?

Could it be that the black box says he is the best player in the price range we can afford?

Nah the black box is only supposed to recommend players we've never heard of - the type of player which would have indianspur complaining that we're signing nobodies :p

Considering the amount of silly money being thrown around by most clubs I would think 16-18 mill for a player who would strengthen our weakest position would be a good signing.

Considering the amount of silly money being thrown around by most clubs I would think 16-18 mill for a player who would strengthen our weakest position would be a good signing.

hes not so effective for Saints now Schneiderlin has left............id rather stick with Mason and Bentaleb for another year and wait till next summer to see what is available

i dont think wanyama is the answer at all

Wanyama will be last seasons Schniederlin...as in they will refuse to sanction a move.

I really hope we have some other irons in the fire.

hes not so effective for Saints now Schneiderlin has left............id rather stick with Mason and Bentaleb for another year and wait till next summer to see what is available

can I ask who you think is? that is not a question asked in a snotty way its just I dont think VW is likely....Illaremendi is no longer an option....no noises regarding Bender, Rabiot, Kramer, heck I would have took Lucas for 8m

Well Stop! Hammer time, last season with Mason and Bentaleb we were wide open in CM and we need to fix it not wait another season to do so.

Could a EL exit for Southampton be part of Wanyama coming to us or not? 1-1 at home, they play in Denmark tonight.

can I ask who you think is? that is not a question asked in a snotty way its just I dont think VW is likely....Illaremendi is no longer an option....no noises regarding Bender, Rabiot, Kramer, heck I would have took Lucas for 8m

you are being snotty

but i will answer anyway:) like i said, i would rather stick with what we have than waste money on a late signing who i dont think will solve our problem. Just my opinion

who knows, maybe in January a Bender, Rabiot or Kramer or someone else better than Wanyama might become available, or we will wait till next summer and see who is on the market

Wanyama is a very limited player imo and yes if he was available for 7 mill maybe its worth taking a punt on, but 18 mill? That is big money that can be used on some one better I think

Back