• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

What he has he is presence and is powerful and every top team needs this .. My granny wud fancy it up against Mason n Bentaleb .. Our middle of field is just not right .. Throw stats all u want .. top central midfield player signing is needed .. Who ? No idea but one thing for sure , it's down to money and how much levy really wants to bring one in , no one else

arsenal and barcelona dont have it to name a couple

that thing about your Gran potentially opened up a whole universe of jokes btw; but i wont bite...i get what you are trying to say with that

you are the guy that would potentially have said no to makelele and mascherano probably as stats is the only thing that proved their worth ; seems you are more interested if the player is a big dude with the tag "DM" and can throw his weight around

each to their own i suppose...i personally dont subscribe to that old school thinking ...so premier league "before enlightenment" for me..he is a big dude and he is indeed a powerful beheamoth ..but football is played 90% in the brain.....and the rest is split between physical traits and skill.

the fact that you dont know who you want is fair enough...i cant argue with that as its impossible to know every player on earth........but at least you will know what you want when you do see it

And these fans you know tell you they're a bigger club than Spurs?

Yes. Or at least as big. I tell them that they're talking crap but they won't face the truth. I then remind them that they haven't beaten us since they were promoted back to the Premier League & that we are, I think, the only team that they haven't beaten. Still, they continue their meandering nonsense.

Firstly, I used to live in Southampton & so know a lot of fans of the club. Secondly, Facebook comments about Southampton are often strangely filled with comments from their fans about how they are a big club. And it goes on...

I am seriously amused by the fact that you are bothered because they think they are bigger than us, personally I think it is an irrelevance.

So allegedly they think they are bigger than us.

And?

So

Ar5ena1 and barcelona dont have it to name a couple

that thing about your Gran potentially opened up a whole universe of jokes btw; but i wont bite...i get what you are trying to say with that

you are the guy that would potentially have said no to makelele and mascherano probably as stats is the only thing that proved their worth ; seems you are more interested if the player is a big dude with the tag "DM" and can throw his weight around

each to their own i suppose...i personally dont subscribe to that old school thinking ...so premier league "before enlightenment" for me..he is a big dude and he is indeed a powerful beheamoth ..but football is played 90% in the brain.....and the rest is split between physical traits and skill.

the fact that you dont know who you want is fair enough...i cant argue with that as its impossible to know every player on earth........but at least you will know what you want when you do see it

I don't need u to read between lines here .. I said from onset I don't want a dm I want a cm and with that cm comes a player who either totally excels like a modric type or a player who offers a bit of everything . Presence , leadership , offers creativity , has a brain and knows how to use it ..who can play between lines not pass sideways majority of time .. Now maybe this a overall pattern of play thing with Spurs but also a cm who doesn't give away silly fouls a lot , goes missing for long spells or whose job is to pass out ball to walker and rose and not much else ..
Midfielders jobs are to protect defence and offer creativity and goal threat at other end .. Bentaleb falls between all chairs on everything .. But again not picking on him .. He is a young lad learning the game ...

I'll repeat for u cos all u seem interested in going is identifying me as the guy who doesn't look at stats and who wants wants a 6'5 dm built like a brick brickhouse .. what I want is a cm who knows his job and who is a top player not someone learning his trade as he goes along , fudging us up in the mean time .. Plenty of Europa games and carling up matches and average home games to give such players in important position a chance to grow ... If we want to do well we need a cm who can offer us lots more than what we currently have .. For the record I rate mason way more than Bentaleb ..

I don't need u to read between lines here

sorry keith but that puts me at a disadvantage .....how else am i supposed to read it? everything you offered up until this point is completely vague and open to interpretation. nothing that you have said before here could be itemised at all. It actually comes across a bit worse i think if you dont read between the lines if you get my drift

.. I said from onset I don't want a dm I want a cm and with that cm comes a player who either totally excels like a modric type or a player who offers a bit of everything . Presence , leadership , offers creativity , has a brain and knows how to use it ..who can play between lines not pass sideways majority of time ..

right..so you want a world class player thats a CM that can either do everything that an AM , CM and Dm does to a good / high degree or is a world class deep lying all round play maker.
i am not sure if you think thats easy or not seeing as you said its totally dependent on levy.....like he can get us a player like that if he wanted to.
(No wonder bentaleb is considered not good enough and you judge a good game of his against everton as poor. he will never measure up for the next year or two)

Now maybe this a overall pattern of play thing with Spurs but also a cm who doesn't give away silly fouls a lot

Hmm, that narrows the field even further..i was thinking if we had a spare 190K to 300K we could possibly try and tempt away someone thats like yaya toure...but he does seem to foul a hell of a lot these days..and his motivation appears to do with monetary values....i cant think of someone that we could get with this current squad with our current business model that would be willing to come

If only levy would just break the bank like a rich king / prince with a bottomless well of wealth

, goes missing for long spells or whose job is to pass out ball to walker and rose and not much else ..
Midfielders jobs are to protect defence and offer creativity and goal threat at other end ..

yes i gathered that you are looking for a player that resembles Yaya toure, Toni Kroos , pogba etc.......... like i said , thats a big problem but in the mean time i guess we have to settle with 'poor' performances like what bentaleb put out against everton

Bentaleb falls between all chairs on everything .. But again not picking on him .. He is a young lad learning the game ...

that's your opinion....you're right to see him as such, you'll excuse me if i disagree on how talented i think he is and what he offers us NOW

I'll repeat for u cos all u seem interested in going is identifying me as the guy who doesn't look at stats and who wants wants a 6'5 dm built like a brick ****house .. what I want is a cm who knows his job and who is a top player not someone learning his trade as he goes along , fudgeing us up in the mean time .. Plenty of Europa games and carling up matches and average home games to give such players in important position a chance to grow ... If we want to do well we need a cm who can offer us lots more than what we currently have .. For the record I rate mason way more than Bentaleb ..

actually i can only identify you as the stuff you write whch was "i dont like stats" and something along the lines of "My gran can beat mason and bentaleb and despite what stats say i would prefer wanyama cause he has prescence etc",

you have elaborated more here for us to read..i think its unrealistic personally and i think you might be disappointed with our next 3 purchases in that position as they dont reach your quota.

All I will say is there is plenty of players out there who are not classed as world class , who wouldn't cost 150k a week or fraction of it and who are better than Bentaleb and mason .. It's not my job to scout and identify such players but surely Spurs can sign at least one who will greatly enhance the first 11 and do better job than those two for the present . a top player doesn't have to be in bracket or calibre of player u pigeon hole them in .. I think scnderlein is a top cm off top of my head but he is not world class ... And he was gettable ... Loads out there ...! Not asking for a drop lying dm .. Why do people have to label these positions .. tip teams have top cm players who are capable of doing but of everything but excelling in some parts .. We don't have players like this at present but I'm hoping levy can bring one first team cm in

All I will say is there is plenty of players out there who are not classed as world class , who wouldn't cost 150k a week or fraction of it and who are better than Bentaleb and mason .. It's not my job to scout and identify such players but surely Spurs can sign at least one who will greatly enhance the first 11 and do better job than those two for the present . a top player doesn't have to be in bracket or calibre of player u pigeon hole them in .. I think scnderlein is a top cm off top of my head but he is not world class ... And he was gettable ... Loads out there ...! Not asking for a drop lying dm .. Why do people have to label these positions .. tip teams have top cm players who are capable of doing but of everything but excelling in some parts .. We don't have players like this at present but I'm hoping levy can bring one first team cm in

Errr the one example that you do suggest Schneiderlin was more expensive and probably is on 150k a week. For a number of reasons already said, we cannot possibly compete with Man United when it comes to signing players, so no we couldn't get him. Forget about last year, because there is no consensus that we could have signed him then, but there is consensus that we cannot compete with Man United for a signing. I ask of all the teams in the Premier League, which midfielders do you think we should have and are better than what we have that would do all of what you ask.

So whats the deal with a player buying out his contract? surely there is something a player can do to get out of his contract?

Cant see this one happening in all honesty...I have no reason to doubt Koeman despite Victors protestations.

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles 10m10 minutes ago
Understand that Tottenham's offer for Victor Wanyama was £20m. Southampton refused so player now intends to run down contract. #THFC

55403444.jpg

Le tissier just said on SSN that Spurs put a bid in a few weeks ago which was less than Southampton paid for him from Celtic! Brilliant stuff from Levy!

Back