• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

you need more than league position to rate them, Hodgson is clearly a talented a coach whereas Rodgers is clearly an imbecile, yet he managed to finish far higher in the league

Haha. Your dislike of the excellent Rodgers is only matched by my dislike of the smug Klopp.

We are probably both right.

I giggle like a school girl every time you say excellent and Rodgers in the same sentence. Suarez pulling goals left and right out of his ass almost carried him to the title.

Must be watching a different Hodgson for last 10 years than me .. but that's ok .. opinions I guess ...

indeed

personally, I don't recall him taking a job and not making the team he was in charge of better

Fulham were very impressive under him and he performed a miracle with England in the last euro's imo

indeed

personally, I don't recall him taking a job and not making the team he was in charge of better

Fulham were very impressive under him and he performed a miracle with England in the last euro's imo

He's done some good jobs but he was doing a terrible job at Liverpool when they ousted him

He's done some good jobs but he was doing a terrible job at Liverpool when they ousted him

He inherited a terrible squad with an undroppable captain who was a liability, he made them harder to beat but wasn't given the opportunity to work on anything else.

indeed

I agree with most of that, the problem for Hodgson is ( being manager of England) that a lot of fans were brainwashed ( by the media) that the only/best man for the England job was " rent a quote", despite him never being in the running by the FA and would be as critical of whoever got the job. ( imo)

I agree with most of that, the problem for Hodgson is ( being manager of England) that a lot of fans were brainwashed ( by the media) that the only/best man for the England job was " rent a quote", despite him never being in the running by the FA and would be as critical of whoever got the job. ( imo)

Come on mate, I can go dig it up, when Hodgson was appointed I said England will qualify easily for tournaments, play boring, uninspired football and go out in the first round after group stages ... and 99% of the time, that's exactly what it is.

England's problems for the last 30 years can be put down to
- Uninspired coaching choices = think Hodgson, McClaren, Sven (how many fudging years of those 3)
- Picking players on name/club vs form
- Unable to play a best team vs. best players (Lampard & Gerrard in same team for how many years)
- Always taking injured/recently injured players to tournaments (Beckham, Rooney, Wheelchair, etc.)

and none of that has to do with Harry ...

Come on mate, I can go dig it up, when Hodgson was appointed I said England will qualify easily for tournaments, play boring, uninspired football and go out in the first round after group stages ... and 99% of the time, that's exactly what it is.

England's problems for the last 30 years can be put down to
- Uninspired coaching choices = think Hodgson, McClaren, Sven (how many fudgeing years of those 3)
- Picking players on name/club vs form
- Unable to play a best team vs. best players (Lampard & Gerrard in same team for how many years)
- Always taking injured/recently injured players to tournaments (Beckham, Rooney, Wheelchair, etc.)

and none of that has to do with Harry ...

Funny enough i can agree with most of that, however i keep hearing ( not always on here) that if " rent a quote " had got the job things would have gone/got better. You are not going to tell me that you have never heard the same?

Funny enough i can agree with most of that, however i keep hearing ( not always on here) that if " rent a quote " had got the job things would have gone/got better. You are not going to tell me that you have never heard the same?

I have .. no denying that

Obviously Alli and Kane got Hodgsoned like all the other players but on the evidence of what they showed over the 4 games at the Euros they should be waking up every morning and thanking their lucky stars Pocchettino is their manager.

How defenders are dealing with Kane at international level is how I thought it would pan out in his second season as well but fair play to the lad he scored 25 goals and proved his quality despite being a striker who for the most part looks like such a lumbering and cumbersome figure - it`s probably how he lulls defenders into a false sense of security and bam out of nowhere he scores.

As for Alli during last season I was wondering who exactly he was as a player and what exactly is it that he does on the pitch. After his first full season and Euros I still think he has an incredible knack to make darting runs at the right time which allows him to get into good positions and score more often than not but when it comes to all other aspects of his game I honestly don`t see any redeeming value.

I don`t find his dribbling, passing or even shooting to be anything to write home about, his overall game leaves a lot to be desired but one thing is sure - the ability to make late runs and time them to perfection is how he made a name for himself however he`ll need to work a lot on other aspects of his game if he wants to be a well rounded footballer. If I had to try to describe him as a player - Lampard without shooting ability comes to mind.

GHod bless them and their flawless views on football.

Back