• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

My biggest issue with LFC is the newer generation of fans, they weren't even there in the 80's, but have still managed to adopt the same deluded behaviour and mindset. Every single year, apart from possibly the last two, they think they're gonna win the league and their squad and first XI is arguably better than everyone else's. It's just bad luck and Fergie's conspiracies that have stoppedthem.

There's no doubt Scousers have delusions of grandeur because of their history. There's no doubt they are a brick team now and their fans can't really take it. There's no doubt that when they sing certain songs I mute my telly because I can't stand their accents. But there is also no doubt that they were the victims of Hillsborough and the dead deserve justice and that no matter how much I dislike them as a club, as a football fan I can still feel sympathy for what they have been through.

I remember when David Rocastle died, I was at Highbury the next day for the minutes silence. I hated him as Gooner, but he was dead and deserved our respect. Spurs fans respected the minutes silence, which is what makes us such a good club.

There's frankly a lot of posts here which could get infractions.
Have we ever considered a temporary lock on threads? 7 days to let them calm down? Could be goo for a few places...thoughts?

If this thread was about Hillsborough why wasn't it started and named as such. This thread is about Liverpool football club and it's loathsome fans. In response to your questions yes I've been to Liverpool following Spurs many times in my nearly 40 years following our club. I've also been on business a number of times. I loathe and detest the place, I hate Scousers and immediately turn of the radio if the Beatles or Gerry and the Pacemakers come on ( thankfully a rarity these days) MY Grandfather first took me from London to Liverpool some 40 years ago , a devout man who rarely cursed or swore he said to me " son, we are going to visit the ar5ehole of England. He was right in his assessment. IMHO I'm sorry for those families that lost people at Hillsborough, but as someone pointed out the Bradford fire victims haven't had a fraction of the publicity or sympathy that Liverpool has.

It probably would have been merged anyway. Judging from the comments in this thread, a Hillsborough thread would have more than likely degenerated into a slanging match just as this one has.

Each to their own. I like Liverpool as a place, as the people I have met there seem friendly enough. Accept that other people may have had bad experiences there and has put them off the place.

When it comes to the Bradford fire, it doesn't get mentioned as much because they are not as big as Liverpool is the best answer I can think of. Not saying that's right, that's just the way it is.

No I didn't post under either name. Nice to know I touched a nerve though...
You ve gotta a try a much harder wind up than what you re currently doing in order to achieve that.

Calling other posters tacos instead of addressing their points - big man. I hope you are dealt wih fairly

Being late, being drunk, pushing forward whatever!!

Fact is the police, the ground staff, the medical services and the FA were ill prepared for the visit of England's biggest club of that time. Safety checks were inadequate despite similar incidences in 81 and 88. Perimeter fences were a death trap, one ambulance was able to get into the ground and the police were running around like headless chickens.
To even suggest that the fans were somehow to blame for just being there is ridiculous.

It probably would have been merged anyway. Judging from the comments in this thread, a Hillsborough thread would have more than likely degenerated into a slanging match just as this one has.

Each to their own. I like Liverpool as a place, as the people I have met there seem friendly enough. Accept that other people may have had bad experiences there and has put them off the place.

When it comes to the Bradford fire, it doesn't get mentioned as much because they are not as big as Liverpool is the best answer I can think of. Not saying that's right, that's just the way it is.

A separate thread on the report would have been fine, but you're probably right about the outcome.

You ve gotta a try a much harder wind up than what you re currently doing in order to achieve that.

Calling other posters tacos instead of addressing their points - big man. I hope you are dealt wih fairly

I suggest you worry more about your own posts. No reason to start with the MLK/Spurs1957 nonsense. If you have a problem with a poster or post, report it.

OTE=ArcspacE;208201]You ve gotta a try a much harder wind up than what you re currently doing in order to achieve that.

Calling other posters tacos instead of addressing their points - big man. I hope you are dealt wih fairly[/QUOTE]

Of course I have. Have I upset you be calling someone a taco? Sorry i wanted to use c**t but remembered that the swear filter was a pain in the arse. Never knew Scousers were so hated Stateside. Do you work with an annoying Liverpool fan or something?

Im not pro Liverpool at all. Have said that before. Sing songs at Scousers etc, just hate seeing 'fans' like you make us look so stupid. Maybe you weren't around in 89, maybe it's a generation thing. It would be a bit like someone saying the people who died in 9/11 were at fault for not walking down the stairs when the plane hit, for example...

I was 11 in 1989 pal.! Those images were shocking in the papers and you wouldn't be normal if you were not moved by images in the paper showing them crushed against the fences. It was very emotional. They were innocent souls who sadly lost their lives.

The question is two fold, firstly are we saying the whole leppings lane end was 100% filled with teetotal Liverpool fans? Secondly, due to the hooliganism problem in that era, do you think that if the SYP delayed entry, they would all have politely agreed and sat down like good little souls in a school assembly?

Lets have a brief history lesson.

Back at the beginning of the 1980's, a rather nasty world economic recession had a catestrophic impact on some parts of this country. The worst affected were the old industrial areas of the north and midlands (heavily populated areas). Two of the worst affected areas were the north-west/Merseyside, and here in south Yorkshire. Huge numbers of people were made redundant, with scant alternatives available. Thatcher, who came to power in 1979, largely stood back and let whole swathes of industry and communities die in these areas. In fact she actively pursued the destruction of some (coalmining).

Meanwhile in the 1980's, London and the south-east had a renaissance..... the Thatcher yuppie years..... a second "you've never had it so good" period. And since.

The earlier, cultural, north-south divide, became very much of an economic one. Thirty years of a huge inbalance in this country has meant it is now pretty much two countries. Professor Dorling, a leading expert in this subject at Sheffield University, describes it as:

"some pockets of prosperity in the north (i.e. Leeds/some of Manchester), and some pockets of poverty in the south (east end/Dagenham etc)"

The area of Liverpool lost a huge number of jobs in the 1980's, and they have not been replaced in anything like the same numbers. Ditto in south Yorkshire. So is it any wonder that there are many on the dole queue there, and caught in the benefits trap. Smartarse comments about the dole queue/benefits/scroungers are rather unfair, to put it mildly. If the north had the same job, wages and prosperity opportunities as the south, it would be different.

When it comes to squandering money, Thatcher should stand trial for using North Sea oil revenue to fund mass 1980's unemployment, to achieve her political aims at the time.

Back