• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I suppose I'm thinking mostly of Owen, Essien, Gazza, Bullard maybe and Fowler - maybe even Anderson who is struggling to get back to fitness.

People like Xavi, Van Nistelrooy, Pires and Keane have done well after an ACL. I guess rehab may be even more advanced now but I suspect it depends how bad the injury was (what grade) and how many other knee ligaments were affected.

Not to mention me, who suffered an ACL tear in 2005. My knee got better in the end, but within a few years I was diagnosed with runner's knee. Today any form of running or football will make my knee swell up.

I'm not at all comparing myself to top athletes, but the last diagnosis I had, was definitely connected to the ACL tear and subsequent operation - which was successfully performed by this internationally reknowned ACL surgeon: http://www.osv.com.au/page.asp?lvl=2&id=6

So there is definitely a risk involved. Knee surgery is serious business.

Adam was a success at Blackpool but 99% of football fans knew full well he'd never make it at a bigger club (do you not remember the moans and groans on here when we had a last minute bid for him?). Comparing that fat waster adam with Sigurdsson is an insult to Sigurdsson (which is probably why Liverpool are linked with him as Daglish has finally come to his senses with Adam).

They love Adam on Rawk for reasons I cannot fathom.

Bullet dodged is the term that comes to mind.

4 goals in the last 3 games, 2 away to wigan and 2 away to fulham.

Ah that explains it. I think there's a young lad in good goal scoring form for Blackpool right now too, think his name is Phillips ? Should try for him also. He's scored a goal.

Like KD said, he's been making it big since his Reading days. He was a fan favourite at Hoffenheim and to say all hell broke loose when he got loaned to Swansea is putting it mildly. The Lampard comparison is not far off IMO. He's a hard working lad, gets a lot of goals from midfield, great vision and strikes the ball better than most. At 22 years of age. Plus he's an Icelander which means he'll work his arse off for every penny we'd ever pay him(Please keep the IceSave jokes to a minimum...:oops:).

Ah that explains it. I think there's a young lad in good goal scoring form for Blackpool right now too, think his name is Phillips ? Should try for him also. He's scored a goal.

Who was banging on about Rickie Lambert for a while when he was in League One? Good shout, only 30.

Haha, come on mate. 5 goals and 2 assists in 9 games in the Premier League, including wins over City and the Scum(where he assisted the winning goal). Try harder. O:)

Still can't believe that at one time there were quite a few fans on this board who wanted us to sign Carlton cole, he really is, as he always has been, fudging brick. Would have been a rasiak calibe signing.
Astonishingly, he has somehow managed to play for England seven times :eek:

Haha, come on mate. 5 goals and 2 assists in 9 games in the Premier League, including wins over City and the Scum(where he assisted the winning goal). Try harder. O:)

Why don't you put your country allegience behind you for a second. If he is contunially doing this over the next few seasons in the PL he is worth looking at, but you dont go buying someone on a good run of form ffs. It's temporary.

Why don't you put your country allegience behind you for a second. If he is contunially doing this over the next few seasons in the PL he is worth looking at, but you dont go buying someone on a good run of form ffs. It's temporary.

I disagree, I could tell he was a class act the first time I saw him play for Swansea, which was his debut against Arsenal. He came on at half time with the scores at 1-1 and Swansea dominated the game in the second half with awesome attacking football, with Sigurdsson at the heart of it, setting up their winning goal. Average players can go on goalscoring runs when in form (Jermaine Jenas, Lee Hendrie etc), but you can tell from watching a player that has a good first touch and can move with the ball as well as being able to pick out a pass that he's got something about him.

Swansea have had a lot of players get bigged up this season by those who only watch them on MOTD. As well as Sigurdsson there's also Sinclair, Dyer, Vorm, Allen, Williams....the one I rate highest out of all of them is easily Sigurdsson.

I respectfully disagree. Of course I'm biased up to a certain degree, but the fact remains he was a superior player at Reading, good for Hoffenheim(before their new coach ruined the team) and has been superb for Swansea. Yes he's having a good run of form, but it's not like this is the first thing he's done in the world of football. He's done great everywhere he's been and is now proving he's ready for the Premier League. How can you say it's temporary?

If we wait to watch him do this over the next few seasons, he'll be at United or Inter and laughing in our faces when we show him interest. The point is to buy players before their price tag goes sky high isn't it? Here is a guy who's 22, has all the signs of a wonderful player and is on fire in the Premiership. What's not to like?

Swansea have had a lot of players get bigged up this season by those who only watch them on MOTD. As well as Sigurdsson there's also Sinclair, Dyer, Vorm, Allen, Williams....the one I rate highest out of all of them is easily Sigurdsson.

Vorm and Sigurdsson are the only two id take from Swansea

Swansea's secret is the team, not so much individuals. The likes of Sinclair, Dyer, Allen are perfect for their system of play but take them out of it and i think they would struggle

the keeper and the Icelander though......top individual talents that can go right to the top in any UK team

I respectfully disagree. Of course I'm biased up to a certain degree, but the fact remains he was a superior player at Reading, good for Hoffenheim(before their new coach ruined the team) and has been superb for Swansea. Yes he's having a good run of form, but it's not like this is the first thing he's done in the world of football. He's done great everywhere he's been and is now proving he's ready for the Premier League. How can you say it's temporary?
If we wait to watch him do this over the next few seasons, he'll be at United or Inter and laughing in our faces when we show him interest. The point is to buy players before their price tag goes sky high isn't it? Here is a guy who's 22, has all the signs of a wonderful player and is on fire in the Premiership. What's not to like?

Because he has not proven himself season in season out. I'm quite frankly sick and tired of someone scoring a goal and all of a sudden are good enough to play for us or good enough for an England call up. The same people were calling for Elmander to join Spurs, he went to Gala on a free. He also had a good goal scoring bit of form and is utter pish. Who's to say he is not playing for a contract as he is on loan ? Lots of players do it. The contract comes and they spend a lot of time on the bench.

Let's say hypothetically we were to buy him. We have Bale, Modric, Parker and Lennon across the middle, who do you drop ?

Wriggly, are there actually any players in world football who you are interested in? I'm not taking the pish, I am genuinely interested to know. Or do you expect the current squad to stay intact?

Wriggly, are there actually any players in world football who you are interested in? I'm not taking the pish, I am genuinely interested to know. Or do you expect the current squad to stay intact?

I don't just look at a player and say... 'Let's buy him' - I try and look at who we have and who the player in question is going to replace.

I don't just look at a player and say... 'Let's buy him' - I try and look at who we have and who the player in question is going to replace.

So let's say Ade and Saha leave in the summer (I think highly likely the former will). Or thinking long term given that our keepers are 41 and 38 years old...

Who would you be looking at?

Loic Remy? Llorente?

Or do you care not to speculate?

Let's say hypothetically we were to buy him. We have Bale, Modric, Parker and Lennon across the middle, who do you drop ?

I agree with this, though not so much with the previous bit. Sigurdsson's nothing new; he was a massive talent at Reading, and shone in the brief time he was uninjured at Hoffenheim as well. He's very talented, no doubt. However, I agree; with Bale, Modric, Parker and Lennon our first-choice midfielders, and Rafa our first choice AM, we don't have much space to give him regular game time.

Back