• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

What kind of a flimflam deal is that?

Pay up the whole sum front or jog on. Ridiculous if true

Let's bid 4m for Wayne Rooney and pay off the rest over 6 seasons

It's called paying in installments. Very common practise especially if the transfer fee is high. Nothing strange here, move along Barca basher.

It's certainly a problem, but look how much weaker we've been when either Bale or Lennon aren't playing. We need another winger with pace.

I would expect that we will need to sell a few this summer to raise finances.

Bassong - ?ú5m
Corluka - ?ú5m
Jenas - ?ú4m
Gomes - ?ú4m
Dos Santos - ?ú3m
Bentley - whatever we can get

That's ?ú21m there. It's also quite likely that we'll sell Kranjcar and Pienaar which could raise another ?ú10m.

If we have a "new business" budget of about ?ú20m, that would give us a total spend of about ?ú50m to get two strikers, a winger and a centre-back.

I think I read somewhere there's an 8 million euro fee for Corluka if Leverkusen want to buy him.

Not really the point though if they can't afford him.

correct

Hoffenheim would probably let him go for around 10 mill (they make a habit of selling their best players for low sums (Demba Ba, Ibisevic, Gustavo) but even 10 mill is too much for Swansea.

Rodgers had him at Reading for the 6 months he was the manager, they must have made a positive impression on each other

Why cant they afford him? I cant imagine them with their PL money not being able to deal with Reading.

Its a lot of effort to put in for a short term deal.

Of course if he keeps them up its worth it, but it just seems like an odd deal to me.

Also, with us, I know we often agree a loan with an option to buy - wouldnt be at all surprised if this were the case here.

Have I missed something, has Sigurdsson scored a goal recently ?

he scores goals from midfield all the time, at Redaing, at Hoffenheim and now at Swansea.

and not bricky goals off the back of his arse either. He can score from distance in open play as well as free kicks, makes late Lampardesque runs into the area to get on the end of crossed balls.

a young player with a very bright future.

I think I read somewhere there's an 8 million euro fee for Corluka if Leverkusen want to buy him.

I have lost track of what he is doing or how he is playing lately, anybody know? When you factor money into the equation, we have to accept that city have the financial power, we can get top three and it will help massively. As long as nothing dishonest happens i.e re writing history here a bit but a tapping up for example of one of our targets is always an issue,

Why cant they afford him? I cant imagine them with their PL money not being able to deal with Reading.

Of course if he keeps them up its worth it, but it just seems like an odd deal to me.

Also, with us, I know we often agree a loan with an option to buy - wouldnt be at all surprised if this were the case here.

Some Swans fans think they can get him for about 5 million, others for 6-8. Either way it will be a record transfer and Rodgers has said Swansea may break the 5 million mark in the summer, I guess it depends on their league position and how much money they get from that.

Sigurdsson left Reading in 2010 to join Hoffenheim, 6 mill permanent deal iirc

He has done well there, however i think they had a change of manager, plus some behind the scenes shenanigans and as a result they are all over the place as a club and as i mentioned earlier make a habit of selling their best players for less than their normal value

I have lost track of what he is doing or how he is playing lately, anybody know? When you factor money into the equation, we have to accept that city have the financial power, we can get top three and it will help massively. As long as nothing dishonest happens i.e re writing history here a bit but a tapping up for example of one of our targets is always an issue,

Updates on every game he's played in are in the loan thread, in a nutshell he's been injured since an international friendly on the 29th of Feb with a hamstring injury, may be back the coming weekend. Leverkusen fans want him to stay as he's been performing well and has had a couple of assists, one against Barcelona in the CL.

Updates on every game he's played in are in the loan thread, in a nutshell he's been injured since an international friendly on the 29th of Feb with a hamstring injury, may be back the coming weekend. Leverkusen fans want him to stay as he's been performing well and has had a couple of assists, one against Barcelona in the CL.

Thanks zin, and by the way loving the avatar

Why do you want to sell Defoe?

Defoe is turning 30 in the fall and has a contract that expire in the summer of 2014.
Considering he's a 442 striker that struggle for game time, this might be our last chance to recoup good money on him.
Can't see him signing a new contract, will be looking for more game time. Has reason to feel overlooked this season.
The wise thing to do would be to sell him and reinvest the money in a younger player that fit our system better.

Defoe is turning 30 in the fall and has a contract that expire in the summer of 2014.
Considering he's a 442 striker that struggle for game time, this might be our last chance to recoup good money on him.
Can't see him signing a new contract, will be looking for more game time. Has reason to feel overlooked this season.
The wise thing to do would be to sell him and reinvest the money in a younger player that fit our system better.

Same logic for Pienaar then? He's just turned 30 but his expires in 2015.

Another ruined thread
Wookie - Affelay wouldn't command a fee of 30m, imv plus Rossi looks almost certain to move considering his currrent club's position so the price could be reasonable if there are some clauses in his contract dependant on club's finishing position?

10 mill for Afellay and about 20 mill for Rossi.

Villareal are in deep brick, on the verge of dropping into the relegation places, heavily in debt, Rossi is a major asset of course but they are in no position to demand big money for him. anyway, 20 mill is an excellent sum for him

Afellay is surplus to requirement. Barca have plenty of players without the need for him, so they will take 10 mill or less.

We cant pay big transfer fees, big salaries, so we have to be smart in the market. Buying two top players coming back from injuries is an opportunity for us, like buying decrepit homes and lovingly restoring them back to their former glories.

Sorry guys, should have said, that was a combined price... I think ?ú30m - ?ú40m on two crocked players is a MASSIVE gamble. Both certainly look good. I'd actually be more keen to spend a bigger chunk on Rossi as I think Affelay would be a luxury. Seeing as Barca got him for practically nothing, I'd be happy to spend less than Ôé¼10m... That's Euro's mind.

Rossi I would guess we would have to get towards ?ú20m though... Could be worth it if he doesn't break down again.

Not sure Pienaar has the same value,
but I would sell if there's serious interest in him yes.
Not sure he has a position in the team,
we're in need of Bale and Lennon challengers/back up
that can come in for them and provide the same pacy threat going forward.
Pienaar is completely different and have struggled to perform for us.
Very uneccesary signing in my opinon, one of our best paid players as well

Not sure Pienaar has the same value,
but I would sell if there's serious interest in him yes.
Not sure he has a position in the team,
we're in need of Bale and Lennon challengers/back up
that can come in for them and provide the same pacy threat going forward.
Pienaar is completely different and have struggled to perform for us.
Very uneccesary signing in my opinon, one of our best paid players as well

Yes, he favoured position seems to be left mid, coming into the middle, same as Kranjcar so not sure what the point of 2 players, neither of which are first choice, are doing as backup to Bale who is nothing like them.

Back