• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Man Utd's team:
Jones - bought for ridiculous money from a struggling relegation battling Blackburn.
Smalling - also bought for ridiculous money after looking less than impressive for an average Fulham side.
Cleverley - sure, he's home grown, but he failed to impress at Wigan last season.
Welbeck - on loan at Sunderland last season, didn't look like a Man Utd player, yet this season he's been key.

Chelsea's team:
Cahill - bought from a relegation battling Bolton for a large sum.

Emirates Marketing Project's team:
Johnson - signed from a CHAMPIONSHIP club!
Barry - average player, gets a brick load of games there.

Even looking at our team we've signed players with raw potential, who are now key players for our team. Bale and Lennon were BOTH signed from the Championship. Kaboul was signed from a relegation battling Portsmouth, Huddlestone and Parker were both signed from Championship clubs, Dawson was signed from a Champioship club, Walker and Rose also both signed from Championship clubs.

In fact you could argue the only big name signings we've made in our first team are van der Vaart from Real Madrid and arguably Adebayor from Emirates Marketing Project and even thats on loan. Yet we are competing for the Champions League and at one stage half way into the season, the title.

Moses is a raw talent, quick, skilful, someone who is like-for-like for both Lennon and Bale if both need a rest as apposed to playing the likes of Kranjcar or Pienaar in their positions who are both quite clearly different sorts of players.

Man Utd's team:
Jones - bought for ridiculous money from a struggling relegation battling Blackburn.
Smalling - also bought for ridiculous money after looking less than impressive for an average Fulham side.
Cleverley - sure, he's home grown, but he failed to impress at Wigan last season.
Welbeck - on loan at Sunderland last season, didn't look like a Man Utd player, yet this season he's been key.

Chelsea's team:
Cahill - bought from a relegation battling Bolton for a large sum.

Emirates Marketing Project's team:
Johnson - signed from a CHAMPIONSHIP club!
Barry - average player, gets a brick load of games there.

Wellbeck and Cleverly are academy products

The others - were performing on a solid level for at least one (1) season not 2-3 games. Happens all the time on here as soon as someone strings a few decent performances together.

Wellbeck and Cleverly are academy products

The others - were performing on a solid level for at least one (1) season not 2-3 games. Happens all the time on here as soon as someone strings a few decent performances together.

I know they are but they both had Premier League stints at other clubs and didn't look at all that good, not good enough for Man Utd anyway.

Thing is Moses has been like this all season. it's just now Wigan are starting to do well, that he's getting all this praise when he's been playing this way all season, just I guess you don't tend to get praise when you're down at the bottom unless a) you're already well known or b) you score a brick load of goals

Here are some of the names thrown about based on form in recent years

- Odemwingwe
- Brunt
- Long
- Yakubu (lol)
- Hoilett
- Sigurdsson
- Moses
- Dyer
- etc.

Not a single one of those players would improve our starting 11 - our first and fore-most priority this summer. In addition - we have around 8 squad player whom ALL need be shifted first in order to possibly bring in new ones. Not to mention the strain on our wage budget added to fact most of our squad players are actively looking to leave

... and as chairman he's got every right to do so as we save up for a big investment in the new stadium.
but he's got no reason not to spend more heavily with stronger gate fees after the stadium is done.

Levy does have every right - but then people shouldnt come on here accusing Harry of getting in loans when im sure Harry gets told at the last minute by Levy that negotiations have fallen through cos of the haggling.

- Odemwingwe
- Brunt
- Long
- Yakubu (lol)
- Hoilett
- Sigurdsson
- Moses
- Dyer
- etc.

Not a single one of those players would improve our starting 11 - our first and fore-most priority this summer. In addition - we have around 8 squad player whom ALL need be shifted first in order to possibly bring in new ones. Not to mention the strain on our wage budget added to fact most of our squad players are actively looking to leave

Really? I think our first XI is good enough if I'm honest, the first half of the season showed that. As soon as injuries hit and players got tired, that's where the problem was.

---------------Adebayor---------------------
---------van der Vaart----------------------
-----Bale-Modric-Sandro/Parker-Lennon
-----BAE - Gallas - Kaboul - Walker-------
--------------Friedel--------------------------

For example, we're not going to be able to get someone better than Lennon, without losing Lennon in the long run. He wouldn't be happy to sit it out on the bench. I've included Parker and Sandro in our first XI, because I believe both are quality players but for every other spot in the team the back up is not good enough, that's the main issue for me.

Last edited:
Levy does have every right - but then people shouldnt come on here accusing Harry of getting in loans when im sure Harry gets told at the last minute by Levy that negotiations have fallen through cos of the haggling.

I have no doubt there is some truth in that, however we have missed out of big names because Redknapp has dithered.

Really? I think our first XI is good enough if I'm honest, the first half of the season showed that. As soon as injuries hit and players got tired, that's where the problem was.

For example, we're not going to be able to get someone better than Lennon, without losing Lennon in the long run. He wouldn't be happy to sit it out on the bench.

We need a quality CB, a quality ACM, and a quality CF, imv (assuming Modric and Bale both stay - unlikely). I've said it before countless of times - I rather see us bring one quality signing than 3 Steven Piennars for 'cover' whom would most likely end up costing more in wages and have 1/3 of the impact. Then be loaned to Reading in January

for me this summer we need to work more on the squad than directly for the first team - assuming we can keep the players here then we need a striker (hopefully Adebayor will be signed) and a CB to partner Kaboul - other than that i can see us only going for solid back up options or players with potential

---------------Adebayor---------------------
---------van der Vaart----------------------
Bale - Modric - Sandro/Parker - Lennon
BAE - Gallas - Kaboul - Walker
--------------Friedel--------------------------

For example, we're not going to be able to get someone better than Lennon, without losing Lennon in the long run. He wouldn't be happy to sit it out on the bench. I've included Parker and Sandro in our first XI, because I believe both are quality players but for every other spot in the team the back up is not good enough, that's the main issue for me.

Agreed.

We need to fill out the squad, and have quality players that can come in and perform so we don't have to lose our flow while injuries occure.

If we can get Vertonghen in at centre back then our first 11 will be class, provided we can get Ade back or we'll have to replace him too. Other than that, it's difficult to say where real realistic improvements can be made, unless of course we sell Bale/Modric which will then make it obvious where a space needs to be filled. Our current first choice 11 with Vertonghen added can give anyone in the country a game.

We may need a goalkeeper for the long term but it's not as if Friedel has been so bad that he's made it a pressing issue. We will have Naughton coming back to cover right back. We will need left back cover. We desperately need someone with pace to cover the wings when Lennon or Bale are out meaning someone like Moses or Hoilett would definitely be a good signing - I can't imagine many better players willing to come here to be back up or rotate. We then need some good strikers to give us a bit of depth, maybe a VDV understudy and an Ade understudy so we can play the same system.

First 11 though, really isn't that bad at all.

Agreed.

We need to fill out the squad, and have quality players that can come in and perform so we don't have to lose our flow while injuries occure.

If we can get Vertonghen in at centre back then our first 11 will be class, provided we can get Ade back or we'll have to replace him too. Other than that, it's difficult to say where real realistic improvements can be made, unless of course we sell Bale/Modric which will then make it obvious where a space needs to be filled. Our current first choice 11 with Vertonghen added can give anyone in the country a game.

We may need a goalkeeper for the long term but it's not as if Friedel has been so bad that he's made it a pressing issue. We will have Naughton coming back to cover right back. We will need left back cover. We desperately need someone with pace to cover the wings when Lennon or Bale are out meaning someone like Moses or Hoilett would definitely be a good signing - I can't imagine many better players willing to come here to be back up or rotate. We then need some good strikers to give us a bit of depth, maybe a VDV understudy and an Ade understudy so we can play the same system.

First 11 though, really isn't that bad at all.

You are missing one very important point - improving our current 11 automatically 'relegates' some the current starters to squad players which is a much, much better (and cheaper long-term) option instead of stock-piling on average dross.

Assuming we bring in Hazard (15% chance probably) - Lennon would most likely become part of a rotation system and better than any other RW cover we can bring for him. So one quality signing equals a great squad player in return - 1=2. Crazy brick, I know.

You say 'fill out' the squad - sorry but have you looked at our team roster recently - we have a good 8-10 fringe player with little to no impact / future / useful contribution to this club all of whom are costing us a fortune in wages. We need to CLEAR the squad first and foremost, imv

Last edited:
for me this summer we need to work more on the squad than directly for the first team - assuming we can keep the players here then we need a striker (hopefully Adebayor will be signed) and a CB to partner Kaboul - other than that i can see us only going for solid back up options or players with potential

spot on.

I really think Shane Long could flourish in our side. He has good holdup play for his size and he could score loads more with decent service imo. I think he could be good cover for Ade/VDV and a younger replacement of Defoe. Fletcher is another player who could be a decent shout.

Don't be silly, Shane Long played in the Championship and Fletcher came from the SPL.. they're not big names, so we can't sign them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are missing one very important point - improving our current 11 automatically 'relegates' some the current starters to squad players which is a much, much better (and cheaper long-term) option instead of stock-piling on average dross.

Assuming we bring in Hazard (15% chance probably) - Lennon would most likely become part of a rotation system and better than any other RW cover we can bring for him. So one quality signing equals a great squad player in return - 1=2. Crazy brick, I know.

You say 'fill out' the squad - sorry but have you looked at our team roster recently - we have a good 8-10 fringe player with little to no impact / future / useful contribution to this club all of whom are costing us a fortune in wages. We need to CLEAR the squad first and foremost, imv

until the ground is sorted or we get a massive influx of money it's going to be a pretty hard job to bring in players better than the first XI we have and if we were to do that we wouldn't be able to have a current first team player sitting on the bench earning their current wage

We need a quality CB, a quality ACM, and a quality CF, imv (assuming Modric and Bale both stay - unlikely). I've said it before countless of times - I rather see us bring one quality signing than 3 Steven Piennars for 'cover' whom would most likely end up costing more in wages and have 1/3 of the impact. Then be loaned to Reading in January

Do you feel that our need for a winger (even if Bale stays) is as important as the CB and ACM positions? What about LB?

CB is a strange one, but what it comes down to for me is that we have a pairing which could have a future, a future of stability. No more of King coming in for a week and ruining his body being unable to do things that a premier leage centre back needs to do, or Gallas popping in for a couple of games then being out for the next couple of months.

I'm obviously perhaps getting ahead of myself as they haven't played together, but our best hope of having a centre back pairing with longevity and balance in terms of attributes is Caulker and Kaboul. One is 20 and one is 26. We already have both of them, therefore a ridiculous amount of money doesn't have to be spent. From what I've seen of Caulker (I have followed him for a long time) is that he is a cultured defender, a reader of the game, wheras Kaboul imo is more of a physical presence, a beast. For a solid CB pairing you need both, the Vidic to the Ferdinand, the Terry to the Carvalho, the Puyol to the Pique, the Lescott to the Kompany.

Obviously a back up is needed and as Caulker and Kaboul have the makings of a solid and consistent backline, that back up has to be versatile in order to get time on the pitch. Sadly this leaves Dawson as an issue, he gives his all for the club but is unfortunately un-versatile and worringly injury prone in recent years. If he were to be replaced by someone of a similar ilk to Vertonghen then we'd have a more stable defence. Being able to come in to CB is important but also LB as well, Rose needs time to mature, and he'll only do this by playing football elsewhere on loan.

- Odemwingwe
- Brunt
- Long
- Yakubu (lol)
- Hoilett
- Sigurdsson
- Moses
- Dyer
- etc.

Exactly, these are the Stoke, Everton etc type of players. How many of them would make it into the Chelsea side that will finish 6th ? None, so why are they good enough for a side that may finish 4th and 2 places above them.

until the ground is sorted or we get a massive influx of money it's going to be a pretty hard job to bring in players better than the first XI we have and if we were to do that we wouldn't be able to have a current first team player sitting on the bench earning their current wage

There are quite a number of quality players out there who wouldn't cost 150k/week or plunge us into insolvency.

In addition - 3 squad players would cost more in wages than 1 marquee signing (of our calibre)

Back