• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I would take 50 million + Adebayor, Johnson & De Jong.

That would be one oalmighty deal. Never going to happen though.

That's difficult. A ton of money, a starter, a back up for both wings and another DM.

Wages might make that tough. I don't know what De Jong is on, I assume Johnson isn't on too much.

But of all the players, De Jong is probably the one we don't need. We have Parker and Sandro...

Johnson would be useful... Ade is probably the type of striker that best fits our requirements for a lone striker, he has his faults, but are there better strikers that we could get?

I think I'd rather trade him for Higuain, Sahin, Kaka, a CB (they were looking to sell Pepe in January, he's a very very technically skilled defender, with amazing passing, but his nasty streak and his overacting wreck him for me, if he behaved, then he's a ?ú30 mil CB)... I don't know how much Real Madrid value all those players at, but:

World Class Striker - We need one, Higuain is one.

Kaka - Can play in VDV's position or on the wings. (Bale going would leave us one wing short.)

Pepe - The ball playing CB we need... He would have to behave though.

Sahin - Amazing young player.

Real Madrid are looking to sell 3 of those 4 and the other is Higuain and he wants to go. (Real Madrid just don't want him to.)

They might have changed their mind about Pepe, they did transfer list him in January although I don't think Mourinho wanted him to go. I can't remember him doing anything nasty since stepping on Messi's fingers. (He did argue with a referee, but that's not the same.)

Yes, Kaka isn't the player he was at AC Milan, but he has been very very very good this season. He's 30. That Harry Redknapp magic should work on Kaka?

The other option for CB is Carvahlo, but he has gone downhill rapidly this season. He's 33 anyway, so isn't a long term option. Pepe is 29.

Higuain is only 24. Sahin is 23.

-----------

Of course, we could just keep Bale, spend our entire transfer kitty on those Real Madrid players, hope we don't end up tripling our wage bill and try to win the league? Just a dream? :p

?ú25m + two players that realistically have no long term future at Emirates Marketing Project for our most valuable player. Yeah why don't we just pull down our shorts, and bend over and whistle as they rape us?

This! fudge Emirates Marketing Project if they want one of our best players lets rape them, not the other way round!

Think we need to have a look at Barrios at Dortmund. Only started 3 games this season and banged in a hat trick last week. Still only 27 aswell.

Fuego,

There is not a chance in hell Higuain or Pepe would leave one of the Top 3 biggest clubs in the world, competing for every single trophy each season, with wages close to 200k a week to come and play for us on quarter of that, competing for 4th place every season. Let's be realistic guys, please.

Fuego,

There is not a chance in hell Higuain or Pepe would leave one of the Top 3 biggest clubs in the world, competing for every single trophy each season, with wages close to 200k a week to come and play for us on quarter of that, competing for 4th place every season. Let's be realistic guys, please.

I've always wondered why Rafa was on such a relatively paltry wage at RM. Must have a poor agent, maybe needs a Dantchev (in all senses of the word).

Higuain wants to leave Madrid to get 1st team football. I didn't know his wages, although I did expect them to be high, although Ade's are high. (That said, Higuain has a chance of moving to a club that'll keep paying him high wages.)

He's linked with Chelsea but they might not get CL football next year, would he leave one of the top 3 clubs in the world for 1st team football and not join a CL club?

Pepe is on 200k a week? As a CB? Even Emirates Marketing Project doesn't pay 200k a week to CBs. o_O He was transfer listed in January, so the Madrid board want him out. He's Mourinho's little soldier, so I don't think Mourinho wants him out or Pepe wants to go, but he was linked with Chelsea in January too.

Malaga are prepared to DOUBLE Gonzalo Higuain's Real Madrid wages to keep him in Spain.

Higuain is expected to leave Real this summer, with Chelsea, Arsenal and Juventus all making their interest known to his representatives.

However, big spending Malaga are also in the mix and have indicated they're prepared to offer Higuain a deal worth €7 million-a-year - twice what he currently earns, says Marca.

Malaga will make their bid formal should they qualify for next season's Champions League.

fudge. That can't be right though. That's only €134, 615 per week. Less than ?ú110k per week. That's double his wages? Pfffft, we can offer him a pay rise, even if we can't compete with Malaga's wages, but they can't compete with Real and Barca, even with their owner.

Pepe got a new contract in March, so I seriously doubt Real Madrid will sell him now.
The agreement will run to 2016 and sees Pepe’s wages jump from €1.8 million-a-year to €3.8 million-a-year.

That's affordable too.

Seriously though, Higuain was linked with Arsenal and Chelsea... If we get CL football, we can offer someone like that a starting place in our team and CL football.

Pepe's wages are affordable, but fudge that new contract.

Still, it's not likely that Bale will go to Real Madrid.

Also, Higuain's goalscoring this season has been fudging insane. He'd have a major effect.

Fuego - we cannot sign those players because our average wage is between 45-50k/week and those players wouldn't want to come to us and take 3-4 steps down in their careers. Sad but true - we need to accept that and look out for the next Berbatov or Hernandez instead

Think we need to have a look at Barrios at Dortmund. Only started 3 games this season and banged in a hat trick last week. Still only 27 aswell.

Already signed for Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande. Good player though and available fairly cheaply, surprised some English, Spanish or Italian clubs weren't in for him.

This! fudge Emirates Marketing Project if they want one of our best players lets rape them, not the other way round!

I agree. The only problem is that a lot of the players we might want from City probably wouldn't want to come to us or are on massive wages.

Adebayor is the only obvious fit for me that is possible. We don't need De Jong with Parker and Sandro at the club, Johnson isn't good enough imo, Milner is decent, but no more and not a player type we need, Richards is best as a right back and we have Walker. Maybe Tevez.

Tevez and Adebayor + City paying most of their wages for 4 years so they'll sign for us and then add ?ú20-30m.

In the last few windows we have signed scott Parker brad friedel Ryan nelsen and Louis fudging Saha. And now we're all of a sudden sign gonzalo higuain? We're tottenham hotspur run by Daniel levy not Emirates Marketing Project with an endless amount of wealth

Lol, fine. But you wanted Coentrao and he wasn't even transfer listed. The wage issue isn't a huge issue though. We'd pay Ade 75k+ if he came... If those players came, they'd be on the same type of money as our highest earners rather than our average ones.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...tottenham-an-option-for-vertonghen-says-agent

That's at least an excellent CB option.

Coentrao was a Jose signing who was struggling to hold a place / was often played out of position so if Jose had left next month (highly unlikely now) he could have re-considered his options. I even mentioned at the time he'd be the least attainable of all LB options I listed.

Pepe is a regular and a great CB. Higuain scores around 30 goals / season for them

Last edited:
In the last few windows we have signed scott Parker brad friedel Ryan nelsen and Louis fudging Saha. And now we're all of a sudden sign gonzalo higuain? We're tottenham hotspur run by Daniel levy not Emirates Marketing Project with an endless amount of wealth

I don't think we'll sign Higuain either. Not because it would be impossible for us to sign him from Madrid, more because if he became available bigger clubs would be in for him and if they weren't already clubs he would rather go to they would offer more money than us. Good reasons to think that we will have some money to spend in the summer though, especially if we get into the CL.

Back