• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Of course but as i say why have an % at all if it's not to make money or use that % regardless how as a means of using the network it brings as a platform for influence.

Firstly i think countries owning football clubs is wrong on a huge number of levels.

To your point though i'm not sure if you own 2 clubs. If you sell a player from one club to another at an inflated fee it makes you any money? Selling mason to utd cleared them of ffp. I just don't see the benefit?

Saudi want the 2030 world cup. So yes are trying to get more influence.

A lot of them are also muslim which much be a factor in some players going there - Mahrez and Koulibaly for instance though obviously not everyone.

I get that and saudi is a rich country. But it's 47 degrees out there at the moment. How do you train? The training pitches can't be airconditioned.

Firstly i think countries owning football clubs is wrong on a huge number of levels.

To your point though i'm not sure if you own 2 clubs. If you sell a player from one club to another at an inflated fee it makes you any money? Selling mason to utd cleared them of ffp. I just don't see the benefit?

It would help your game grow domestically and help your international investment, in this case Chelsea progress, you would think that with that progress comes the value of the club rise.

At the end of the day I could be wrong

Last edited:
Its clearly somewhere in the middle and there is a factual conflict of interest in some cases. If I was a 5% stake holder in an investment fund I would want a return, if I could make a quip per quo deal between two of my owned entities in order to push things forward that I would do that, especially over dealing with a rival. It would be much more easily facilitated deals by picking the phone up to one of your business partners to do so than not. The same with Saudi Sportswashing Machine clearly. Liverpool have a long standing academy in Saudi and there is major talk they are the next target for take over.

Just because not all deals follow that same pattern (Many are freebies so no club connections) does not mean that those conflicts don't exist. Made even more murky that PIF now own 4 clubs in Saudi so the whole distribution of money throughout the game becomes more complex.

If people don't think that money won't be passed around more freely between clubs of similar interest as Roman was doing with his European Brass Plating and similar club ownership then I would say they are being naive TBH

No one is out to get us but it’s clearly the way of life that people will deal more freely with people they have association with than not. It’s only going to get worse too.
So how much over the odds are Saudi going to pay for a player to try to influence the value of what is effectively a 2.5% stake in Chelsea?

No investor in clearlake has more than 5% of the funds. Clesrlake own 51% of chelsea. So max the saudis own 2.5% of chelsea through clearlake.
That’s assuming their is only one Saudi investor in Clearlake of course
We know that they lie (Saudi) about who and was is investing and controlling the money

That’s assuming their is only one Saudi investor in Clearlake of course
We know that they lie (Saudi) about who and was is investing and controlling the money

Well the story about the saudis owning chelsea, came from the fact the wealth fund had invested with them. It's that investment we are discussing.

Well the story about the saudis owning chelsea, came from the fact the wealth fund had invested with them. It's that investment we are discussing.
Yeah I get that
But as I say.. when it come to influencing markets we know that they lie about their controls and we know also that they literally want to disrupt the market
We also know they are happy owning teams in the same league

Yeah I get that
But as I say.. when it come to influencing markets we know that they lie about their controls and we know also that they literally want to disrupt the market
We also know they are happy owning teams in the same league

Saudi Arabia, the last bastion of anti corruption

Back