• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****** Tottenham Hotspur vs Stoke City OMT *******

Tbh I'm worried about Dawson and Caulker today.
Caulker was fudged up for two high balls against Everton leading to goals. And Dawson usually only plays well when he's next to an experienced defender who can talk him through the game.

I dont think we would need dempsey in this type of game. We need creativity and some magic to break down resolute teams like Stoke.

Caulker was fudged up for two high balls against Everton leading to goals. And Dawson usually only plays well when he's next to an experienced defender who can talk him through the game.

They done well v West Ham bar Caulkers late error to clear instead of letting it run to Lloris

Lol a few months ago we'd have been celebrating Dempsey being injured, how quick things change. Hope he's back soon

I wouldn't be worried at all. Both of them are excellent in the air and perfect for this type of game. AVB is picking the right players to face the right tactics against us. Also good that JV back to left back just for this game.

They done well v West Ham bar Caulkers late error to clear instead of letting it run to Lloris

They were fine with just Carroll upfront against the two of them. But when Cole came on and West Ham had 2 upfront they struggled I thought.

Jones and Walters definitely have the potential to bully them.

Think thats the best formation we could have hoped for. One of the problems with redknapp was he completely lacked any common sense. I.e. playing gallas when we wete playing against physical teams like Stoke.

Also worth mentioning that Naughton at LB and Verts at CB were excellent against Swansea, and it would have been a safe bet to field the same against Stoke. But i think its smart and totally makes sense using Verts at LB, theyre hardly going to attack down the wings...

I like it AVB! That's pretty much my first choice 11 apart from BAE at left back and Vertongen instead of caulker.

Plenty of height today to match them. Lets do this!

today is a game that will show why Lloris will be amazin for us. He will come out help the defence with those long balls, free kicks and throw ins. However I am also apprehensive as he may well make a mistake or two as that is the type of game he has in his locker.

An awful lot of confident people on here today.
I think we always struggle with our wingers against Stoke. Shawcross and Huth will clear crosses away all day. That's what they usually do against us.
To get at stoke you have to pass it through the middle, do them for pace. So we need big things from Dembele and we need Bale and Lennon cutting inside, Bale on the right even and Lennon on the left. We cant rely on traditional wing play to get us anything today.

The ref won it for Arsenal..why can't we just get a great big homer ref today?

how did the ref win it for Arsenal? and have you seen how many decisions we've had go are way this season?

believe me we have no right to moan about other teams getting favourable decisions this season.

Back