• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****** Tottenham Hotspur vs Stoke City OMT *******

PARKER ON POTTERS

Scott Parker insists we'll have to be at our best to beat Stoke on Saturday.

The Potters travel to White Hart Lane on a run of seven matches unbeaten having conceded just 13 goals in 17 matches in the Premier League this season.

That record - the best in the league in terms of goals conceded - includes being breached defensively just three times at the Britannia Stadium.

Tony Pulis' men have also lost just three times on the road with five draws in their nine matches so far.

"It will be a tough game," said Scott, who returned to Premier League action with a late substitute appearance in last week's win against Swansea.

"We all know what Stoke will bring to White Hart Lane and how they play.

"They are a well-organised team and Tony Pulis is well known for that, his organisation is different class.

"Individually, they’ve got some good players and as a team, they are a tough team to break down. We’ll have to be at our best and I’m sure we’ll do what we need to do to get the three points to continue our run."

This..

Better to believe he is fit enough to start and then if the worst happens he comes off injured than to have a doubt and throw him on at 60mins and have him pull up after we've already made changes.

If he's ready he starts.. best case scenario we are out of sight and he can come off anyway (fingers crossed!)

Even this train of thought, pulling him off after 60 mins I don't agree with. So long as he is fit, these for alleys were born to play this game. They should love it. They wouldn't want to come off, not play in fear of getting injured. That's why I love the attitude of the likes of Messi and Cristiano who just want to play as much as possible.

Even this train of thought, pulling him off after 60 mins I don't agree with. So long as he is fit, these for alleys were born to play this game. They should love it. They wouldn't want to come off, not play in fear of getting injured. That's why I love the attitude of the likes of Messi and Cristiano who just want to play as much as possible.

Bloody autocorrect, I meant these players* not 'for alleys'

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere. Wouldn't wish this on anyone, but good news for Gareth

Charlie hit by tragedy

CHARLIE ADAM is set to miss Stoke’s clash with Spurs on Saturday after the death of his father.
Adam, 27, has been granted compassionate leave and travelled to Scotland to be with his family.

Charlie Adam senior, who was just 50, was found hanged at his Dundee home on Monday.

Police say there were no suspicious circumstances.

Adam senior was a former footballer who played more than 250 games for St Johnstone, Dundee United and Partick Thistle between 1985 and 1994.

Stoke City said in a statement: “The club can confirm that Charlie Adam’s father has died in a tragic incident.

“All our thoughts are with Charlie and his family at this difficult time.”

It was, on page one. http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showth...ty-OMT-*******&p=270693&viewfull=1#post270693 (Mention of the death, not the circumstances)

As regards Adam Sr, it was probably the shame of seeing his son turn out to be a talentless nobody who regularly attempts career ending injuries on one the finest footballers in the world that finished him off. Stoke and Adam were made for each other.

Anyone remember this?
I @#$%& hate Stoke.

Usually I just hate them in the build-up and aftermath to us playing them, but take great pleasure in other teams struggling against them. No more. Maybe it's some newly found solidarity from other teams, or maybe it's just after however many years, I resent having to watch Tony Pulis' black arts. Like Sam Allardyce on Red Bull, trying to push the envelope and tour the ugliest back alleys for any way to get through a football match. Maybe each human being has a finite amount of space in their lives they can accept Stoke being part of, and I've exceeded mine. Whatever it is, I @#$%& hate Stoke.

I @#$%& hate their alehouse tactics. I @#$%& hate that a Stoke shirt seems to grant players a certain immunity. I hate that because referees expect Stoke to be overly physical, that seems to allow them - in their own tiny little minds - the excuse for Stoke to be overly physical. I'm sick of their @#$%& back four, all of whom look like proper Rugby League Town @#$%&, smacking their way around the league. Wilkinson's elbows, Huth's stamp, Ryan Shawcross and his peculiar brand of footballing Jiujitsu. In midfield you've got cynical @#$%& @#$%& Whitehead, who takes great pleasure in mastering the poorly timed trip, or Charlie Adam who is just tugboat slow and reckless. Top it off with that @#$%& Waters upfront. GHod I hate him. He's got the face of a badger baiter. Just a horrible, horrible collection players.

It's not a surprise though is it? In Tony Pulis you've got a really vile manager. Him and his stupid @#$%& baseball cap. All his pundit mates laugh off his teams; "well if you knew Tony as a player you'd know what his teams are like" - there's a @#$%& reason no one knows what sort of player he was. They simply don't care to remember some lower league yard dog, and cringe that they have to watch a team in his image. I'll give Pulis some credit though, never has a manager captured the essence of a town and it's people so well in how their team plays football than Stoke. He's such a horrible, overly macho @#$%&. The poster boy for British footballing culture, where a dive is sneaky and insidious and thus far worse than breaking a players leg with a horror tackle, elbowing someone in the face or stamping on their chest. The man has managed to usurp Mark Hughes and Sam Allardyce as the Wannabe Alpha of the league.

The fans, in amongst it all, I have some twisted sense of sympathy for. Tony Pulis' own personal Volkssturm of outcasts, trudging along every (other) week out of some misplaced sense of duty. Duty to protect their birth place. All off on a march to their death. A football death. A football death that couldn't be further removed from the one Rodgers speaks of. Off to the windy vortex of misery, void of hope. the great architecture of schadenfreude. "If we can't enjoy football then neither can you". The essence of Stoke.

Stoke. That horrible @#$%& verb.

1) Stoke.
To remove joy and purpose from the occasion

Tony Pulis was delighted to stoke Liverpool at the football match

Just @#$%& off, Stoke. Not even down the lower leagues, because if that happens some poor @#$%& will be stuck paying to watch his team run the Stoke gauntlet, being told to 'embrace' the challenge. Nah. @#$%& that. @#$%& this idea that defeating Dr Pulis' Monster is some kind of footballing achievement. They're removed almost entirely from the sport. Stoke a horrid mixture of shotput, 11 players cynically fouling on rotation, and set pieces. That's the @#$%& Stoke credo right there. If it's not a set play you can't control what's happening, so you foul, and get another set play.

I'm not against physicality in football. I'm not against the odd bit of cynicism. But I'm not having the defence of Stoke. It's pure anti-football. They routinely turn up to games against any team to make sure the ball is out of play as much as possible. That is not a worthwhile tactic. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Last edited:
Isn't it sad that we have worry about all these things regarding Bale, so that it might well be that in a game where we really need what he has to offer we can't play him, because basically refs won't do their jobs and Stoke are the Antichrists of football.

Basically we're letting the bad guys win by default, but as I say I do understand why we're doing it if that's what we let happen. It'll bloody hurt though if it costs us CL come May.
This
This crap about Bale not playing is stupid. He needs to man up...and the rest of you, boohoo Stoke are nasty, Adam is a thug. Our boys aren't exactly little guys who should get bullied. Stoke do what they do, if we are a better side than we should prove it on the park

Edit: harsh on Bale, he wants to play I'm sure
And that.

Opposition fans talking bollox: :-"

Spurs 24 shots against Swansea last Sunday. That's 1 every 4 minutes. 16 on target and 8 off target.

Swansea managed 4 shots all off target.

If we drop back as far and as deep as Swansea did and Defoe has packed his shooting boots it could be a very long 90 minutes for Bego, Stoke City and us traveling fans.

Just hope we can somehow manage to hold on to the ball a bit better and at least give them something to think about at the other end.

If we can't keep the unbeaten run going then at the very least we don't don't want to go in to the Liverpool game on Boxing Day on the back of a real hiding.

Must admit I have rarely felt less optimistic about a game. Still, I should temper that remark with the observation that I always expect us to lose on the road

No Way!

How can this be?

I thought it was the kind of footballing philosophy of the likes of Swansea that meant you had loads more of the ball, and therefore most of the chances.

Surely you jest.

Well they haven't walloped anybody this season, and only have 2 clean sheets at home. No reason why we should fear a battering, in fact of the 'bigger' clubs this is one ground that hasn't been too bad for us.

I've got a feeling we may get a man sent off on Saturday. Lennon, Bale, and Defoe are just a bit too quick and sharp for our big lads. Could be a long afternoon.......

Lennon gets fudge all from us whenever we play Spuds, and isn't Bale doubtful? He didn't play against Swansea.
Always look on the bright side........de de de de de de

Bale will be 10 yards away from Ryan,then think fudge it,I'm going down now,just incase he tries to tackle me.

Nah, Bale will drop kick Shawcross in the Spurs box and they will be awarded a penalty. Shawcross will be sent off for inciting the drop kick and the penalty will be because the linesman saw the incident but confused our box with theirs.

Bale is apparently fit enough to play this weekend.

I have to say that Spurs are a completely different proposition when he plays and I'll be honest and admit that I don't fancy our chances this weekend!

Why we should look to (or the way expressed by some posters here, demand) Bale to man up? Eventhough he is earning in months what ordinary worker can only earn in his/her lifetime, but he has a bright future ahead of him.

IF let say, my customer wants me to take on a dangerous assignment (that's not part of our contractual obligation) that could render me crippled and unable to earn a living to feed my family, I will tell him to stay away from me.

Bale who has been training all week should play, thats what we pay him for, if he is that good we can take him off when we are 3-0 up, Dawson to start and Dempsey in the hole for me.

It was, on page one. http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showth...ty-OMT-*******&p=270693&viewfull=1#post270693 (Mention of the death, not the circumstances)

As regards Adam Sr, it was probably the shame of seeing his son turn out to be a talentless nobody who regularly attempts career ending injuries on one the finest footballers in the world that finished him off. Stoke and Adam were made for each other.

Anyone remember this?
I @#$%& hate Stoke.

Usually I just hate them in the build-up and aftermath to us playing them, but take great pleasure in other teams struggling against them. No more. Maybe it's some newly found solidarity from other teams, or maybe it's just after however many years, I resent having to watch Tony Pulis' black arts. Like Sam Allardyce on Red Bull, trying to push the envelope and tour the ugliest back alleys for any way to get through a football match. Maybe each human being has a finite amount of space in their lives they can accept Stoke being part of, and I've exceeded mine. Whatever it is, I @#$%& hate Stoke.

I @#$%& hate their alehouse tactics. I @#$%& hate that a Stoke shirt seems to grant players a certain immunity. I hate that because referees expect Stoke to be overly physical, that seems to allow them - in their own tiny little minds - the excuse for Stoke to be overly physical. I'm sick of their @#$%& back four, all of whom look like proper Rugby League Town @#$%&, smacking their way around the league. Wilkinson's elbows, Huth's stamp, Ryan Shawcross and his peculiar brand of footballing Jiujitsu. In midfield you've got cynical @#$%& @#$%& Whitehead, who takes great pleasure in mastering the poorly timed trip, or Charlie Adam who is just tugboat slow and reckless. Top it off with that @#$%& Waters upfront. GHod I hate him. He's got the face of a badger baiter. Just a horrible, horrible collection players.

It's not a surprise though is it? In Tony Pulis you've got a really vile manager. Him and his stupid @#$%& baseball cap. All his pundit mates laugh off his teams; "well if you knew Tony as a player you'd know what his teams are like" - there's a @#$%& reason no one knows what sort of player he was. They simply don't care to remember some lower league yard dog, and cringe that they have to watch a team in his image. I'll give Pulis some credit though, never has a manager captured the essence of a town and it's people so well in how their team plays football than Stoke. He's such a horrible, overly macho @#$%&. The poster boy for British footballing culture, where a dive is sneaky and insidious and thus far worse than breaking a players leg with a horror tackle, elbowing someone in the face or stamping on their chest. The man has managed to usurp Mark Hughes and Sam Allardyce as the Wannabe Alpha of the league.

The fans, in amongst it all, I have some twisted sense of sympathy for. Tony Pulis' own personal Volkssturm of outcasts, trudging along every (other) week out of some misplaced sense of duty. Duty to protect their birth place. All off on a march to their death. A football death. A football death that couldn't be further removed from the one Rodgers speaks of. Off to the windy vortex of misery, void of hope. the great architecture of schadenfreude. "If we can't enjoy football then neither can you". The essence of Stoke.

Stoke. That horrible @#$%& verb.

1) Stoke.
To remove joy and purpose from the occasion

Tony Pulis was delighted to stoke Liverpool at the football match

Just @#$%& off, Stoke. Not even down the lower leagues, because if that happens some poor @#$%& will be stuck paying to watch his team run the Stoke gauntlet, being told to 'embrace' the challenge. Nah. @#$%& that. @#$%& this idea that defeating Dr Pulis' Monster is some kind of footballing achievement. They're removed almost entirely from the sport. Stoke a horrid mixture of shotput, 11 players cynically fouling on rotation, and set pieces. That's the @#$%& Stoke credo right there. If it's not a set play you can't control what's happening, so you foul, and get another set play.

I'm not against physicality in football. I'm not against the odd bit of cynicism. But I'm not having the defence of Stoke. It's pure anti-football. They routinely turn up to games against any team to make sure the ball is out of play as much as possible. That is not a worthwhile tactic. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

A masterpiece.
=D>

Loved it too!! Are you sure you arent being too soft on Stoke. :)

COME................ON..........................YOU...........................SPURS...............................

Time to get behind the Team...........................................................................................ME THINKS

OR......ARE WE TOO SOFT?

1961...........................its a discrace that we havn't won the League in over FIFTY YEARS!

Lee Mason is the ref, a total weak dingdonghead of a ref, Stoke will try to bully us massively and he will let them get away with it

Would play Dawson for this one given he's probably our best defender aerially. Similar would want Caulker playing given they'll have multiple really big guys like Shawcross and Crouch etc. Vert therefore has to play LB despite I prefer him at CB. Midfield picks itself and given Siggy and DEmspey have yet to convince me, i'd go with our only two CFs up top

----------------Lloris------------------

-Walker---Dawson--Caulker---Vertonghen

-Lennon---Sandro---Dembele----Bale

------------Defoe----Adebayor

10 days til the transfer window opens and hopefully we can get some more attacking options in!

Would play Dawson for this one given he's probably our best defender aerially. Similar would want Caulker playing given they'll have multiple really big guys like Shawcross and Crouch etc. Vert therefore has to play LB despite I prefer him at CB. Midfield picks itself and given Siggy and DEmspey have yet to convince me, i'd go with our only two CFs up top

----------------Lloris------------------

-Walker---Dawson--Caulker---Vertonghen

-Lennon---Sandro---Dembele----Bale

------------Defoe----Adebayor

10 days til the transfer window opens and hopefully we can get some more attacking options in!

That's the team I want to see, JD will need the support today to cause them some serious problems.

I fudging hate Stoke and everything about their brick anti-football tactics. Tony Pullis is my most hated person in football and I would be embarrassed if I were a stoke fan. The long throws, rough tackles, time wasting, the way they manipulate referees, the way the had their pitch made smaller last season to help their long throws, the long balls etc... I fudging hate it all!

Time to show them the way to play football, the Tottenham way. COYS!

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Tottenham have won four of eight Premier League games between the two sides, with Stoke winning three.

The biggest-ever win for either side at White Hart Lane came when Spurs beat Stoke 6-1 (in Division One) in October 1950.

The two clubs first met in the first round of the FA Cup in 1896, Stoke claiming a 5-0 victory at home.

Tottenham Hotspur

Spurs have won four of their last five Premier League matches.

Nineteen of the 24 goals scored at White Hart Lane in the Premier League this season have been scored in the second half.

Against Swansea in their last match, Spurs made 39 interceptions - the most by a Premier League team in a single game since the 2009-10 season.

Stoke City

Stoke are unbeaten in their last 15 Premier League games at the Britannia Stadium (W7, D8 ), their best such run in the top flight since November 1974 when they went 23 games unbeaten.

The Potters have conceded only three goals at home in the league this season, fewer than any other club in the Premier League or Football League.

However, they have won just one of their nine away games in the Premier League.

Kenwyne Jones could make his 250th career league appearance. His goal against Everton last weekend was his first in 28 Premier League games, a run stretching back to August 2011.

Back