• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****** Tottenham Hotspur vs Stoke City OMT *******

Greg Whelan must have naked pics of Lee Mason. Gets a foul for anything meanwhile Dembele may need to hacked with a chainsaw to get a decision

I would rather take off Ade (but he has heght so we should keep him on) but it seems that having Ade back doesnt really add anything to our game and it actually nullifies Defoe

I agree but also when undertaking any works you calculate the risk and put control measures in place, one of these must be a strong ref who'll punish Stoke's tactics from the very first minute and not allow roughhousing or targeting of Bale for injury

Mason smells like Foy

Get the ball to Dembele. He has the strength and guile. Bale, Defoe also look hungry. Ade can cause them problems too. Verts has been very good.

Walker opened the game with that shocker of a pass and hasn't recovered his confidence. Poor. Dawson's and Caulker have looked a little shaky - who wouldn't against stokes physical pressure.

We need determination and we can win this.

Lennon could come off. As could Walker. COYS lets beat these dirty fudgers. They shoudl be down to 10 after that elbow.

The reason it isnt working - again - is Lennon.

Absolutely nothing from him going forward. Never takes his man on on the outside anymore, never gets to the byline, always runs inside into trouble and his running off the ball and passing are brick. Lets have Townsend or even Sig on ffs.

We need to open them up down the flanks. Bale is doing his part - but nothing at all from the right hand side. AGAIN.

I would rather take off Ade (but he has heght so we should keep him on) but it seems that having Ade back doesnt really add anything to our game and it actually nullifies Defoe

Na Defoe's occasional mis-control nullifies Defoe. The right team out there just need to up the tempo push up the pitch and start winning these long balls ahead of Jones.

this is why i didn't want Bale to start. I wanted us to start a Siggy/Dempsey on the left to cut inside and focus more of our attacking play centrally....If bale was to start today it should have been at left back.

Lennon has been horrendous and is slowly transforming into a bit of a non entity. He doesn't attempt dribbling anymore and he cuts inside 99% of the time which is ok sometimes but not every single fudging time.

Thought we looked pretty good this half, the passing has been strong and concise, whats missing is some decent movement from the forwards. Ref is doing his best foy impression

Pointless getting the ball out the wings, Stoke have the centre packed every time we cross it in.
Lennon and Walker have got 3 crosses in from the right hand compared to Verts and Bales 11 crosses.
Its just not working out the right at. When Lennon runs into trouble he lays it off to Sandro or Walker and it inevitably goes nowhere. When the same happens to Bale, he Verts and Dembele work something out.
I'd sacrifice the right hand side, take Lennon off for Siggy and go with a wonky.

Also one thing I noticed is that AVB has instructed everyone to hit it long instead of into touch for situations where you'd normally clear it for a throw. This has really helped limiting their throw ins.

Granted it's not entirely working.

But by the way people go on about it in here we must be 3 or 4-0 down. Right?

No wait, it's 0-0...

And shame on Stoke for not rolling over, so our players at least could stand a chance of fulfilling expectations.

Absolutely nothing from him going forward. Never takes his man on on the outside anymore, never gets to the byline, always runs inside into trouble and his running off the ball and passing are brick. Lets have Townsend or even Sig on ffs.

We need to open them up down the flanks. Bale is doing his part - but nothing at all from the right hand side. AGAIN.

Pretty much sadly.

That's not fair, more to it than that. As a whole we need to start getting to the bounce of the ball quicker as we are coming off second best too often. Let's get Bale the ball as much as poss. Verts put in some delicious crosses. Ade should have scored

It was good to see Lennon get some more support - Sandro trying to get involved. Lennon needs to play some one-twos off someone like Sandro who's getting to the edge of the box.

To be fair, it is Stokes defending. They get so tight and niggle away. They also anticipate a pass and start closing down before you've even received the ball. Lennon in theory shoudl be able to turn them when they get tight. But it is not working. Would make a change after 60 mins if its still not working.

this is why i didn't want Bale to start. I wanted us to start a Siggy/Dempsey on the left to cut inside and focus more of our attacking play centrally....If bale was to start today it should have been at left back.

Lennon has been horrendous and is slowly transforming into a bit of a non entity. He doesn't attempt dribbling anymore and he cuts inside 99% of the time which is ok sometimes but not every single fudging time.

But our best chances have come from Bale going outside his man and whipping it in. Maybe sig for Lennon

Patience is the name of the game and absolutely 100% concentration at the back. We just need to nick this and move on to the next one

IF Lennon had Dembele and Verts supporting him instead of Sandro and Walker he'd be having a much better game. Not really his fault.

Back