• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur VS Liverpool - Official OMT***

KD - such a joker. This whole "more attacking players" argument, at least the direction it has taken, is a total fabrication. The straw man Rossi constructed in full force.

YOU are the one suggesting playing more defensive players than we normally do* is somehow going to mean we are more attacking.

I have simply advocated sticking to how we have so successfully played this season.

Yet, bizarrely, you have this notion that more possession automatically means more chances. It means nothing of the sort.

Equally, less attacking players offering the attacking players you do have more freedom is again bonkers - they have more responsibility!

*than we normally do
This is the crux of it. It is your desire to change the winning formula. The point I made was to stick to what we do well and have done well all season.

Actually it's a bit of both. I suggested that playing a dm allows more freedom for the attacking players which leads to more possession and you insinuated that more attacking players WILL give you more attacking threat and chances. I think the difference was that i stated that more possesion will "likely" mean more chances and you acted as if your theory was definate. It's ok tho man, agree to disagree.

Actually it's a bit of both. I suggested that playing a dm allows more freedom for the attacking players which leads to more possession and you insinuated that more attacking players WILL give you more attacking threat and chances. I think the difference was that i stated that more possesion will "likely" mean more chances and you acted as if your theory was definate. It's ok tho man, agree to disagree.

It's not as if, you know, possibly the best team in the world plays possession football or anything... 8-[

I'm bored of this argument now, I doubt Redknapp was shuddering in his boots when we played Norwich away yet he went for the three in the centre and Bale, Ade and VDV to do whatever the hell they wanted. Worked pretty well I'd say, Norwich barely got a touch of the ball. We're advancing as a team now and we're good enough so that, if we want, we can hold possession and not turn every match into a box to box affair.

I'd much rather talk about the deluded clams that are Liverpool FC supporters. Seriously, we have some deluded idiots on this board but nothing quite to that level. Is 12 points out of the last 15 not quite enough for them? The fact that they just got beaten 3-1 by one of the worst clubs in the league? That their star striker is an over-rated racist turd? The fact that this will go 3 season outside of the CL and with the owners powerless to fire fan favourite Dagleish?

Hope we smash the pricks.

14086197.jpg

Anyone else want to have a go? I can't think what to put...

http://memegenerator.net/King-Kenny

I've seen this kind of thing before. Before every season, they'll do this against Man utd's starting eleven, proclaim that they have the edge, as they have the best keeper, defence, midfield and strikeforce in the world. They're then in a state of 'its on', assuming the league title will be theirs yet again. Only to get more and more flustered as Man utd win another one.

Most deluded set of fans in the country. By quite a distance.

"Don't try ripping me, you posted the fudging thing"? are you ok? where have i tried "ripping you"?

you keep saying it's not what my proposal appeared to suggest but how about you look at most my other posts up where i CLEARLY state i'd play Sandro, Luka and Parker in the middle, with VDV and Bale supporting Ade. Hell i say it about 3 times so i fail to see how it "isn't what my proposal appeared" and i'm not "ripping you". Calm down man.

my apologies, I was only commenting on the one post - and didn't bother to go back to see what else had been proposed

I'm totally calm actually, just annoyed at the pet monkey you appear to have hanging off your every word, so I'm sorry if I let my annoyance hang over in my reply to you.

You talk too much sense to have made a comment like that in isolation, so I'm sorry I didn't hunt back to see where it came from.
Your argument about loading up with attackers is easily proven by simply referring back to the Ardiles principle, but like all things, when you hit the right balance between the two, everything falls into place

my apologies, I was only commenting on the one post - and didn't bother to go back to see what else had been proposed

I'm totally calm actually, just annoyed at the pet monkey you appear to have hanging off your every word, so I'm sorry if I let my annoyance hang over in my reply to you.

You talk too much sense to have made a comment like that in isolation, so I'm sorry I didn't hunt back to see where it came from.
Your argument about loading up with attackers is easily proven by simply referring back to the Ardiles principle, but like all things, when you hit the right balance between the two, everything falls into place

Nice post Mick, cheers for that:D

Why is there so much bile and vitriol about Kenny Dalglish?

He's obviously going to be a crowd favourite, because he was such a great player for them, he was also a successful player manager and manager.

Why do so many people get so hot under the collar about the LFC fans being so in love with him? We all were with Hoddle - so whats the difference?

He always comes across as a level headed and thoughtful man, and despite his excesses in the transfers and the daft amounts, isn't really doing such a bad job with them.

I don't get it

perfect game to play my preferred line up

_______friedel
walker king kaboul ekotto
_______sandro
____parker modric
vdv____________ bale
______adebayor

(maybe lennon instead of vdv)

I've seen this kind of thing before. Before every season, they'll do this against Man utd's starting eleven, proclaim that they have the edge, as they have the best keeper, defence, midfield and strikeforce in the world. They're then in a state of 'its on', assuming the league title will be theirs yet again. Only to get more and more flustered as Man utd win another one.

Most deluded set of fans in the country. By quite a distance.

Indeed. I thought Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans had that title sewn up but since getting relegated they seem to have gained some realism. With each passing year that Liverpool get nowhere near the title, their fans seem to be getting more and more insane.

It's not as if, you know, possibly the best team in the world plays possession football or anything... 8-[

There is no formula to the best formation or type of football. What works for one team is down to a million factors.

The sooner people stop using Barca as THE epitome of football, the better. The "best team in the world" are second, by 7 points.

Yes, the 'best team in the world' have won 13 of the 16 trophies they've been eligible for since Guardiola took over, are currently second in a league season that hasn't finished yet and forces huge teams to change their own style of play to have to deal with them. They've been bedding in new formations this season as well and don't see anywhere near as motivated to win the title after winning it three times on the trot.

Possession play isn't the only way to win matches and titles but its a bloody good base to start from.

Absolutely bricking it at the moment. A win here would be SO, SO important. Just as a loss would be completely deflating.

Back