• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur VS Liverpool - Official OMT***

nice
everyone has more freedom - shape goes to ratbrick and we end up looking like a pub team
way to go

Have you not been watching us this season? Bale, vdv, lennon and ade have basically had whatever freedom they want, and the majority of the time it has worked.

Offensively more freedom is a good thing, however defensively it is not. An organised defence is far more likely to succeed then one told to go and do whatever, however an attack that is told to go and do whatever is often a nightmare to defend against, because you just can't practise defending against it.

Yes Mick a 4-3-3 with Luka, Parker and Sandro in the middle means our "shape goes to ratbrick". Exactly like it did the only time we played it this season away to Norwich.

Have you not been watching us this season? Bale, vdv, lennon and ade have basically had whatever freedom they want, and the majority of the time it has worked.

Offensively more freedom is a good thing, however defensively it is not. An organised defence is far more likely to succeed then one told to go and do whatever, however an attack that is told to go and do whatever is often a nightmare to defend against, because you just can't practise defending against it.

why are you looking at cold hard facts like watching our games where we win and play great football to prove your point? it doesn't matter about results and performances when our shape goes to ratbrick.

KD - such a joker. This whole "more attacking players" argument, at least the direction it has taken, is a total fabrication. The straw man Rossi constructed in full force.

YOU are the one suggesting playing more defensive players than we normally do* is somehow going to mean we are more attacking.

I have simply advocated sticking to how we have so successfully played this season.

Yet, bizarrely, you have this notion that more possession automatically means more chances. It means nothing of the sort.

Equally, less attacking players offering the attacking players you do have more freedom is again bonkers - they have more responsibility!

*than we normally do
This is the crux of it. It is your desire to change the winning formula. The point I made was to stick to what we do well and have done well all season.

This is the crux of it. It is your desire to change the winning formula. The point I made was to stick to what we do well and have done well all season.

I thought the point was who we would bring in if different players happened to be injured... though it wouldn't be the first time i'd missed the point... #-o

---------Friedel-------------

Walker Kaboul King BAE

--Modric Parker Sandro--

-----Niko Ade Bale------

2-1 Spurs

Reina > Friedel
Johnson > Walker
Skrtel > Kaboul
Agger > King
Enrique > Assou-Ekoto
Lucas > Sandro/Parker
Downing < Bale
Adam < Modric
Gerrard > VDV
Kuyt <> Lennon
Suarez > Any of their forward options

:ross:

So the table is lying. F#ck me.

Reina > Friedel
Johnson > Walker
Skrtel > Kaboul
Agger > King
Enrique > Assou-Ekoto
Lucas > Sandro/Parker
Downing < Bale
Adam < Modric
Gerrard > VDV
Kuyt <> Lennon
Suarez > Any of their forward options

:ross:

So the table is lying. F#ck me.

That really is quite special.

(trying to) look at this objectively.

Enrique has been outstanding this year. Not sure I would have him ahead of Ekotto, but its close.

And I think thats it.

Could possibly argue for Suarez as an attacking option, but in our set up who would he replace?

Just to follow up - saw this as a response to the comparison Totman copied over

Looking at this again, I think it pretty much says what I have known for a while - Spurs without Bale and Modric are an incredibly average side. Liverpool at full-strength side (Lucas, Gerrard, Suarez missing this season) are close to being a great side.

Obviously I am biased, but I think it is pretty accurate.

Defies belief :D

Enrique has been outstanding this year. Not sure I would have him ahead of Ekotto, but its close.

And I think thats it.

Could possibly argue for Suarez as an attacking option, but in our set up who would he replace?

To be fair suarez is a good player, a creative striker who would probably fit in with our setup. However as a person i would never want him near our club, if you push aside the fact that he has been found to be 'racist'. He got an eight match ban for biting someone, he's obviously an utter taco.

As a footballer he's good though.

And I think thats it.

I actually think they are losing it. Its not normal to be this jealous of another team. I mean, when arsenal were good, did you see anyone here saying we had 8 better players in our starting line up!??

As DHSF says, how about managers then...? Oh dont tell me: King Kenny >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Harry ](*,)

Back