• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur VS Liverpool - Official OMT***

we've won more games away (6), than Pool have won at home (4).

we've scored 20 goals away whilst they've scored only 14 at home but conceded only 8 in 11. if we win it would look likely that it would be by the odd goal.

however, they are unbeaten at home and may have been a touch unlucky, having hit the woodwork something like 19 times this season, almost once per game.

i think it'll be tight, i think i'd take a point, but we are well capable of taking all 3.

I wouldn't take a point if offered, but if we come out of the game with a draw then I won't be disappointed(unless we've been robbed or blown a 3 goal lead etc).

Which of course leaves us one less attacking option

On paper maybe but it's not as easy as that is it.

On paper you can look at that team and say "oh we're playing Sandro instead of a more attacking player so therefore we're obviously going to attack less" but that's a simple way of looking at it. I prefer to look at it as 'more possesion should equal more openings' or 'ah all that space between the midfield three and the attacking trio of Bale, Ade, and VDV should let our players have a bit more creative freedom to maneuver around the pitch and give them real problems'.

You'd have everyone showing up with shovels if they tried to postpone this one. They seem to think they're on a good run and it's not like they've got anything else to do... 8-[ :-"

A postponement may not be bad for us IMO. Would take some air out of LFC's tyres and give us time to get Azza and JD fit!

We have a run of tough games so taking one away isn't so bad. Ironically I guess against another Liverpool team.

On paper maybe but it's not as easy as that is it.

On paper you can look at that team and say "oh we're playing Sandro instead of a more attacking player so therefore we're obviously going to attack less" but that's a simple way of looking at it. I prefer to look at it as 'more possesion should equal more openings' or 'ah all that space between the midfield three and the attacking trio of Bale, Ade, and VDV should let our players have a bit more creative freedom to maneuver around the pitch and give them real problems'.

How are you going to get more openings if you have more bodies in defensive positions and less in offensive ones?

Ultimately the point is that 5 years ago Liverpool were worth worrying about, worth trying to contain and trying to plan for.

Its no longer 2007.

In 2012 Liverpool are brick. And we are quality. We shouldnt be worrying about anything except doing our job.

Would we be more attacking and get more chances if we played 5 strikers? Not that we have 5, but in a hypothetical world.

If it was me I would be playing 10 strikers and a keeper. confuse the hell out of them.

My best result IMO is a chelsea win over manU and us winning ..this will make us 2 points off manU...

I always look up..I don't care what anyone below 3rd is doing unless they are beating a manchester team

otherwise as long as we are winning then I don't care

:rolleyes:

How are you going to get more openings if you have more bodies in defensive positions and less in offensive ones?

Ultimately the point is that 5 years ago Liverpool were worth worrying about, worth trying to contain and trying to plan for.

Its no longer 2007.

In 2012 Liverpool are brick. And we are quality. We shouldnt be worrying about anything except doing our job.

Eh? because there would be far more space for our attacking players to manuever around the pitch. If you have more posession than the opposition it is likely you'd create more chances (i didn't say definately, i said LIKELY). The Norwich game where we saw Bale and VDV roam around was beautiful to watch.

Btw Rossi's point is a very fair point in relation to your post. Does having 5 strikers or 5 attacking mids necessarily mean we're going to create more? the answer is no.

Btw Rossi's point is a very fair point in relation to your post. Does having 5 strikers or 5 attacking mids necessarily mean we're going to create more? the answer is no.

Care to explain why (hypothetically) playing 5 attacking players as opposed to 5 defensive ones wouldnt create more up front?

Back