• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs BOLTON WANDERERS - OMT

If Gio had been put on when Lennon first started feeling his hamstring then a. Lennon may have been fit for today and b. Gio would have had more time to impress in a competitive match situation and therefore would have presented himself as a better option for the Bolton game, be it starting or from the bench.

Can't believe Lennon wasn't taken off straight away, 2 0 up against Blackburn at home 15 minutes from the end when they hadn't mustered a single attempt. I swear we do our best to break players sometimes, it's astounding.

If Gio had been put on when Lennon first started feeling his hamstring then a. Lennon may have been fit for today and b. Gio would have had more time to impress in a competitive match situation and therefore would have presented himself as a better option for the Bolton game, be it starting or from the bench.

Can't believe Lennon wasn't taken off straight away, 2 0 up against Blackburn at home 15 minutes from the end when they hadn't mustered a single attempt. I swear we do our best to break players sometimes, it's astounding.

Maybe Harry thought Lennon was putting it on, like he thought he did against R. Madrid.

Maybe Harry thought Lennon was putting it on, like he thought he did against R. Madrid.

You may be right, but to take any sort of risk with a player whose input has been mainly limited due to injury which has in my opinion had a severe effect on our shape and the way we play is just fudging stupid.

I know you are being facetious here but if Lennon wasn't fit to carry on he should have taken it upon himself to call the physio onto the pitch and take the necessary action. It looked to me that he was running freely shortly after the couple of knocks he took.

I know you are being facetious here but if Lennon wasn't fit to carry on he should have taken it upon himself to call the physio onto the pitch and take the necessary action. It looked to me that he was running freely shortly after the couple of knocks he took.

Lennon did get the physio on.

Was pretty much yelling at the tv for this to occur.

No official team news? what's up with that

Adebayor
Bale - RvdV - Giovani
Modric - Sandro
Rose - King - Kaboul - Walker
Friedel

Would actually be happy with Giovani starting (if we decide to play 4-4-2 with the same line up that played against Blackburn but with Gio instead of Lennon).. Whenever I have seen Giovani this year when he's come off the bench (which must be a combined minutes total of about 5 lol), he's not afraid to run at defenders and comes back and helps out defence.

It can't hurt considering he's the closest like-for-like we have for Lennon available.

It can't hurt considering he's the closest like-for-like we have for Lennon available.

Can't be good to mess up our formation again just because Lennon is out (if he indeed is).
Hope Harry has some faith in Giovani

I'm pretty sure that lennons problem was that he turned his ankle in a tackle, not a damaged hamstring. I think the plan was to let him run it off, which he did on a couple of occasions, prior to his final withdrawal

Can't be good to mess up our formation again just because Lennon is out (if he indeed is).
Hope Harry has some faith in Giovani

I agree. I mean 4-4-1-1 has proven not to be broken, so why try and "fix it".. just stick Gio out there.

It's crazy, but it's probably true. Not saying it's a good plan, but it's certainly one that Harry will think of.

No doubt. Would be extremely stupid. I think I like the idea of Livermore/Sandro/Modric in a midfield 3 to be honest with you.

He has started dos Santos before as we all know in Carling Cup games (where he has been very impressive before, regardless of opposition) and in the Europa League where he has shown glimpses of brilliance too. But with this game being so big towards our season, will he really start him?

I've noticed he has come off the bench recently, so you never know!

Back