• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Anderlecht OMT ***

I'm not writing him off completely but he's been useless so far. Started his time with us by conceding a penalty...hasn't really improved since. His crossing is his best attribute, he needs more defensively. We can see what will happen with him in future but he needs to put in a lot of work.

He hasn't been useless. He's been so so but he is only back up right now and we can afford to give him time.

fudge me as well...I did say on his thread if only he got into the penalty box more...also we would be mad to sell him!

toldyouso...lol

This presumably about Dembele? He seems to be committing with a final shot/pass now, rather than holding possession without making progress. If he can continue like this, he deserves his place in the starting line up.

This presumably about Dembele? He seems to be committing with a final shot/pass now, rather than holding possession without making progress. If he can continue like this, he deserves his place in the starting line up.

I was about to post in the Dembele thread about this. I wonder what is behind his mini-rich goalscoring run. Is it just one of those runs that players go on sometimes? Has Poch done/said something? Does Dembele have more self belief right now?

He hasn't been useless. He's been so so but he is only back up right now and we can afford to give him time.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I will always try to be honest about players and I think Trippier is our new Gilberto. I will happily admit my error in judgement if Trippier goes on to shine for us, I hope that he does.

Great way to finish the match ! They're sub proved telling, Ezekiel getting the equalizer, and our sub gotthe winner with a rocket by the Mousse (Moose ?). We go top in the EL group ? And in good mood for the NLD.

Overall, an accomplished performance, didn't stretch ourselves too much, and controlled very well at times. Just that gap in between the CB was exploited and is a concern. But going forward, we passed and moved very nicely, lovely to watch at times Delle Alli will improve, so young, his final ball was sloppy too often, and Lamela kept on trying to back flick the ball on.

COYS !!!

Did mousa not score a very late goal in a euro tie before that got us through? Seemed to remember a really pants game and he cracked a low one in the corner with seconds to go.

I was about to post in the Dembele thread about this. I wonder what is behind his mini-rich goalscoring run. Is it just one of those runs that players go on sometimes? Has Poch done/said something? Does Dembele have more self belief right now?

I think that it's a mixture of the three. His approach play is different than it used to be. He appears deliberate about his attacking play, whereas in the past he didn't seem to be as clear minded about what to do with the ball when he received it. Some of that is surely tactical instruction from Pochettino.

His confidence, gained from scoring the goals, will encourage him to get in to scoring positions. He has the ability, I remember him scoring key goals in the past, including a late late goal against Lyon, but now that he's finding form, just hope that it continues.

Did mousa not score a very late goal in a euro tie before that got us through? Seemed to remember a really pants game and he cracked a low one in the corner with seconds to go.

Yes, against Lyon, with a cracking shot from outside the area.

This is training and instruction that is given him the confidence..

First time ball to son was great too

absolutely...but we need class players like Dembele to have a strong squad.

Poch had a plan for Dembele this season. Knew he wanted to play him, and gave him some targets to deliver. Early days still, but there has been a difference in Dembele's play all this season. He's not sitting back waiting for others, pushing the game forward more himself...

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I will always try to be honest about players and I think Trippier is our new Gilberto. I will happily admit my error in judgement if Trippier goes on to shine for us, I hope that he does.

I think that you are being far too quick to pass judgement on him. He has been in and out of the team and what we want from our full backs is very different from Burnley. Unless he gets a prolonged run in the team, I think that this is one of those signings where it is wise to withhold judgement for a year.

Back