• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Anderlecht OMT ***

goodnight all...until the big one lets all sit in a circle and sing cum by ya

See you all Sunday! Up the Spurs!

I don't think Trippier was all that bad. I didn't see the game in full, but other more establish players seemed more deserving of criticism.

Vertonghen? Davies watched the guy run and didn't move.

That's Vertonghen's trademark move. Ignores everything that happens behind him. We're just lucky Okaka is worse than Defoe at staying onside. Linesman couldn't keep up.

Definitely. I can't wait until Dembele out muscles half/the whole Ar5ena1 team on Sunday. Will be good to see.
yeah well ..you never know..lol..the Team must be gaining in confidence and despite what the score is on Sunday...this team is jelling.
And we have this season and next ;)

That's Vertonghen's trademark move. Ignores everything that happens behind him. We're just lucky Okaka is worse than Defoe at staying onside. Linesman couldn't keep up.

For the goal, it is down to Vertonghen's team mates to tell him that a player is running in behind him.

Almost a EL melt down. We were a little fortunate. They had chances to punish us, and we didn't take our more limited chances until the end. Fantastic result!

For the goal, it is down to Vertonghen's team mates to tell him that a player is running in behind him.
Giroud will be making those type of runs all afternoon on Sunday. Anderlects' passing and movement was very similar to what we will face on Sunday. We need to work on picking up runners between now and Sunday.

Almost a EL melt down. We were a little fortunate. They had chances to punish us, and we didn't take our more limited chances until the end. Fantastic result!

I thought that we played well against a decent side

It's not just the goal, he does it all the time. Several times tonight he sees Okaka standing behind him and just ignores it.

Giroud will be making those type of runs all afternoon on Sunday. Anderlects' passing and movement was very similar to what we will face on Sunday. We need to work on picking up runners between now and Sunday.

Better communication and they don't score. I am sure that we will be working on it between now and Sunday.

It's not just the goal, he does it all the time. Several times tonight he sees Okaka standing behind him and just ignores it.

On the goal he holds his hands out to signal letting it run to the keeper. If he is told that there is a man making the run, he should deal with it.

I thought that we played well against a decent side

I didn't see the game in full. Missed patches. I was pretty critical, how close were we to another draw? They had a hat full of very decent chances to score, and only took one. There was some excellent last ditch defending. But we didn't pass all that well. Too many stray passes, and in attack we lack something at times. Maybe conviction that comes with experience. We attack well, but the final touches or pass isn't quite there.

That said I couldn't be happier with the direction Poch is going. I think an older attacking player could really help. Shame we couldn't sign Dimitri Payet.

I didn't see the game in full. Missed patches. I was pretty critical, how close were we to another draw? They had a hat full of very decent chances to score, and only took one. There was some excellent last ditch defending. But we didn't pass all that well. Too many stray passes, and in attack we lack something at times. Maybe conviction that comes with experience. We attack well, but the final touches or pass isn't quite there.

That said I couldn't be happier with the direction Poch is going. I think an older attacking player could really help. Shame we couldn't sign Dimitri Payet.

I think that you need to see the full game before passing judgement. We played well against a decent side. There were period of the game where they were on top but there were not too many and that happens against decent sides.

Good work on the OMT @glorygloryeze

Why thank you :)

qN0EPSM.gif

- now who has the balls for the big one?

Calling @LutonSpurs , @Jurgen the German , @Papercut ?:eek:

I think that you need to see the full game before passing judgement. We played well against a decent side. There were period of the game where they were on top but there were not too many and that happens against decent sides.

'Decent' is exactly what they are. Not a CL quality team. Which level of PL team would you compare them to?

Personally I don't think Poch would have been pleased with the performance. We didn't close the game when we were ontop, then we let them back in and got out of jail. We will have to play better on Sunday to get a result. A lot better.

Great game to watch; fast-paced from 0 to 89. Not without error on our part (we were under the kosh for the first twenty minutes and I was really angry about the equaliser, because we'd already had 2 warnings), but some strong positives and Dembele... arracht a bhí ann. Kane five in three; can't be bad.

Last edited:
Back