• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield Utd League cup semi Final first leg

So Poch isnt strong enough to pick his own captain ? He lets his players tell HIM ?

thats what he done, yes. let the players decide, they knew more about the team and characters and voted for who they feel would be best suited.

I don't think they actually chose the captain, but he asked the players opinions on it..... From what I've read!

the hate this guy is getting when he's going to be out there leading the line, captaining us in a semi final and hoping to score goals is laughable. some real childish football fans.

I just did some quick research Pavly started 69 games for us (111 appearances counting subs) and had 40 goals that is actually quite stunning. The lad could score goals that record blows Soldado and most of our other strikers the past 5 years out of the water

I liked him. Thought he got some unfair stick. He scored some vital, and stunning, goals. That one v Young Boys away was both.

Last edited:
the hate this guy is getting when he's going to be out there leading the line, captaining us in a semi final and hoping to score goals is laughable. some real childish football fans.
The guy who always managed to find a little niggling injury the day before Europa away matches?

If he can bother his **** into some kind of performance then he redeems a bit of that.

Should have heard some of the abuse he got from a few fans sat behind us when he come on last Saturday. Bang out of order for me, I mean not that he would have heard the bloke, okay, if people don't like the bloke that's their opinion, but leave it at home or on a forum, if you're at the game please get behind the team

Should have heard some of the abuse he got from a few fans sat behind us when he come on last Saturday. Bang out of order for me, I mean not that he would have heard the bloke, okay, if people don't like the bloke that's their opinion, but leave it at home or on a forum, if you're at the game please get behind the team

A good idea in principle - went completely wrong with the way the players voted though.

which is where poch will learn, it was a great idea with a new manager coming in, but next season he will KNOW the team and will pick a worthy captain. Lloris, Fazio or Vert hopefully.

Decent team, I was all for getting rid of Ade, but only because he never plays, even when seemingly fit, if he's now gonna play a few games and become part of the squad again, sharing the burden, then great.

Back