• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v CHELSEA - FA CUP SEMI FINAL OMT**

Struggling to find 7 subs....perhaps we shouldnt have sent half the squad out on non-returnable loans. Surely we could have done some deals with recall clauses, like Liverpool did with their 4th choice keeper

Don't see the problem. You can only make 3 subs anyway and if you're lucky that is how much Harry will make.

Don't see the problem. You can only make 3 subs anyway and if you're lucky that is how much Harry will make.

If we have no defenders on the bench and one of Gallas or Nelsen pulls up with a hamstring injury, perhaps then you will see the problem.

If we have no defenders on the bench and one of Gallas or Nelsen pulls up with a hamstring injury, perhaps then you will see the problem.

Khumalo will be on the bench. I'll probably guarantee that King will be starting alongside Gallas too.

Well we actually have 5 CBs even with Bassong and Caulker on loan. (Yes thats Bassong that no one cared was loaned out)

Its hardly Harry's fault Kaboul and Dawson got injured and King has recently lost alot of form. I think to have only 2 from 5 players available is terrible luck, not bad management.

Well we actually have 5 CBs even with Bassong and Caulker on loan. (Yes thats Bassong that no one cared was loaned out)

Its hardly Harry's fault Kaboul and Dawson got injured and King has recently lost alot of form. I think to have only 2 from 5 players available is terrible luck, not bad management.

Five sounds good, but with King's knees as they are he could never be fully relied on.

Dawson concerns me a bit, this is the second season he is out for a significant portion of, it is unfortunate, but i hope these injuries are not having a lasting affect on him.

I think there are enough threads having a go at Harry for loaning out valuable cover, so i don't think i need to start that here.

Khumalo will be on the bench. I'll probably guarantee that King will be starting alongside Gallas too.

Cant believe I forgot about The Bong, but as you say I still have a feeling Ledley would manage to make the starting line-up.
Still if he doesnt, I suppose a possible bench of:-
Friedel,Khumalo,Rose,Sandro,Defoe, Livermore/Bentley, Saha/Dos Santos

Not too shabby

The fun could be come the last 2 weeks, if we do beat Chelsea, we finish with 5 games in 15 days. With our threadbare squad and ability to pick up injuries at an alarming rate, some of us may need to bring their boots for the Fulham game!

Think we're forgetting someone pretty major here.

Edit: we're not forgetting him apparently, good work mumorn.

Enter the Bong

New-signing-Khumalo-to-rough-shoulders-with-Premier-League-elites.jpg

To score the winning goal in extra time with his face.

Either that or Sandro or Livermore will be able to fill in as they are both quality defensive midfielders with the capablity to adapt to a centre back position.

Maybe time for some kids to perhaps step up. I'm pretty sure the Championship ends before the Premier League does? Does that mean we could potentially have some youngsters back like Townsend?

Five sounds good, but with King's knees as they are he could never be fully relied on.

Dawson concerns me a bit, this is the second season he is out for a significant portion of, it is unfortunate, but i hope these injuries are not having a lasting affect on him.

I think there are enough threads having a go at Harry for loaning out valuable cover, so i don't think i need to start that here.

King has surprised the entire planet up until 3 games ago. You gonna throw that in as a Harry mistake now?

Jesus, how many CBs do you want? 8? You cant sign 5th choice cover the same quality as your first choice.

King has surprised the entire planet up until 3 games ago. You gonna throw that in as a Harry mistake now?

Jesus, how many CBs do you want? 8? You cant sign 5th choice cover the same quality as your first choice.

No, i'd go with four, which is why i agree that we are unfortunate to be in this predicament.

But don't let that stop you.

Totman, you make a lot of good points on the board imo but you have a tendency to homogenise the opinions of our fanbase. For example, I was against sending out Bassong on loan. I was against letting Pienaar out on loan. I was against Saha being brought in. All of viewpoints I was attacked on after the transfer window closed, telling me that Saha is a good player, Redknapp knows more than me, Bassong is brick etc.

Its not Redknapp's fault that Kaboul or Dawson got injured. However, the problem is that the other three central defenders are 34, 34 and 31 with no knees. Two of those have a very questionably injury record.

ok, i get yea, but how about having 1 right back, 1 right winger, and 1 left winger? what kind of management is that?

RIGHT... no messing, banish ALL negativity this weekend... we're in the FA CUP SEMI FINAL... for those of a 'certain' age, this is one of THE most exciting football weekends, barring the Final itself (and the opening day of the season) let's fudging ENJOY the fact we're here... the Semi 2 years ago was a disaster, we got ahead of ourselves and some (as the saying goes) had already been ha'way to get us suit measured for the final, yes!?? Let's not make the same mistake twice.

THIS year, we may be seen as slight underdogs... good, I prefer it that way. Our focus ISN'T on a CL semi final in 3 days, let THEM be distracted if they want to be... OUR focus is on TOMORROW first, getting into the CL can wait another day...

WE ARE TOTTENHAM... THIS IS THE FA CUP... THERE'S SOMETHING RIGHT ABOUT IT!

COYS!

RIGHT... no messing, banish ALL negativity this weekend... we're in the FA CUP SEMI FINAL... for those of a 'certain' age, this is one of THE most exciting football weekends, barring the Final itself (and the opening day of the season) let's fudging ENJOY the fact we're here... the Semi 2 years ago was a disaster, we got ahead of ourselves and some (as the saying goes) had already been ha'way to get us suit measured for the final, yes!?? Let's not make the same mistake twice.

THIS year, we may be seen as slight underdogs... good, I prefer it that way. Our focus ISN'T on a CL semi final in 3 days, let THEM be distracted if they want to be... OUR focus is on TOMORROW first, getting into the CL can wait another day...

WE ARE TOTTENHAM... THIS IS THE FA CUP... THERE'S SOMETHING RIGHT ABOUT IT!

COYS!

Like it. Like it a lot.

Driving down for Pompey 2 years ago, both of us were not confident at all we would beat them, dont ask me why, we just didnt.
Although I'm not 100% confident of a win tomorrow, right now I bizarrely feel more confident of beating Chelsea than I did Portsmouth

COYS \o/

Back