• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v CHELSEA - FA CUP SEMI FINAL OMT**

Are we playing for penalties or, at best, sneak a 1-0 win?

It amazes me how many people fail to realise that you cannot play a midfield 3 or Parker, Sandro and Modric and be successful. There's just not enough attacking threat there and those three contribute very few goals. All three are good players but play behind the ball and it means that realistically 7 of your 10 outfielders wont score. To play 3 in CM you need somoene like Lumpard, Scholes, Cahill, Fiberglass ie someone who will get 10-15+ goals per year

can't we play 4-3-3 to accommodate both VDV and Lennon then playing VDV in the centre of midfield?

On what basis have you made that judgment? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought we took 1 point from a possible 12 with 442, then 5 from 9 with 433, followed by a loss at home to Norwich again playing 442 :-k

...................Cudicini
Walker.....King.........Gallas........Ekotto
...................Parker........................
........van der Vaart.....Modric............
Lennon...........Adebayor............Bale

--

Would there be anything wrong with that formation? We'd have our "goalscoring" midfielder in that midfield 3, we also have room for one of our most important players in Lennon who's overall game I feel we have missed. If at some point in the game it doesn't look like working, we could quite easily push van der Vaart forward to play off Adebayor and then play a 4-4-1-1/4-4-2 with the players on the pitch..

think he'll probably go with the same front 6 that played at stamford bridge i.e. no lennon.

not gonna wanna be very gung ho at least at the start with the geriatric centre half pairing of gallas and nelsen needing to be protected.

...................Cudicini
Walker.....King.........Gallas........Ekotto
...................Parker........................
........van der Vaart.....Modric............
Lennon...........Adebayor............Bale

--

Would there be anything wrong with that formation? We'd have our "goalscoring" midfielder in that midfield 3, we also have room for one of our most important players in Lennon who's overall game I feel we have missed. If at some point in the game it doesn't look like working, we could quite easily push van der Vaart forward to play off Adebayor and then play a 4-4-1-1/4-4-2 with the players on the pitch..

I wouldn't complain at that but you just know this place will be full of people slagging off VDV for playing deep and how we're leaving Adebayor isolated. Get Defoe on! 442!

If Lennon is 100% he HAS to play, I'd be fudging furious if he isn't. But hey, Harry won't give a fudge what I or many others think, why should he?

think we'll start how we did against them in the league and then bring Lennon on at some point

personally id start how Mumorn suggests and go for the throat from the off

If Lennon is 100% he HAS to play, I'd be fudging furious if he isn't. But hey, Harry won't give a fudge what I or many others think, why should he?

Well why would he not go for the same team that clearly had the better of chelscum at stamford bridge?

I would personally play 442 with lennon and bale and fudge em up. BUT I would also see why Harry would play the exact same team and tactics as the last game against Chelscum

Well why would he not go for the same team that clearly had the better of chelscum at stamford bridge?

I would personally play 442 with lennon and bale and fudge em up. BUT I would also see why Harry would play the exact same team and tactics as the last game against Chelscum

Because it's 'Arry.

the game at the bridge was terrible....there is no way Chelsea especially will play so bad again. We were very fortunate they didnt show up on the day. We werent that good either. Shocking game

lets not do a Moyes and try and nick a sneaky win. We need to dominate and completely steamroller Chelsea. Im not saying we will win 2,3,4 nil, but we need a super positive attitude all the way to the end of the game if we are to walk away with any kind of win

the game at the bridge was terrible....there is no way Chelsea especially will play so bad again. We were very fortunate they didnt show up on the day. We werent that good either. Shocking game

lets not do a Moyes and try and nick a sneaky win. We need to dominate and completely steamroller Chelsea. Im not saying we will win 2,3,4 nil, but we need a super positive attitude all the way to the end of the game if we are to walk away with any kind of win

I am of the opinion that WE stopped them from playing not that that were brick.

JJetset says no Kaboul for QPR and could miss the rest of the season. Also said that Harry wanted Cahill in Jan but Levy say no.

Because we are more normally a better team when Lennon starts, and that is based on our performances over the season and not just one just one match against Chelsea. Besides, it is not like Lennon has never excelled against Chelsea before

[video=youtube;pA4n2oe5HfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA4n2oe5HfY[/video]

[video=youtube;0tZ6AleCouk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tZ6AleCouk[/video]

Am i the only one a bit worried about Cudicini? I think not playing week in week out is a problem, especially in such a big game.

Has anyone got that youtube video of Tottenham from our 2009/2010 season which had Mumford & Sons the opening song on the compilation?..

[video=youtube;0tZ6AleCouk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tZ6AleCouk[/video]

Still gives me goosebumps. Greatest Spurs video ever

Back when we actually appreciated us being good.....albeit rough around the edges

Now we just hate everyone and everything that got us here in the first place

Because we are more normally a better team when Lennon starts, and that is based on our performances over the season and not just one just one match against Chelsea. Besides, it is not like Lennon has never excelled against Chelsea before

I totally agree I would play Lennon ALL the time. i would even play 442 and take it to em.

I was playing devils advocate and suggesting that if it worked before there is a higher chance it would work again in playing the same formation and tactics. Keeping it tight. Not giving them room.

Back