• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa OMT***

Ade needs to come on for Defoe. Switching to 4-4-2 rarely works for us half way through a game and btw that's one thing Redknapp used to get slated for. I'll be extremley disappointed if AVB decides to do that.

I rated Dempsey quite highly at Fulham, he always seemed to score... but at Spurs he seems to not know what to do, choose the wrong option, things break down when he gets the ball so players have stopped passing to him... all rather poor yet again. I do think he can be good for us, but right now his performances are way below par.

Dempsey is a player who gets on the end of things rather than creates them himself, he's being asked to create here which isn't his strong point. For me he'd be striker or wide midfielder not the vdv role.

Even beating Utd away has failed to finally put fire in our bellies this season. We look painful at times................the lack of tempo is very alarming. We seem to make it so easy for the opoosition.

4-4-2 at home.
4-2-3-1 away.
We are too negative at home at the moment. We struggle to beat the poor teams, and the better teams will get points off us at home if we continue this way.

I spoke to Mason yesterday and he said Ade had only trained twice in the past week so didn't expect him to play a big part. Agree about 4-4-2 at home though seems strange that AVB isn't more attacking at home.

Plenty of room for improvement in the second half, which will hopefully see Spurs revert to a 4-4-2 formation with Adebayor partnering Defoe up front.

I think that they have been finding space too easily anyway with a three man midfield. I'm not convinced we can keep a lid on things with a midfield of Sandro and Dembele.

The annoying thing about starting Defoe is that when it doesnt work and the goal doesnt come its difficult to sub him: the manager would get slated if we need a goal and then take Defoe off. But i dont think the problems are necessarily formation more personnel; it might be a bit risky but i'd have Defoe off, Ade on and then see how we go with square pegs in square holes. There was a reason Ade was ahead of Defoe all last season. He just blatantly is a much better player and better suited to the lone role.

Scoreline says it all. Not good enough at home.
Classic Lambert, sizing us up during the first half, he'll have a plan for the second half.

Dempsey is a player who gets on the end of things rather than creates them himself, he's being asked to create here which isn't his strong point. For me he'd be striker or wide midfielder not the vdv role.

Agree. Idelly he'd play instead of one of Bale or Lennon and give us some goals from the flank.

No point having 2 wingers crossing to one midget

Can someone please tell me how this standard of play week-in week-out is supposed to improve on last season's 4th place?

Who's saying we're going to improve on last season? We've lost three world class players and taken a new direction with a different manager. It will take time before we're at our peak under the current regime.

Back