• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa OMT***

I think that they have been finding space too easily anyway with a three man midfield. I'm not convinced we can keep a lid on things with a midfield of Sandro and Dembele.

The annoying thing about starting Defoe is that when it doesnt work and the goal doesnt come its difficult to sub him: the manager would get slated if we need a goal and then take Defoe off. But i dont think the problems are necessarily formation more personnel; it might be a bit risky but i'd have Defoe off, Ade on and then see how we go with square pegs in square holes. There was a reason Ade was ahead of Defoe all last season. He just blatantly is a much better player and better suited to the lone role.
Everyone's hankering for Adebayor but let's not forget he's way short of match practice. Remember he was utter brick early on in the season. Whatever you say about Defoe he still offers a decent threat so I'd stick with him until late on. Ade on last 15 for either him or Dempsey.

It tinkles me off that often, in the final third our players over elaborate, instead of playing a quick, incisive and often simple ball. Our build up is too slow and Dembele slows it down a lot. He makes attractive runs with the ball, but too often they go nowhere. He needs tp pass off with one touch more often than not.

In some games, yes. Ideally Bale will learn to play effectively on the right and we can properly go 4-3-3 with inside forwards.

Bale will never improve on his right foot if the past 2 seasons are to go by. He'll never be effective on the right IMO. The left is the ONLY place for Bale.

Ade needs to come on for Defoe. Switching to 4-4-2 rarely works for us half way through a game and btw that's one thing Redknapp used to get slated for. I'll be extremley disappointed if AVB decides to do that.

Congrats King, you're off the mark today. TBF it has taken until HT...

Bale will never improve on his right foot if the past 2 seasons are to go by. He'll never be effective on the right IMO. The left is the ONLY place for Bale.

I don't want him to use his right foot. I want him to cut towards goal, rather than go outside. He could become a good version of Hulk.

I don't want him to use his right foot. I want him to cut towards goal, rather than go outside. He could become a good version of Hulk.

I totally agree but he seems totally void of ideas when he switches. Bar the 2-0 win away at Norwich last season playing centrally doesnt suit him either.

Back