• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

I don't know what I'd been searching for but I kept getting ads for private jets recently (I swear I don't have enough money to buy a private jet).

I'm assuming you've gone ahead and bought it anyway, because I'm getting 'Rent a jet for $2500 an hour!'. You cheeky sod.

If I have children I hope that their childrens children will live to see this stadium built

Could really do with some good news about the stadium after what i saw yesterday. Never been a huge fan of levy's thought he never ran the football side of things very well and continue to think that but i appreciate he does not get us into debt.

All i want from him and ENIC now is to do the stadium then sell up and **** off.

Could really do with some good news about the stadium after what i saw yesterday. Never been a huge fan of levy's thought he never ran the football side of things very well and continue to think that but i appreciate he does not get us into debt.

All i want from him and ENIC now is to do the stadium then sell up and **** off.

Exactly how I feel. Always confident he will come good on the business side of things, when it comes to football related decisions? Not so much.

If I have children I hope that their childrens children will live to see this stadium built

".....in October 2009, when Spurs' chairman Daniel Levy stated that Spurs intend to move into the partially built new stadium for the start of the 2012–13 season, with the final 56,250-seat venue ready for the following campaign...."

roman4.jpg

Sheikh_Mansour_1701677c.jpg

Joel-Glazer-Malcolm-Glaze-004.jpg

Stan-Kroenke-2307377.jpg

-John-W-Henry-Liverpools--008.jpg

article-2440025-1A2A8C39000005DC-104_634x417.jpg

Screen+Shot+2013-08-28+at+12.15.28+PM.png

" Stop it! Stop laughing wight now! I'll repowt you to the FA, I will! This stadium will secuwe our future! It will be built! Stop it!

DL could have let Rudolph's stay open until some work actually begins. One of my match day rituals has been ruined.

Should help somewhat with getting the extra 20,000 fans to/from the new stadium when it's finally built...

Tottenham Hale station to receive £20m investment (From Haringey Independent)

Tottenham Hale station will be bigger and better | Transport for London
Plans to transform Tottenham Hale into a landmark station, with greater capacity and step-free access for interchanging passengers, have been announced by Transport for London (TfL) as part of its Tube Improvement Programme.

The plans are part of a committed package of transport improvements, which includes a £54m investment from TfL. The proposed station improvements are funded through £20m from TfL's Unlocking New Growth Areas fund and also include a contribution from the Mayor's Recovery Fund.

Tottenham Hale is located within the Upper Lea Valley area - which has been identified as a key area for growth - with plans to create 15,000 new jobs and 20,100 new homes. At Tottenham Hale specifically there is the capacity for 5,000 new homes and 4,000 new jobs and the vision is to transform the area in to a new district centre. The station will be a focal point of this new district centre and be an iconic gateway to Tottenham and the Upper Lea Valley.

Since October 2012, TfL has also been working to remove the Tottenham Hale gyratory and return it to two-way traffic. A total of £34m will be invested in these improvement works, which will deliver significant benefits for all road users including pedestrians, as well as provide a new public space and a more accessible bus station to the north of Tottenham Hale station during 2014.

David Waboso, London Underground's Director of Capital Upgrades, said: 'The improvements include doubling the size of the current ticket hall, and installing new ticket gates. This will reduce crowding and queuing at the station, saving passengers time when interchanging between National Rail operated by Greater Anglia and Tube services.

'We are also proposing to create a new, more convenient pedestrian route from the east to the Tube and bus stations by extending the existing bridge to the Hale Village development. We plan to keep the station open during the work so that any potential disruption will be kept to a minimum.'

The planning application is due to be submitted in the next few weeks. Subject to approval, work is expected to start on site in 2015 and be completed approximately 18 months from then.

A committed £72m upgrade of the Lea Valley main line, which includes a £25m contribution from the London Enterprise Panel and will enable a new four trains per hour service between Angel Road and Stratford, is a key part of the transport investment in the Lea Valley. The new local service will serve Tottenham Hale station and is considered vital in supporting planned growth at Tottenham Hale, as well as Northumberland Park and Meridian Water.

TfL have been working closely with London Borough of Haringey, the Greater London Authority, Network Rail and Greater Anglia during the development of these plans to ensure that all the projects at Tottenham Hale station are carefully co-ordinated and are compatible with the long term plans for the West Anglia route and we will continue to do so as the scheme progresses.

Letters have been sent to local residents about the plans and an evening event was held in order for the community to find out more about the proposals. Further events will take place early in the New Year.

Do you reckon we'll see the built before I hit pension age?

I'm 37.

Are we ever going to hear anymore about this? It's been forever.

Are we ever going to hear anymore about this? It's been forever.

I know, the lack of any type of update is a tad worrying, just seems to be dragging on and dragging on. But, tbh, as 1990's as it is I still love sitting in the Paxton, so right now the lack of news is not losing me any sleep

Been formally confirmed that TFL are taking over the train line from Liv St and turning it into the London Overground, hopefully get a more regular service and better station.

Been formally confirmed that TFL are taking over the train line from Liv St and turning it into the London Overground, hopefully get a more regular service and better bigger station.

;)

Also word is the Victoria Line extension, even for the future, still won't happen with there being a better chance of the Pope converting to Scientology than it happening.

The main delay seems to be down to Archway Steel on the Paxton Road. Been said that they want more compo than is being offered.

And finally, I e-mailed Richard Waite of the Architects Journal a couple weeks ago asking if there was any info and he said since writing his piece on a new 'mega stadium' concept back in October there has been a complete lock down and hasn't heard a word from anyone (at the club or Populous) since.

Last edited:

Spurs will also play an exhibition game in Toronto on July 23, in the middle of a summer tour that will also see matches against the Seattle Sounders on July 19 and Chicago Fire on July 26.

Leiweke praised Spurs chairman Daniel Levy for being open to the deal, eventually.

“At first this was not a conversation that was going well,” he acknowledged

Now it seems the ties are tight with Leiweke calling Levy a friend and saying MLSE has offered to help Tottenham with its new stadium in London — “That’s something I think we do well” — as part of what he called an ongoing friendship, partnership and relationship.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...o-join-toronto-fc-next-month/article16278360/

Out of curiosity, how would he do that? :-k

I would imagine that MLSE are going to take a chunk of shares for a sizable amount of Wonga, this money being used to pay for part of the project.

MLSE were rumoured some time ago to be interested in acquiring a stake in English football. Joining all the dots, the old AEG chief Tom Leiweke is maybe following up his desire.. when with AEG and MLSE mild interest in Leeds Utd... to invest possibly into Tottenham.

But then the dots go on...

There's lots of gossip making the rounds these days in Toronto regarding a bid for a NFL franchise. Just like the one London will be getting. The NFL needs a proper stadium to house the team. Spurs are willing to make that happen. Just not quite able.

So, along comes Tim Leiweke and his money management team from Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, proud owners of a sports empire that is close to reaching the saturation point in terms of financial success for it's major properties - the NHL's Maple Leafs, the NBA's Raptors and MLS club Toronto FC. They need a new challenge.

By helping Spurs get their stadium built, they help the NFL achieve its goals in London. Sure, they might be in for a piece of ENIC's stake in Spurs and in London's potential NFL team. Or they might prefer to use the goodwill their stadium-building assistance would generate in NFL HQ to streamline their own bid for a NFL team. Hard to lose either way.

As long as the stadium is 100% owned by Spurs in the future. MLSE can inject cash in return for a lease allowing an NFL team to play there and or naming rights, balti pie rights and anything else that doesn't threaten the future of the club.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

As long as the stadium is 100% owned by Spurs in the future. MLSE can inject cash in return for a lease allowing an NFL team to play there and or naming rights, balti pie rights and anything else that doesn't threaten the future of the club.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Damn! if we build a stadium that actually means i can get a season ticket and then we also have an NFL franchise which i would follow i would spend all my time at White Hart Lane. :)

Back