• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33061483

Doesn't give any impression of increasing attendance, just appears to have a high back frame on seats to prevent toppling.

_83519372_peter_lawwell.jpg

First question that needs answering is obviously whether you have to sit in your seat, then we can move on to cramming more people in. Having 61k or 65k or even 70k isn't going to make much of a difference on the balance sheet though.

How can it even be viable, has to be regulated one seat per person. Everyone has to stand to make it work... you won't sit down if peogle are stood up. In which case pointless putting seats in.

i think the idea with those rail seats is that in countries where terracing is allowed the seats fold up and are unused - in Germany i think it works out to 2 standing spaces per safe standing seat. what then happens is that in European competitions where terracing is not allowed the seats come down and you have a traditional seating stand where the capacity is 1 person per seat.

i guess the proposal here is that we allow the safe standing rail seats to be installed and use them as traditional seating, not as terracing - but will be more lax on the rules so that people sitting in these areas do not have to sit all game and can stand if they wish.

i think this has a chance of coming in as a compromise tbh - if it's good enough for Uefa...

How can it even be viable, has to be regulated one seat per person. Everyone has to stand to make it work... you won't sit down if peogle are stood up. In which case pointless putting seats in.

The seats can be locked in the upright position and depending on how wide the rows are you can have more than one person per seat when they're standing. There are different ratios used.

I think this is the future though. Easy access for mobility scooters:

Rail-2.png

i think the idea with those rail seats is that in countries where terracing is allowed the seats fold up and are unused - in Germany i think it works out to 2 standing spaces per safe standing seat. what then happens is that in European competitions where terracing is not allowed the seats come down and you have a traditional seating stand where the capacity is 1 person per seat.

i guess the proposal here is that we allow the safe standing rail seats to be installed and use them as traditional seating, not as terracing - but will be more lax on the rules so that people sitting in these areas do not have to sit all game and can stand if they wish.

i think this has a chance of coming in as a compromise tbh - if it's good enough for Uefa...
I would be surprised if it is 2 people per 1 seat - after all the ground beneath the seat is a single, flat level. However 3 people for every 2 seats would seem reasonable as if 2 people are standing next to one another a person behind can look through the gap between their heads. Of course this assumes that all people are the same height and you certainly wouldn't want to be unlucky enough to be standing behind a 6+ footer if you were a little vertically challenged.

I'm sure I read that our potential increase in capacity from converting the lower part of the new South stand to safe standing would only be around 1,600. With that being the case I would imagine we are actually looking at only 1 person per seat with the increase in number being down to the fact that the rail seating is narrower than what we are currently planning for permanent seats.

I would be surprised if it is 2 people per 1 seat - after all the ground beneath the seat is a single, flat level. However 3 people for every 2 seats would seem reasonable as if 2 people are standing next to one another a person behind can look through the gap between their heads. Of course this assumes that all people are the same height and you certainly wouldn't want to be unlucky enough to be standing behind a 6+ footer if you were a little vertically challenged.

I'm sure I read that our potential increase in capacity from converting the lower part of the new South stand to safe standing would only be around 1,600. With that being the case I would imagine we are actually looking at only 1 person per seat with the increase in number being down to the fact that the rail seating is narrower than what we are currently planning for permanent seats.

http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk/the-proposal/the-proposal---continued-2 Has information on what is being proposed and according to this its 72 standing fans per 40 seated.

I am all for safe standing but I suspect that in England it will only get through on the basis of 1 person per seat. To me anything else smacks of "cramming them in" and over-crowding. Keep it simple: everyone has a seat but in some areas people can stand at their seat.
That way it is common sense and ensures that there CANNOT be overcrowding at a football match - and as such is very difficult for any sane person to oppose.

I am all for safe standing but I suspect that in England it will only get through on the basis of 1 person per seat. To me anything else smacks of "cramming them in" and over-crowding. Keep it simple: everyone has a seat but in some areas people can stand at their seat.
That way it is common sense and ensures that there CANNOT be overcrowding at a football match - and as such is very difficult for any sane person to oppose.

The demand is for the premium of being able to stand again. It's not in the fans' interest to be given less room as a trade off. So standing with no increase in capacity is win-win

The demand is for the premium of being able to stand again. It's not in the fans' interest to be given less room as a trade off. So standing with no increase in capacity is win-win
Good point. Also the attendance numbers would probably need be even more strictly controlled for safe-standing than for all-seated games. Not sure how easy that is if you allow, say, three standing per every two seats?

Good point. Also the attendance numbers would probably need be even more strictly controlled for safe-standing than for all-seated games. Not sure how easy that is if you allow, say, three standing per every two seats?

yeah, capacity is dictated by exit gangway dimensions and available toilet facilities rather than how many people can actually fit

http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk/the-proposal/the-proposal---continued-2 Has information on what is being proposed and according to this its 72 standing fans per 40 seated.

That's the sort of set up that I was proposing above with 2 rows of people per rail seat with those behind being able to look between the heads of those in front.

I don't think that proposal fits our case for the new stadium however as we have stated that we could increase capacity by around only 1,600. Using the 72 standing fans per 40 seated would mean that we were only replacing 2000 seats with the new safe standing rail seats to instead accommodate 3,600 standing fans and I don't see why we would only convert 2,000 of the seats in our South Stand if given the opportunity to incorporate safe standing?

I can therefore only think that our plans involve replacing the existing seats in the whole of the lower part of the new South Stand with narrower rail seats, giving us that 1,600 uplift?

Especially when a harsh north-easterly blows.

And the irony of it all is you dont have a choice.......the levy lottery will decide:D

In a way you do. So far I have been allocated tickets in the highest bracket I have chosen. So if you dont particularly fancy sitting in the North Upper, you can either chose a lower price bracket (but reduce your chance of getting a ticket) or pick a higher price bracket and more than likely you will get a ticket in the stand.

Back